Disney Riviera Resort

I'm having trouble visualizing the footprints of CBR and Riviera from the gondola map I've seen. Does someone have a link to a better map that really shows where the proposed resort(s) will be? From those we ought to be able to extrapolate as to whether there is likely to be communication (and, therefore, shared theming) between the 2 or not.

The sharing of the gondolas is the one thing that gives me pause - hard to say the access to 2 parks makes it 'deluxe' when you'll be fighting w/ the thousands of people staying at AOA, Pop, and CBR at park closing to get back to your villa at night. Not much different than having to share the monorail w/ all the TTC people to get back the the GF or Poly at MK closing, I suppose, except I can always opt for the boat if I don't want to fight the crowds when I'm at GF or Poly.

So do you think the Caribbean Beach will stay on the same price level as Coronado & Port Orleans or is there still to be changes with all that because of the gondolas and everything else? I also wonder about how the resort will look from inside Epcot? Like they did with Tower of Terror/Morocco, maybe they should have made this resort look to fit in with the Germany or Italy architecture. I guess it's so generic looking it could go with anything I suppose.

Is the rooftop restaurant only open to DVC members or to any Disney guest?
Is there any existing restaurant only open to DVC members? I would think it would be more profitable Disney to let anyone go. Would raise value of CBR to have another table service easily accessible. Also raises the value of Pop and AoA, if the guests can easily get to the restaurant by using the gondolas.

I'm thinking of Sanaa, Olivia's, and the one at SS in particular. All DVC resort restaurants. All open to anyone.

Is there anything other than the rooftop lounge at BLT that is exclusive to DVC members? That's the only one I know of.

Would seem odd to limit a full restaurant to only DVC.

Just preliminary thoughts right now until we know more...
  • to me personally as a DVC owner, I wouldn't pay top dollar to buy DVC unless I could walk to a park if I chose
  • we have used points at Poly where we can 1) monorail to MK and 2) walk to TTC and monorail directly to Epcot
  • but the more I think about it looking at the map I posted... would I include as a resort that I'd pay top dollar point-wise one that only accessed parks via these gondolas that cover this much ground and are open to such LARGE resorts nearby? Probably not, no. Maybe once to try it out if reviews were really good...
ETA: I think A LOT will be riding on the efficiency of the gondola system... and FOR ME, it having A/C... :)

Last edited:
Just preliminary thoughts right now until we know more...
  • to me personally as a DVC owner, I wouldn't pay top dollar to buy DVC unless I could walk to a park if I chose
  • we have used points at Poly where we can 1) monorail to MK and 2) walk to TTC and monorail directly to Epcot
  • but the more I think about it looking at the map I posted... would I include as a resort that I'd pay top dollar point-wise one that only accessed parks via these gondolas that cover this much ground and are open to such LARGE resorts nearby? Probably not, no. Maybe once to try it out if reviews were really good...

Yeah.... I don't own DVC, but I would think that this one should be along the same price as SS or OKW. Perhaps a bit more due to the gondolas and proximity to Epcot and HS, but unless they open a walking path to Epcot from there, I can't see anything near monorail resort or Boardwalk pricing.

unless they open a walking path to Epcot from there, I can't see anything near monorail resort or Boardwalk pricing.
That's what I'm beginning to think... my initial thought was close to BLT pricing, but that's before I REALLY understood how the parks would be accessed. Even a looooooong walking path somehow to Epcot could bump the price IMO.

Yep, the resort is to the right of the gondola station there.

Were there any details provided as to how the gondola station might connect to the new resort? I would think direct access to the station from the main building would be key to selling this.

So from this, it looks like it is going to be right next to Aruba. Could Disney then make Aruba and possibly a section of Barbados a preferred section and charge quite a bit more?

DVCNews.com has an article showing placement of the Riviera relative to remaining CBR sections as well as placement of a new pond to increase the sense of separation between the two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter