• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney to cancel FPs if room is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I booked a dummy reservation to play with for check in on April 23-26 with a 5 day ticket. I am only seeing the ability to make fast passes for the 23 and 24th. What am I missing here? I figured I would be able to make them through the 26th?

Thanks for checking into this. If the FPs are now on a rolling 60, that’s going to be a pain. HOWEVER, I do think it makes making FPs more of a level playing ground. People with long stays were able to book high demand FPs at 60+N. Let’s say that date is March 1. For the people whose FP open on March 1, it’s likely that all the FPs for high demand rises are gone. They never had a shot.

Last edited:
well, you can stay concierge and then pay the extra $50/person/day to get extra FP that you can book 90 days out which would basically guarantee getting whatever rides you want

And of course the Star Wars Hotel will give you this

I also expect some sort of VIP tour (like they do at Animal Kingdom which is a way to pay for a FoP FP) and early or late hours paid hard ticket events

They will 100% have some sort of Hard ticket events for SWGE.

The big question for me is will they have DAH during the Christmas holiday week? Traditional they have not done any DAH after Dec 22nd. Were going that week and it would drastically improve our trip if we could get in on a DAH that week at SWGE. Assuming it's priced in the real world....LOL. Currently DAH our $125. I'd pay up to $200 for SWGE, but not sure I'd go higher unless there was some serious extra value to it.

I still think they will offer a SWGE room package that will include room, tickets and guaranteed access to SWGE with maybe even some FP's...at a very premium price.
I assume hard-ticketed events will be offered. They were offered for Toy Story Land and Pandora. They just wrapped them in the EMM at the time. But for Toy Story Land only RnR and ToT were opened outside of Toy Story Land. Plus I rode SDD 5 time, Alien 3 times, and Mania 2 times and got to see all the characters. So I agree it will happen but not be a package that is exclusive just bundled with the hard ticketed event. They can't promise you a ride but can promise less crowds in the park.

Thanks for checking into this. If the FPs are now on a rolling 60, that’s going to be a pain. HOWEVER, I do think it makes making FPs more of a level playing ground. People with long stays were able to book high demand FPs at 60+N. Let’s say that date is March 1. For the people who’s FP open on March 1, it’s likely that all the FPs for high demand rises are gone. They never had a shot.
It could just be a glitch. Not sure right now.

I agree and I feel like it should happen. But if my hotel reservation is now only for 65-70 days and that’s all my FP is for I think it would be hard to track. But what do I know, I hope I’m wrong.

I follow the system how it’s meant to be used so I’m not to worried.
It would be simple for them to track from a coding perspective. Now the "burden" on the system to do this could be more trouble than it is worth, though even this seems easy to me. They just need to check the date you made the FP reservation for if it is earlier than your modified reservation date - 60 days then cancel all fastpasses that were made prior to the new 60 day window of the modified reservation. That would show an advantage was gained at some point and to be take away. Now the real issue is for those that have to cancel modify for legitimate reasons such as pushing back the stay one day because a snow storm shuts down an airport for instance. But that example happens usually day before check in so already requires a call and special override by the CMs to do the modifications.

I think the idea is that you would only get one day of FP booking at 60 days, but we'll see if the software actually flags it.

I think the maximum ticket is 10 days is it not? The maximum stay is 14 days. So if I have a 14 day stay booked with 10 day tickets I can book at the 74 day window. This has been most of our Disney stays.
The maximum stay can be longer in various situations, such as those from overseas, staying on DVC Points, etc.

The maximum stay can be longer in various situations, such as those from overseas, staying on DVC Points, etc.
Yeah DVC stays are 30 days per reservation at max, so agreed. I think the policy was the most advantage you ever got for Fastpasses was always 60+14 so if your stay was longer than 14 days you had to wait to the next day to do your 15 night, then another wait to do the 16th night.

I’m not sure I follow. Disney wants to even the playing field? Or give advantage to those with longer stays/more ticket days?

Either way, @SL6827 indicates that it seems to have been a glitch.
I am going to book a 2 night dummy room only reservation behind this dummy package reservation and see if it will open up one more day to book the fast passes. I have a 5 day ticket on the package.

I’m not sure I follow. Disney wants to even the playing field? Or give advantage to those with longer stays/more ticket days?

Either way, @SL6827 indicates that it seems to have been a glitch.

i think Disney wants you to pay to stay on site and be on site for the maximum amount of time - so closing loops that gave people staying off site the same advantages as those paying to stay onsite they want to get ride of

i think Disney wants you to pay to stay on site and be on site for the maximum amount of time - so closing loops that gave people staying off site the same advantages as those paying to stay onsite they want to get ride of

My comment was in reference to whether or not they have eliminated the ability to book all your FPs for length of stay, or if you can only book check-in + 1 day at a time.

While this has needed to be done for a long time, I am in the minority of people not overly concerned about getting FPs. Yes they needed to close the loop for those who were abusing it. I wont get into the throwaway debate because as long as someone doesnt cancel and pays for the throwaway, they are just basically buying FPs and that is their choice. Ive done it before. But those who cancel should not have the right to keep FPs. Loop closed. No issue that I see. But, as I said, we go so often and I can get FPs day of for generally anything I want or I just RD if there is something I really want to do and dont have the flexibility on time to refresh and find what I want and thats generally just FOP. Though lately Ive been pulling those pretty easy for later in the day. SDC seems to be the one elusive one but Ive managed that too, so reality, most people dont know how to use the FP system anyway and I dont worry too much about it.

yeah, we normally don't even stay on site so I never got into any of these games (heck, I was always to nervous to even do the whole "rider swap doubling up on FPs" loophole) ... but you know those that go for these loopholes will look for what does work after Disney closes the ones that are now known.

And maybe I am just exaggerating or looking at extremes, but I just think for Galaxy's Edge people will pull out all the stops to ensure they get to ride

You know the old saying... when one loophole closes another one opens..lol

My comment was in reference to whether or not they have eliminated the ability to book all your FPs for length of stay, or if you can only book check-in + 1 day at a time.

They aren’t doing that. Those with on site stays and who don’t cancel anything are not affected.

They will 100% have some sort of Hard ticket events for SWGE.
The big question for me is will they have DAH during the Christmas holiday week? Traditional they have not done any DAH after Dec 22nd. Were going that week and it would drastically improve our trip if we could get in on a DAH that week at SWGE. Assuming it's priced in the real world....LOL. Currently DAH our $125. I'd pay up to $200 for SWGE, but not sure I'd go higher unless there was some serious extra value to it.
The demand for any hard ticket events will be so high that they will sell out in about a nano second...that will not be an option for the first timers that are coming, they will have no idea what those events are and that they need to get them months in advance as soon as they are offered.
I would bet that as opening day gets closer or announced that a lot of people will think they can just waltz on down and walk right in to SWGE,,,most of us here know what to expect, it will be overwhelming on a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter