Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

WDWNT has a lot of images posted where you can see more of the character images: https://wdwnt.com/2019/02/photos-vi...-full-capacity-designs-visible-beneath-tarps/

Just to share a few of them here .... and I like their quote of "Snow White seems pretty okay with being cramped in there with 7 other people and no A/C."

disney-skyliner-gondolas-designs-beneath-tarps_5-1200x799.jpg

And just an image with a lot of the gondolas on the line:

disney-skyliner-gondolas-designs-beneath-tarps_1-1200x800.jpg

I say you get what you get when it comes to the gondola! I mean, do they allow you to wait for a certain car when riding TSM? It should only be a few minute ride, right?

I say you get what you get when it comes to the gondola! I mean, do they allow you to wait for a certain car when riding TSM? It should only be a few minute ride, right?

i guess it depends ... they let you wait to get a specific seat for Soarin', lot of roller coasters have a secondary line if you want to wait for the front or the back

Guess how they view it. Like others have said my guess is that mid day when little to no line they would let you but during peak times they wouldn't

i guess it depends ... they let you wait to get a specific seat for Soarin', lot of roller coasters have a secondary line if you want to wait for the front or the back

Guess how they view it. Like others have said my guess is that mid day when little to no line they would let you but during peak times they wouldn't
I can’t see them letting guests pick without it being an operational issue. They are going to want people to keep moving.

WDWNT has a lot of images posted where you can see more of the character images: https://wdwnt.com/2019/02/photos-vi...-full-capacity-designs-visible-beneath-tarps/

Just to share a few of them here .... and I like their quote of "Snow White seems pretty okay with being cramped in there with 7 other people and no A/C."

disney-skyliner-gondolas-designs-beneath-tarps_5-1200x799.jpg

And just an image with a lot of the gondolas on the line:

disney-skyliner-gondolas-designs-beneath-tarps_1-1200x800.jpg

Reading the article there are a lot more designs than I expected and they probably arent even all of them! Great stuff!

While at Epcot today I spend a bit of time checking out sight lines. Thought this picture from the bridge near France might be of interest to some concerning the visibility of the gondola system from inside Epcot. View attachment 384275

Also notice the RAT ride building is now visible to the far left over France.
Looks pretty minimal to me. Moving a bit in either direction looks like it is pretty much out of sight

Has anyone who has seen these in person mentioned how many character gondolas there appear to be vs plain? Doesn’t really matter...just curious!

While at Epcot today I spend a bit of time checking out sight lines. Thought this picture from the bridge near France might be of interest to some concerning the visibility of the gondola system from inside Epcot. View attachment 384275

Also notice the RAT ride building is now visible to the far left over France.

And even if this was a sort of a concrete monorail extension, I still don't think it would be viewed as obtrusive (and could argue would add "magical" value). Kudos to Disney for the Gondolas and innovating/nostalgic value.

And even if this was a sort of a concrete monorail extension, I still don't think it would be viewed as obtrusive (and could argue would add "magical" value). Kudos to Disney for the Gondolas and innovating/nostalgic value.

I agree 1000%! I thought from the beginning how reminiscent these are of World Fairs of the past. Especially perfect for Epcot area. :)

Nice carts but those poles are hideous.
We’ve been to Disney 3 times since the Skyliner construction started and I can say we just don’t see the poles. The one exception to this would be the ones in the water at Pop/AoA but that’s only because I love to think of the gondolas floating so close above the water. Structure is necessary. I choose to ignore it for the good of the gondolas!

I promise those wrapped ones are going to feel hotter in the middle of the day than the unwrapped ones. At least assuming they really will have the highly reflective tint on the unwrapped ones.

The vinyl wraps will absorb the majority of solar heat and make the windows much warmer than ambient, which will radiate to the passengers. While the ones with just tint will reflect nearly all of the solar heat and will basically be ambient temperature.

I think I am going to take my wet bulb globe thermometer in Sept (If it is running) to measure the difference in comfort.

*To be clear, I am not saying these will be too hot, just the will feel warmer relative to the unwrapped ones. The measured dry-bulb temperature in them will be the same, though, but the WBGT which is a measure of comfort will not be the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter