Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Anybody know what is going on here (red circle)?
upload_2018-6-2_9-58-37.png

That’s a big question right now. Nobody really knows for sure. That area did show up in gondola permits but it doesn’t appear that will be used for the Skyliner at all.
interesting. it isn't near any of the stations. maybe additional CM parking foe EPCOT?

The gondola permit showed that this area was just going to be cleared and covered in gravel. I assumed at the time it was going to be a staging area for the gondola project but that doesn't seem to be needed at this point.
Maybe that’s where they will do the rope line work?

The gondola permit showed that this area was just going to be cleared and covered in gravel. I assumed at the time it was going to be a staging area for the gondola project but that doesn't seem to be needed at this point.
Can you post a link to the permit or post the permit information?

Just to clarify something.
Disney has the luxury of putting the lift towers up at their leisure. Since the terrain is flat and easily accessible. At mountain resorts, a helicopter is often used for the most difficult installations. Of course a heavy lifting helicopter is a bit expensive to have on hand, so they tend to put the towers up in rapid succession in order to limit the amount of time they need to keep the aircraft.

Probably gravel.
Probably new overflow BWI parking (that I now pay for when staying there)
Probably where I will have to park next time I stay there cause regular lot is full. (yes, I pay for that now)
Probably stop at old hess on way from car for cold beer to get me back to my hotel that I pay for parking for anyway....pirate: Arghhhhhhh

Probably gravel.
Probably where I will have to park next time I stay there cause regular lot is full. (yes, I pay for that now)
Probably stop at old hess on way from car for cold beer to get me back to my hotel that I pay for parking for anyway....pirate: Arghhhhhhh
How was the Segways?

How was the Segways?

Loved the old Segway tour. Took it three times. Always before park opened. Great time. Would pay double or triple to do it again on next trip. Those are my two twin sons surrounding me. They dwarf old dad.

Probably gravel.

Jim Hill suggested this would be a staging area for drones for the next Epcot nighttime spectacular. FWIW...

But if a Guest needed extra time or a stopped cabin to load, they probably need the same to unload. Those cabins will need to be routed onto the outer loop; they need to be recognized coming into the station, and there needs to be room for them on the outer loop. And if the "one off, one on" rule needs to be observed, then there also needs to be a cabin ready to take their place on the mainline.

Really, the software just needs to count launched vs caught gondolas. It would be fairly easy to program since the software would know when a car was loaded from the handicap line. Could also be accomplished with an RFID chip, just like what's in a magic band.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter