Disney Springs to Ticket and Transportation Center Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

JellyMintJames

Mouseketeer
If you are looking to avoid the parking fee at Disney World or don't want the hassle of taking 2 Disney buses to theme parks from Disney Springs here is the secret. Use the Lynx, Bus number 50 takes you directly to Ticket and Transportation Center and back To Disney Springs (also to Sea World). $2.00 each way or $4.50 for all day. If you're a pass holder ('s) then better for you but if you're like me and want to avoid the tight parking quarters you can use this advice as well. :)

Another tip: If you are staying the whole week or more and not a pass holder or not staying on the property it's best if you buy 7 day bus passes or more if you are staying longer.

I thought there was a site rule against 'disney rule breaking' posts ..... but I can no longer find it.

did this site get OK with 'rule breaking'?

I didn’t realize this was a secret that the Lynx 50 bus that does TTC to SeaWorld stopped at DS. I know many people have suggested this to families staying at WDW that want go to/from SeaWorld and do not want to Lyft/Uber/taxi.

Now the suggest of using this method just to avoid parking fees might be an issue for these boards. If too many people start doing this, then it will be like DTD in CA and they will slap a parking fee for DS.

I'm not sure how wise an idea it is to be posting here about how to evade the parks' parking fees.

As a WDW bus driver I picked up people who parked at DTD to avoid the parking fee at the parks all the time. As the OP posted, that's a two bus process but some people did it and I assume still do, but the numbers were tiny. I thought it was a dumb idea, just pay the fee, your time is worth something.

I don't see this method as being much different and I don't envision the numbers increasing because someone thinks they discovered something new and posted it on a forum. I can assure you that WDW bus transportation management has known about both practices since they started. I never heard a manager express any concern. IMO, it's a penny wise and pound foolish idea, just pay the parking fee and enjoy the convenience.

Are you saying it's okay to park at Disney Springs for free and then take public transportation to Disney via Ticket & Transportation Center?
No, it's a clear violation of Disboards policy about posting ways to circumvent Disney fees. This thread would have been shut down after the first post on the TPAS board.

And no, it isn't ok to park at DS for free and take transportation to the TTC to specifically avoid paying for parking.

Since this has been discussed by DISboards Admin and that decision posted above by a WebmasterKathy, there is no need for further comment here.

This is no different that a suggestion to take a limo, taxi, Uber, Lyft, Minnie Van, etc. from Disney Springs to a Theme Park. The end result is that the Theme Park parking expense may be avoided, but there is still some cost involved. Lynx has a contract with WDW allowing them to provide public transportation between certain areas and this suggestion points out that option to those who may not be aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter