• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

And dates I picked in February Pop is only maybe 60 less than the moderates and 30 more then all stars

Slightly different angle, we are also going in Februrary and needed room that fits 5 and Caribbean Beach was still the cheapest option (but not by much)

I was told by a friend of a cast member that the Skyliner is going to require a $30 upcharge to your tickets and that you would have to scan you ticket in order to ride this. Doesn't make much sense to me but my understanding was that it was like the monorail/boat/bus, free to everyone no matter what.
This is ridiculous. You do know that there are people who like nothing more then to make up rumors so they can watch them spread on forums and upset people, right? Don’t fall for it and spread it. 🙄

If people have to think about if staying at Pop is worth it that means Disney nailed the price point. If it is a no brainers then they aren't charging enough. If it to high without question then it is overpriced. Having to think about it is perfect...

If people have to think about if staying at Pop is worth it that means Disney nailed the price point. If it is a no brainers then they aren't charging enough. If it to high without question then it is overpriced. Having to think about it is perfect...

We didn't have to think about it... Couldn't apply either AP or FL discounts to the Friday or Saturday of our stay. Was cheaper to move to the Dolphin with a Hotwire Hot Rate and not worry about transportation.

But clearly based on availability... Disney is having no issues keeping Pop full.

We have reservations at the POP in November. It will be our first time at a value. Only because I do want to see if the skyliner is worth it to us. My Mom has her own room and uses an ECV. I'm hoping it makes it easier for her. If not, we will be back to Disney Springs hotels and using rideshare. I don't care if we are on or off site.

:stir:

This is very unlikely. The resorts along the line are paying for the Skyliner in higher room prices. Have you seen the maintenance fees per point at the Riviera? They are crazy high and more than likely due to the Skyliner among other things.

I doubt that it is legal to put the cost of a piece of external infrastructure into the maintenance fees for a neighboring resort. Maintenance fees have to be related to the maintenance and up-keep of the real estate at which the points are located.

I doubt that it is legal to put the cost of a piece of external infrastructure into the maintenance fees for a neighboring resort. Maintenance fees have to be related to the maintenance and up-keep of the real estate at which the points are located.
Current MF include things like a portion of the parking lot and bus service. The skyliner isn't any different.

We have reservations at the POP in November. It will be our first time at a value. Only because I do want to see if the skyliner is worth it to us. My Mom has her own room and uses an ECV. I'm hoping it makes it easier for her. If not, we will be back to Disney Springs hotels and using rideshare. I don't care if we are on or off site.

I expect one of the big benefits to being at a skyliner resort is that transportation for people with ECVs/Wheelchars and also for people with strollers should be a much easier to DHS and Epcot. Don't have to wait for a bus that has room for an ECV and for those with strollers, won't have to empty them and fold them up, etc. ... similar to how being on a Monorail resort is easier for those going to/coming from MK

Obviously we shall see in practice, but I think that will be a big advantage

FYI - Skyliner testing has resumed today ... current wind speed is ~20MPH

This makes me SO happy as we arrive Saturday! Still holding out a teeny, tiny, itsy, bitsy glimmer of hope (although Dorian almost squashed that!!) that we will be able to ride before we leave on the 16th!

Is the line that they took down to 'tighten up' back up and testing again?

Roadways, Water and Sewer Systems.... those are all external infrastructure that get lumped in with maintenance fees for many off site properties.

From what I've read, Transportation costs are part of Disney's maintenance fees. Monorail, Boat, Buses... Gondola's. But it should just be the upkeep of these, and I'd think the Gondola's would be less costly than a Monorail.

Wonder what the maintenance fees over at CSR are? They don't have a Gondola... yet.

This is ridiculous. You do know that there are people who like nothing more then to make up rumors so they can watch them spread on forums and upset people, right? Don’t fall for it and spread it. 🙄

I in no shape or form was believing it. I knew it was false information when she told me, I simply put it here as discussion. I even tried to correct her but her final response was "we'll just see when it opens". Again I find it ridiculous the inaccuracy of the statement told to me.

We didn't have to think about it... Couldn't apply either AP or FL discounts to the Friday or Saturday of our stay. Was cheaper to move to the Dolphin with a Hotwire Hot Rate and not worry about transportation.

But clearly based on availability... Disney is having no issues keeping Pop full.

I haven’t used Hotwire before. I thought you couldn’t pick your hotel? Is it possible to pick a specific hotel? How much are you paying per night?
We live in Orlando (so don’t really need to stay) but would love to stay a night to enjoy a day riding the Skyliner and have a nice dinner somewhere along the way.

I haven’t used Hotwire before. I thought you couldn’t pick your hotel? Is it possible to pick a specific hotel? How much are you paying per night?
We live in Orlando (so don’t really need to stay) but would love to stay a night to enjoy a day riding the Skyliner and have a nice dinner somewhere along the way.
You can usually figure out which hotel it is before you book the deal. Looking at the number of reviews, ratings, number of stars, resort fees, etc. When I booked the Dolphin a couple weeks ago they said "guarenteed to be one of these chains" and two of them weren't in Orlando and the other wasn't near the parks. I paid $143 all in (taxes and resort fee) for 8/23. I had a reservation at AoA that was $173 with AP discount all in that I cancelled.

Wonder what the maintenance fees over at CSR are? They don't have a Gondola... yet.

Maybe Disney allocates some bus transportation cost in their internal accounting for each resort, but Coronado Springs Resort isn't DVC so there's no maintenance fees to compare.

I feel like they have already been consistently more expensive - but sometimes POP was only a few dollars more a night. Now I think it will be more like $20-40 more a night and people will have to decide if Skyliner is worth it

Not to give them any ideas, but I wonder if POP/AoA were about the same price as the other Allstars, but it was say $30 a night to have gondola access, what percent of guests would add that service.

It sounds like in general that's what they are offering/charging, you just can't "refuse" the access for a discount if staying there.

Maybe Disney allocates some bus transportation cost in their internal accounting for each resort, but Coronado Springs Resort isn't DVC so there's no maintenance fees to compare.
Each Disney resort pays a % to transportation, that is a fact. DVC collects it in maintenance fees, the other resorts do it thru room rate.

Coronado is no different than any other non DVC resort. It's a certain % which also is factored into the room rate. Grand Destrino room rates absolutely were set with a transportation share factored in. If Coronado ever is included in a Skyliner expansion, the room rates will go up more than others as the transportation cost will go up.

Yes you can narrow things down... by looking at the ratings and amenities. And there are sites out there to assist - betterbidding & roomrevealer. The double occupancy rate was $120 for the last week of September, saw it as low as $90 for dates in August. Even for my stay, the price varied based on the time of day... AM was better rate than checking in the evenings..

In addition there are PROMO codes out there to knock off a little more.

But the $120 was just the room. Another $34 for Resort Fees and then $25 for Parking.

Each Disney resort pays a % to transportation, that is a fact. DVC collects it in maintenance fees, the other resorts do it thru room rate.

Coronado is no different than any other non DVC resort. It's a certain % which also is factored into the room rate. Grand Destrino room rates absolutely were set with a transportation share factored in. If Coronado ever is included in a Skyliner expansion, the room rates will go up more than others as the transportation cost will go up.
Room rates are going up because the Skyliner is more desirable than the bus, not because it costs more to operate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter