Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

A little more Riviera Skyliner video

In that video you can clearly see a large gap in the middle section. I think that is big enough they could fully stop one there and let the others just stack up a bit behind it, filling the gap.

In that video you can clearly see a large gap in the middle section. I think that is big enough they could fully stop one there and let the others just stack up a bit behind it, filling the gap.
I don't think it's going to come to a complete stop in the station it will most likely be slower then it is in the others but to come to a complete stop would mean they would have to stop the lines coming and going from the station. Most likely what will happen is they will load a wheelchair or EVc in backwards at the offline stops at the end of the line for people going to the Rivera if they are loading they will probably go in forwards and be able to have more time to get off at the end point stations. Something to also keep in mind not everyone will be getting off their unlike the other stations.

I don't think it's going to come to a complete stop in the station it will most likely be slower then it is in the others but to come to a complete stop would mean they would have to stop the lines coming and going from the station. Most likely what will happen is they will load a wheelchair or EVc in backwards at the offline stops at the end of the line for people going to the Rivera if they are loading they will probably go in forwards and be able to have more time to get off at the end point stations. Something to also keep in mind not everyone will be getting off their unlike the other stations.

Not necessarily. In the station the cars are no longer on the cable so they could momentarily stop them without impacting the rest of the line. The gaps that @OSUZorba pointed out may allow for a short stoppage of a car.

I agree with you about loading direction. But if there is a gap in the station, they can stop one gondola while advancing the others until the gap is filled without stopping the cable. If the gap is the size of 3 gondolas they could stop one for about 30 seconds.

Our DVC tour guide today was spreading gossip (I think he must have ridden a bus to work in the morning and chatted up the bus driver to get the latest breaking news.)

He claims that there are four to five skyliner expansions on the drawing board that will connect all Disney parks and resorts in a giant network.

In more reliable and Disney sanctioned news, he confirmed that the skyliner resorts will maintain some level of bussing to all the parks.

(Edited to correct my awful spellingdnkd)

Last edited:
I imagine connecting all parks is definitely on the table currently. All resorts - well maybe.

But what about springs!? I imagine like buses they wont want to offer a daytime service to stop everyone parking free at springs and going to the parks.

I imagine connecting all parks is definitely on the table currently. All resorts - well maybe.

But what about springs!? I imagine like buses they wont want to offer a daytime service to stop everyone parking free at springs and going to the parks.
There are no buses from Springs to the parks. So that really doesn’t happen.

I think if there work out it would be great to have a Skyliner from TTC to the MK entrance. It could run on the east side of Seven Seas Lagoon. Imagine a continuous load :)

Last edited:
I think if there work out it would be great to have a Skyliner from TTC to the MK entrance. It could run on the east side of Seven Seas Lagoon. Imagine a continuous load :)
It might work out, but I think people’s heads would explode if you put a Skyliner anywhere near the Seven Seas Lagoon and had that running in the sight lines there.

It might work out, but I think people’s heads would explode if you put a Skyliner anywhere near the Seven Seas Lagoon and had that running in the sight lines there.
Just so long as it doesn't prevent me from seeing the monorails

There was a severe thunderstorm warning tonight with winds predicted over 40mph. When we arrived at HS the line was completed cleared (see picture), which had not been the case the previous few days. I'm not sure if the two were related or not.20190608_193225.jpg

Also the picture below shows that the cars in the 2nd ( handicap load) loop were not cleared with the rest, but rather remained in the station 20190608_193321.jpg

There was a severe thunderstorm warning tonight with winds predicted over 40mph. When we arrived at HS the line was completed cleared (see picture), which had not been the case the previous few days. I'm not sure if the two were related or not.
20190608_193225.jpg
Perhaps even more interesting, by some amazing feat of imagineering, the entire gondola line ( and the world with it) has been shifted 90 degrees. ( sorry the pic is oriented properly on my phone but posts that way. I'm not sure how to change it)

There was a severe thunderstorm warning tonight with winds predicted over 40mph. When we arrived at HS the line was completed cleared (see picture), which had not been the case the previous few days. I'm not sure if the two were related or not.

They issued a severe thunderstorm warning for 40 mph winds? That's just another day here. Normally a severe thunderstorm warning is a storm with winds over 58 mph.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter