Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I had posted this a few pages ago when someone asked about relation of preferred rooms to the stations. So they are not labeled but I think you ca see which buildings are closest to the stations

for the main CBR one it is the southern Jamaica buildings (so buildings 41-43) and for the Riviera station is it the northern Aruba buildings (nos. 54-56)

View attachment 396109
Thank you

That's about a million times better than the fire emergency evac procedures for the monorail. For anyone who doesn't know, the fire evac for the monorail involves climbing up through the car through an open hatch to the roof, walking along the train, climbing down a rope on the pilot car to the rail, and then walking the beam to a station or being pulled off the beam after you have reached a safe distance from the fire emergency. Can they be evacuated from the sides on a raised platform? Yes, and that's the typical method because thankfully fire emergencies are rare. But the actual fire emergency evac procedure is a true nightmare.

Those lifts appear to be able to go high enough for the tallest towers at CBR.
They did a lot of ground work in CBR to be able to have those size lifts drive onto the grass areas, I was thinking they would need to be bigger but those will do the job. Now the wait for the boat rescue pics.

Do some work on similar lifts in my day job. Only thing I will say is they really don't go fast enough for me. I definitely trust them to do the job, just might take a little while with the numbers involved.

That's about a million times better than the fire emergency evac procedures for the monorail. For anyone who doesn't know, the fire evac for the monorail involves climbing up through the car through an open hatch to the roof, walking along the train, climbing down a rope on the pilot car to the rail, and then walking the beam to a station or being pulled off the beam after you have reached a safe distance from the fire emergency. Can they be evacuated from the sides on a raised platform? Yes, and that's the typical method because thankfully fire emergencies are rare. But the actual fire emergency evac procedure is a true nightmare.

I would rather just repel from both.

I would rather just repel from both.

Yeah. Knowing the procedure is terrifying. Especially with my mild fear of heights. Walking along the top of the car and climbing down a rope to the beam would leave me needing new underwear. Walking along the beam wouldn't be much better. Thankfully only the '85 episode required this kind of evac, and since at the time these procedures weren't in place, they weren't used. People climbed out the windows and to the top of the train. The interior hatches were added following the incident.

Super rare. But still, just a ridiculous procedure.

On second thought...if these were on a boat, even a big one they would be top heavy :eek:
I bet they end up on a large barge like they used for the construction.

On second thought...if these were on a boat, even a big one they would be top heavy :eek:
I bet they end up on a large barge like they used for the construction.
I could be wrong but I would anticipate the water evacuations would not use the lifts. I can see those evacuations being more the repel style. Just a guess on my part. Time will tell.

There could easily be over 200 guests stuck over the lake during a peak time...that's a lot of rope, not to mention the number of rescuers and time needed.

Maybe just overly optimistic thinking on my part...

But, if they didn't open until Fall, wouldn't they have to do evacuation training all over again before opening, because of too much time passing between then and now?

If so, then opening can't be too far away..... (still hoping by end of June).

I kind of had the same thought, but decided against voicing it since I've been complaining about this too much lately. But yeah, seems like they would be ready for CM testing very soon if they haven't really begun that already.

Will this affect the Epcot International Gateway back entrance? We’re staying at the beach club and we’re hoping to walk to Epcot at night

Will this affect the Epcot International Gateway back entrance? We’re staying at the beach club and we’re hoping to walk to Epcot at night

Will what affect it?

There's ongoing construction at the International Gateway entrance to expand it, but it's still open. The Skyliner station there is mostly built, just not entirely finished (the detail work).

Recent photo:
6b83e26a-b40b-4f7f-a7fb-481da95e8997-jpeg.395786

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter