Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

The Hollywood station is looking great.

I haven't kept up on this, but have their been any updates in terms of how hot these things really get? Like has a single human being even completed a circuit on these yet? Where's the leaked info! I know they say the things will stay cool but I just can't imagine them being nothing but hanging hotboxes.
Think of it as stitting under a tree with a nice breeze on a hot day.

Another thing I noticed on my way out of the park today is that all of the overhead lights and ceiling fans were on and running in the station today, even at midday

I will be at the international gateway tomorrow and back at HS on Saturday if anyone has anything they want me to look at in particular I would be happy to try and look. The epcot turm station and HS station both look all but complete. The lines have all remained stationary since I arrived on Tuesday.

I will be at the international gateway tomorrow and back at HS on Saturday if anyone has anything they want me to look at in particular I would be happy to try and look. The epcot turm station and HS station both look all but complete. The lines have all remained stationary since I arrived on Tuesday.
Thanks for the updates! I’m so excited for these to open!

Has anyone been able to peek inside one yet while they're in the stations? Are they running empty or do they have weights inside for load testing?

Has anyone been able to peek inside one yet while they're in the stations? Are they running empty or do they have weights inside for load testing?
At some point they have to do load testing, but I bet to actually catch them in the act someone would have to be pretty lucky. I have a feeling it has already been done, but that is just a hunch.

At some point they have to do load testing, but I bet to actually catch them in the act someone would have to be pretty lucky. I have a feeling it has already been done, but that is just a hunch.
They may have done some load testing already. Could’ve been sandbags on the floor or something and we can’t really see that.

They may have done some load testing already. Could’ve been sandbags on the floor or something and we can’t really see that.
Yeah, I bet they did it early on in the initial testing, probably at night. I have a feeling they would've done it before the have people even workers riding in the cabins. Probably sand bags or water bladders on the floor that wouldn't be massively obvious to anyone.

It seems the international gateway station is the limiting factor in getting this running.

Unless they open the Pop/AoA and HS lines earlier.

The Hollywood station is looking great.

I haven't kept up on this, but have their been any updates in terms of how hot these things really get? Like has a single human being even completed a circuit on these yet? Where's the leaked info! I know they say the things will stay cool but I just can't imagine them being nothing but hanging hotboxes.
I find being on a boat a pleasant summer mid-day experience, especially if there’s shade...because there’s constant movement and breeze. I’m expecting the gondola (moving and higher than pavement level) to be closer to a boat experience than a telephone booth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter