Disney vs. Voyager of the Seas

Rita, thanks for the reply. My DD's are also very social, but its me.

If I did do RC, I would bring the 2 way radios or my Dh's beeper.
Thanks for the tip.

Mac.tlc...if You have a comparison, can you post it please, would Love to see it.

WestJones...if you find a website like that please let us know.

Thanks all
Joanna

Mjasp,

If you want to get pricing info you can always check expedia, or any other online travel agency. Most will quote over the internet.

I did a price comparison just to see the difference.

I priced out Explorer of the Seas and the Magic for two different dates. Here is what I came up with on Expedia.

I priced out a balcony stateroom for 4 for each ship, Category D8 for Explorer and Category 6 for magic.

November 8, 2003 - Explorer for 4 is $2796
Magic for 4 is $5036

March 13, 2004 Explorer for 4 is $3856
Magic for 4 is $5976

I went to staterooms.com and compared the sizes of staterooms. a Category 6 on the Magic is 268 sq ft, but that includes the balcony which is 54 sq ft, so the actual stateroom is 214 sq. ft.

A category D8 on the Explorer is listed at 188 sq ft with a 50 sq. ft balcony.

Which means the explorer room is 26 sq ft smaller, but with only one bathroom, which makes the actual living space about the same as the Magic cabin (of course you lose the split bath though).

I personally love the RCCL cruises. I haven't tried the kids program yet, because we have never taken the kids on those trips, but will in 2005. (Our next cruise is without kids).

Hope this helps.

I went on a western caribbean cruise this past Feb. , President's Week on the Carnival Victory. The only thing I missed between DCL and Carnival was Castaway Cay.

My 6 & 9 year olds enjoyed Camp Carnival much better than DCL. And I have to agree about the pools. On DCL I never even got into the pool because it was too crowded. On Carnival I was in the pool everyday and the ship was full.

I will sail DCL again just because I love the ship and the whole experience. But I think the next cruise will be Voyager :sunny:

mjasp, (and others)

My comparison of DCL and RCCL's Voyager class vessels is on my web site ,

www.new-horizons-travel.com

Includes comments on staterooms, sizes, numbers, food, activities, service, embarkation, kids programs, etc.

We have sailed on both , so its our personal feelings ...

Happy surfing -- hope it is useful info.

mac_tlc

Mac-Tlc...Thanks! very informative. I really loved our Disney cruise, BUT with RCCL you can travel on the school breaks for a reasonable price. Something that is starting to interest me as DD gets in the higher grades.

Thanks
Joanna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter