• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Very Merriest After Hours Party just announced!

Disneytrippin'

DIS Veteran
Gather Together for Joyous Holiday Fun

The event will run on select nights from Nov. 8 through Dec. 21 Tickets for Disney Very Merriest After Hours go on sale in August. Guests who stay at select Disney Resort hotels will be able to book sooner.

About the event:

Merry music fills the night air. Cinderella Castle is all aglow. Snow falls on Main Street, U.S.A. as Magic Kingdom park brims with excitement.
This Christmas season, join your loved ones and friends at a truly magical holiday festival—Disney Very Merriest After Hours—held during the 50th anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World Resort. Offerings for this new event include Character sightings, fireworks, themed music and decorations, attractions and more.
Spot some favorite Disney friends as they spread their holiday cheer throughout the park. Thrill to Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show, a dazzling fireworks display hosted by Minnie Mouse. Indulge in delicious holiday treats, ice cream, popcorn and bottled beverages—all included with the cost of admission. Delight in some holiday-themed attraction overlays and Cinderella Castle projections. Plus, enjoy Magic Kingdom park for 4 hours after the park closes, and less time waiting in line for attractions!
Disney Very Merriest After Hours will take place from 9:00 PM to 1:00 AM on select nights, from November 8 through December 21, 2021. Tickets will go on sale next month, so continue to check for updates. Event tickets will grant admission to Magic Kingdom park as early as 7:00 PM, giving you time to enjoy even more of your park favorites before the event begins. These dated event tickets do not require an additional day theme park ticket or Disney Park Pass theme park reservation.
Event Highlights
Don’t miss this merriest of evenings, made merrier still when shared with those who brighten your holidays. Highlights include:
  • Character sightings
  • Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show
  • After-hours access to Magic Kingdom park and less time waiting in line for popular attractions
  • Holiday-themed attraction overlays and Cinderella Castle projections
  • Snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A.
  • Holiday treats, ice cream, popcorn and bottled beverages—all included with the cost of admission
  • Themed food and beverages available for purchase
  • Holiday-themed Disney PhotoPass photo opportunities (photos available for purchase)
  • Special lighting, music and more!

Last edited:
God, I've somehow got to get the other half to phone America next month to get our tix! Anyone know the best number to try? We have resort bookings and would qualify for the early buy of tix.

kind of excited for this but wish they would bring back the parade too. it was one of our favourite parts of the christmas party. I really hope they keep the crowd levels under control (hopefully we see that with boo bash to begin with). we love fireworks so will probably go to the xmas after hours even just for that.

Two questions:

1. when specifically will this go on sale?

2. Which resorts are eligible for the advance purchase?

We will be at Riviera from Nov 4-11 on a DVC trip. I assume when they say “select resorts” they mean all deluxe resorts, right?

Two questions:

We will be at Riviera from Nov 4-11 on a DVC trip. I assume when they say “select resorts” they mean all deluxe resorts, right?
we don't know the on sale date yet. they just said next month. as for which resorts are eligible for advance purchase, it usually means all disney world resorts so riviera would fall under this category for sure.

we don't know the on sale date yet. they just said next month. as for which resorts are eligible for advance purchase, it usually means all disney world resorts so riviera would fall under this category for sure.

I read “select resorts.” I guess we will have to just wait and see.

Two questions:

There has only been a general announcement saying next month and to keep checking.

Wish they’d let us know the nights so if needed I can rearrange my park reservations to avoid MK on early shut down party nights & have a better idea of if/which nights EMH at MK for deluxe resort guests might be.
If they follow what they typically do, it is tuesday, fridays and sundays I think. I’m sure they will release the info before tix go on sale

Wish they’d let us know the nights so if needed I can rearrange my park reservations to avoid MK on early shut down party nights & have a better idea of if/which nights EMH at MK for deluxe resort guests might be.

This is an "After Hours" event scheduled to start at 9 PM, so the MK "early shut down" for this event will not be as early as it was for MVMCP, which was 6 PM.

Looking at the "Boo Bash" Park Hours on the web site, MK closes at 9 PM on nights when "Boo Bash" starts at 9:30 PM. This would lead me to predict that MK will be open until at least 8:30 PM if the "Very Merriest" party starts at 9 PM.

I am waiting on news of exact dates with baited breath! We already have our park reservations for Nov 14-18, and we put MK on a Monday hoping the same party days of the week would apply as in years past. If they have Thursday, Nov 18 as a party date, I am going to be SORELY tempted to buy that ticket. We're at EPCOT that day, but it would be so easy to hop over to MK for the party after Harmonious that night.... is the EPCOT to MK Monorail line back up and running again? I thought they had stopped it for awhile because Park Hopping wasn't an option during COVID, but now that park hopping is back, I assume they've brought that back too?

This is an "After Hours" event scheduled to start at 9 PM, so the MK "early shut down" for this event will not be as early as it was for MVMCP, which was 6 PM.

Looking at the "Boo Bash" Park Hours on the web site, MK closes at 9 PM on nights when "Boo Bash" starts at 9:30 PM. This would lead me to predict that MK will be open until at least 8:30 PM if the "Very Merriest" party starts at 9 PM.
You will be able to enter the park earlier at 7 p.m.

When they say "Select resorts", that usually means they are including non-Disney owned resorts like Swan and Dolphin, Shades of Green, maybe Disney Springs hotels?

Interested to see how expensive this will be too - I'm at Disney in early December 2021, so will probably buy tickets to this event at least one night. Hopefully the dates match up too!

If they follow what they typically do, it is tuesday, fridays and sundays I think. I’m sure they will release the info before tix go on sale
But they start on a Monday, and the pattern for Boo Bash was random where some weeks only 1 party due to 50th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter