• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney to cancel FPs if room is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now I have a one night stay booked at POR with a 3 day base ticket, followed by my DVC stay. Sounds like I just barely made it under the limbo stick with my stay next month.

With this change I would have only been able to make fast passes at 60 days out for the dates of March 30 and 31st with my 3- day ticket since my stay at POR is on March 30th?

I can also confirm the new policy. I have a short trip planned for April 1st and up till today my FP availability was every day between FEB 1st and the end of my 3 day stay...today it only shows a 30 day window and then my 3 days in April..
I have a AP.

Right now I have a one night stay booked at POR with a 3 day base ticket, followed by my DVC stay. Sounds like I just barely made it under the limbo stick with my stay next month.

With this change I would have only been able to make fast passes at 60 days out for the dates of March 30 and 31st with my 3- day ticket since my stay at POR is on March 30th?

Is your DVC stay right after your one night at POR, so they are continuous? If so, theoretically it should function like a single multinight stay, but that is what we are wondering about how it will impact split stays

I do wonder what happens if you book a 13 night stay, get your FP and then reduce your stay to 1 night - so you don't cancel it completely but you no longer have it for all the days you booked FP for ... will the system know to cancel the FPs just for the days you no longer have the room for?

I think the idea is that you would only get one day of FP booking at 60 days, but we'll see if the software actually flags it.

I think the maximum ticket is 10 days is it not? The maximum stay is 14 days. So if I have a 14 day stay booked with 10 day tickets I can book at the 74 day window. This has been most of our Disney stays.

All welcome changes to me. Though throwaway rooms didn’t get the length of ticket plus 60 days. They had to wait 60 days out for each day remaining on their ticket after the checkout day. I believe this was referred to as the rolling 60 days. I’m glad to see these changes.

Their 74 was just a comment on if you did everything right what’s the furthest out you could go. At least that’s the way I took it.

I’m guessing even shortening a front end of your reservation is even hindered too. That will be nice change too.

Sounds like the rolling 60 is gone now. If I pay for a 1 night campsite, I get two days (check in/checkout) at 60/61 days. My 3rd day on I’d need to wait until 30 days out. Correct?

True throwaways weren’t enough to help FOP or SDD anyway because for a long time you couldn’t get those on day 61. Star Wars will be even worse I imagine.

Sounds like the rolling 60 is gone now. If I pay for a 1 night campsite, I get two days (check in/checkout) at 60/61 days. My 3rd day on I’d need to wait until 30 days out. Correct?

True throwaways weren’t enough to help FOP or SDD anyway because for a long time you couldn’t get those on day 61. Star Wars will be even worse I imagine.
To your first question yes. While throwaway rooms weren't helpful to FOP or SDD it did strain other rides allowing an advantage that was intended for the time that a guest stayed on-site.

Any additional availability helps someone. Between the throwaway, leading and cancelling inside 30 days, it may well have an effect. Disney isn’t known for coming down on issues that aren’t a significant problem. It’s probably why they let this slide so long.

I'm sure the problem they see coming is first time guests coming for SWGE and not being able to get into and ride the new rides.
This for sure and the strain these "loopholes" caused on the other rides leaving first time guests upset that even those rides are late in the day or already gone to 1 day beyond 60.

So further more to the loophole, what if I booked a 10 day stay with 5 day tickets. Booked all my FP for 60+5 a 60+10 and then changed the reservation to only be 5 days.(all onsite)

Do I keep me FP? I am guessing yes and assume this is harder to track? Or am I miss understanding the loop hole here?

So further more to the loophole, what if I booked a 10 day stay with 5 day tickets. Booked all my FP for 60+5 a 60+10 and then changed the reservation to only be 5 days.(all onsite)

Do I keep me FP? I am guessing yes and assume this is harder to track? Or am I miss understanding the loop hole here?
I think as long as you still have the reservation, you should be good. But who knows, this sounds like the leading reservation loophole.

So I booked a dummy reservation to play with for check in on April 23-26 with a 5 day ticket. I am only seeing the ability to make fast passes for the 23 and 24th. What am I missing here? I figured I would be able to make them through the 26th?

It wouldn't be hard to track and in fact you may end up with Disney saying that if you change your first day to a later date all FPs booked at the 60 day window will be canceled.

To me it sounds like they want you to lose any of those FP's that were beyond the 60+5.

Whether they can actually program their software to make that happen we don't know for sure at this point.

I still think they will offer a SWGE room package that will include room, tickets and guaranteed access to SWGE with maybe even some FP's...at a very premium price.

well, you can stay concierge and then pay the extra $50/person/day to get extra FP that you can book 90 days out which would basically guarantee getting whatever rides you want

And of course the Star Wars Hotel will give you this

I also expect some sort of VIP tour (like they do at Animal Kingdom which is a way to pay for a FoP FP) and early or late hours paid hard ticket events

I don't think we know exactly in that situation - they could track what days you have your on site hotel reservation and then only let you have FP for those days - so if you had a FP for on day 8 of your original booking and then you cut the dates back so that is no longer a hotel stay day that FP would be cancelled

I don't think we know exactly in that situation - they could track what days you have your on site hotel reservation and then only let you have FP for those days - so if you had a FP for on day 8 of your original booking and then you cut the dates back so that is no longer a hotel stay day that FP would be cancelled

To me it sounds like they want you to lose any of those FP's that were beyond the 60+5.

Whether they can actually program their software to make that happen we don't know for sure at this point.

I agree and I feel like it should happen. But if my hotel reservation is now only for 65-70 days and that’s all my FP is for I think it would be hard to track. But what do I know, I hope I’m wrong.

I follow the system how it’s meant to be used so I’m not to worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter