Disney Very Merriest After Hours Party just announced!

How in the heck do they get all the day guests out? Obviously you couldn't ride anything or get free treats, but what is stopping people from hanging out and watching the fireworks and parades?!?
They herd everyone to the front unless you already have a wristband from early entry. If you have tickets they will have you re enter at a different checkpoint to get your wristband. You have to show your wristband if you don't want to be directed to the front gates out of the park. A lot of people with party tickets won't waste a day ticket for Magic Kingdom and opt to just go for the party.

They herd everyone to the front unless you already have a wristband from early entry. If you have tickets they will have you re enter at a different checkpoint to get your wristband. You have to show your wristband if you don't want to be directed to the front gates out of the park. A lot of people with party tickets won't waste a day ticket for Magic Kingdom and opt to just go for the party.
Sounds like a lot of chaos and crowds on Main St during and after the fireworks at park 'closing'. Party folks entering for the evening, day guests heading out. But I guess it all works out eventually!

I have never know WDW,( Dland yes, ) to handle it this way..
Around 6:00 Cm Start passing out wrist bands. 30-60 minutes before start of party , CM are looking for bands. You can NOT get on a ride or stay pass main street.

They're pretty efficient at looking for the wristbands and slowly moving people out of the park who don't have a wristband. I even have heard of people who were in a restroom that have gotten asked to show their wristband upon exiting. They're nice about it, but firm that the park is closed and you must leave.

Around 6:00 Cm Start passing out wrist bands. 30-60 minutes before start of party , CM are looking for bands. You can NOT get on a ride or stay pass main street.
Thats exactly how they handle it. Did you mean to comment on someone else's post?

Sounds like a lot of chaos and crowds on Main St during and after the fireworks at park 'closing'. Party folks entering for the evening, day guests heading out. But I guess it all works out eventually!
Well, its actually pretty efficient. The checkpoint to enter the partyis actually through a gate off of mainstreet so there isn't a cluster of people coming in while people are going out.

Was just coming to see if I could find info on this and whether it's worth it to try to hang out to catch a the shows with a regular park ticket, lucky for me it was on the last page, which was my starting point 🤣. As much as I would love to get away that easy, I'm glad to hear they are really proactive at getting everyone out.

Watching the first party on a live stream tonight - I know it is expensive, but they have added so many more things versus Boo Bash and the crowd levels seem pretty low (tonight sold out) - having the full parade, a fireworks show and a stage show makes it feel more complete.

I'm excited to go!

I also watched the parade through a live stream tonight, and I compared with a Christmas party parade live streamed in 2019. The segment with the soldier toys featured about 8 soldiers tonight whereas I counted 22 in the 2019 video. While it is good to have the parade back, it seems downsized from the last one!

I also watched the parade through a live stream tonight, and I compared with a Christmas party parade live streamed in 2019. The segment with the soldier toys featured about 8 soldiers tonight whereas I counted 22 in the 2019 video. While it is good to have the parade back, it seems downsized from the last one!

Just saw the Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime fireworks, someone was also saying they had less fireworks than in 2019 - I didn't notice it, but I wasn't trying to analyze it.

I'll take a slightly scaled down parade and a few less fireworks versus nothing though! :)

Has anyone seen the mickey shaped sippers that look like giant Xmas tree baubles that light up and the glow cubes yet? Really hoping they will come back for my trip next month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter