• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney to give employees a 1000 dollar bonus---from CNBC

It is breaking news as confirmed by an official press release from Disney............very cool for all those that work for Disney.
Thank you for reporting this!!

I texted my CM friend, who is like a daughter to me ;), and she quickly searched and posted it on Facebook!

Now, 900 of her closest CM friends now have the info thanks to you!! :yay:

Only those since Jan 1 2018?

I think it just means it isn’t retroactive and probably won’t include anyone who dropped their FT or PT status to “Seasonal” CM.

Iger has sent out an email to all CMs with the details... quite a few minutes after it was reported on CNBC.

Iger has sent out an email to all CMs with the details... quite a few minutes after it was reported on CNBC.

It takes a while for these to go out though, so its very possible they were sent the same time the announcement was made.
Whenever a mass email like this goes out, my coworkers and I never receive them at the same time

While I'm happy for them, and it's better than nothing, I wish they got raises instead. These small one time bonuses appear to just be attempts to create good PR headlines rather than truly rewarding the employees.
While I haven't gotten any such bonus, I did just get an e-mail at work today for something related that will positively impact CMs too long term. We've just been told that with the new tax withholding tables that have come out in response to the recent changes in tax law, we will see a reduction in the amount of taxes withheld starting next month. Disney CMs and most everyone else will see the same thing.

While I'm happy for them, and it's better than nothing, I wish they got raises instead. These small one time bonuses appear to just be attempts to create good PR headlines rather than truly rewarding the employees.

Agree it is about good PR - and "keeping up with the Jones'" as well - and corporations trying to promote a positive spin around the tax change

As for raises, a little tricky for Disney since they have to negotiate with the union so they can't just do it on their own ...

I could see this going two ways
- the bonuses make the CMs feel better about management and are more likely to agree to a deal that is more favorable to Disney
- the union plays hardball and promotes "see! They have money to give to their employees if they wanted to! Now is the time to really push for higher wages!!!!"

While I haven't gotten any such bonus, I did just get an e-mail at work today for something related that will positively impact CMs too long term. We've just been told that with the new tax withholding tables that have come out in response to the recent changes in tax law, we will see a reduction in the amount of taxes withheld starting next month. Disney CMs and most everyone else will see the same thing.

and then there are people like me that work for an international company for whom the tax changes are a negative so we are just hoping their aren't negative impacts from it :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter