Disney Wall Art Swap--Interest Thread

Just putting my 2 cents in....I'm really excited for this swap! I'd be ok with any ole color scheme or having something specific but it's summer vacation, so no math for me. :upsidedow

I like using the color scheme. I agree with Buffy, there are so many shades of colors to be used for every park.

Can't wait to get started, I know exactly where these are going!!!

Right now my problem is narrowing down what I want to do for colors and themes.
I can't decide!!! There are sooooo many great choices out there.

Do we still want sign ups tomorrow? If so, I need to get some ideas solidified from everyone. I will be gone until about 4pm today. morning ladies Bible study group, church, family reunion, welcome home open house for a soldier. After that, I will be camped out here at my computer typing up all the sign up info. I can until I'm finished.

I think our ROY G BIV plan will work for DHS, MK, AK--with more brown/black/muted tones. What about Epcot? I don't know what to do about that park? Exclude the flags and just do architectural or interest items for countries? (The flags colors could be overpowering and some difficult to make). I can't see not including W.S. at all...I just don't know how. What about characters for Epcot? yea or nay? I'm thinking nay except for figment. We need another purple though in that case. He could be switched to the yellow row for shirt. Then we can add more silver or add another row of black to the top left corner. Epcot Future world looks all silver--but the inside attractions are not.:confused3

I am definately in for all 5 boards. Depending on when sign-ups are I may need a sign up buddy as we are leaving Thursday.

Do we still want sign ups tomorrow? If so, I need to get some ideas solidified from everyone. I will be gone until about 4pm today. morning ladies Bible study group, church, family reunion, welcome home open house for a soldier. After that, I will be camped out here at my computer typing up all the sign up info. I can until I'm finished.

I think our ROY G BIV plan will work for DHS, MK, AK--with more brown/black/muted tones. What about Epcot? I don't know what to do about that park? Exclude the flags and just do architectural or interest items for countries? (The flags colors could be overpowering and some difficult to make). I can't see not including W.S. at all...I just don't know how. What about characters for Epcot? yea or nay? I'm thinking nay except for figment. We need another purple though in that case. He could be switched to the yellow row for shirt. Then we can add more silver or add another row of black to the top left corner. Epcot Future world looks all silver--but the inside attractions are not.:confused3

I think we should wait until Tuesday so we can solidify theme ideas for each color.
I would skip the characters for Epcot because there is just so much to cover attraction wise.

If anyone wants to brainstorm colors let me know what you have, then we can categorize like we did the characters.

Traci, if you want to make a sign up thread do that, Just put in your title "Not open yet" then I can add the color categories if you don't.

Tuesday is going to be a really busy and stressful day for me. I'm having a thyroid biopsy done.:scared: I'd rather do sign ups Monday if we can pull it together. Otherwise we'll have to see how I feel for holding sign ups Tuesday night or Wed. morning. Should be possible, but I hate to announce that is when sign ups are and I just can't hold to it. Ya know? Honestly, I would rather have all the sign up work behind me before Tuesday. It keeps me busy so I can't think about what the next day holds and I can relax and breathe easier knowing the bulk of everyone signing up is good to go. Make sense? If we can't pull things together for Monday sign ups that is okay...but if I can get a bunch typed up tonight and people check back this evening to let me know their thoughts/changes/additions then that would be awesome. I just jumped on here real quick now, but I'll be back home by 4pm EST today to start tackling this.

If we can pull it together, I would love sign-ups to be tomorrow too, because my summer is ending during this week : ) I am fine with whatever and want to do all 5 boards. I do like the color schemes : ) I like the rustic color ideas for AK. I like the ideas of the various colors on the white canvas. If we use a lot of creams/whites, the mickey heads will blend in and be difficult to see. So color is good!

ETA: Most people would think sign-ups are tomorrow already because that is what the first post says. So if they don't check back, they would just assume they are the 6th like scheduled probably?? If the list prove to take too much time to tackle to have sign-ups tomorrow, then they will discover tomorrow morning when they come to sign-up that it has been delayed. No biggie!! Take care of your self first : ) Hope all goes well.

I definitely want in the swap but with my mom arriving tonight and leaving Tuesday I won't be able to even think about what I would do until then. I did however pick up my canvases this weekend.

Rebecca

Here is what I thought of for Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios

AK

Green
Tree of Life
Oasis
Rafiki's Planet Watch
Kilamanjaro

Red
Expedition Everest
Asia

Orange
Kali River Rapids
Finding Nemo
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Festival of the Lion King

Yellow
Flights of Wonder
Dinorama
Dinosaur
Dinoland

Blue
It's tough to be a bug
Triteratops spin

Black
Pangani Forest Trail

Brown
camp mickey minnie
Africa

HS

Green
Muppets
Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Blue
American Idol
Fantasmic
Lights, Motor, Action
Disney Animation
One Man's Dream
Sorcerer's Hat

Red
Backlot Tour
Great Movie Ride
Rock n Roller Coaster

Yellow
Beauty and the Beast
Toy Story Mania

Black
Tower of Terror
Star Tours

This was off the top of my head, I am sure I missed things.

Traci it is entirely up to you what you want to do.

We can make Monday work.

Rebecca, if you have an ideas for colors let me or Traci know, I'm sure we can figure something out.

I'm up for tomorrow, Traci, but only if it doesn't stress you out! Good luck with the biopsy. My thyroid is under-active, so I didn't have to deal with that, will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

I posted a spreadsheet that anyone can edit with this link. I work better this way, but obviously, it may not work for everyone...

I've got the general theme down, along with AK, and DHS. Working on Sheila's Epcot post now to see if I can break them down by color.

I posted a spreadsheet that anyone can edit with this link. I work better this way, but obviously, it may not work for everyone...

I've got the general theme down, along with AK, and DHS. Working on Sheila's Epcot post now to see if I can break them down by color.

You are a SAINT! I typed my stupid swap description out twice and lost it because I was logged out due to time I guess. I am beyond mad! So much wasted time having to re-do my work. I will get back on here after dinner to finish up. Promise it will be all ready for tomorrow 10am--even if I'm up all night long.

You are a SAINT! I typed my stupid swap description out twice and lost it because I was logged out due to time I guess. I am beyond mad! So much wasted time having to re-do my work. I will get back on here after dinner to finish up. Promise it will be all ready for tomorrow 10am--even if I'm up all night long.

So frustrating!! I started typing long responses in word and then copy/paste. Sorry that happened :hug:

You ladies are amazing!

Traci, you are doing a great job!

Jennifer, your list is wonderful! I'm looking at your google doc; if I think of anything that I don't see on there, I'll put it in am empty column with a color suggestion if I can think of one. I'm studying maps now :)

I will probably be late in signing up. Mom's surgery is at 8am and I imagine she'll be in recovery at 10 and the hospital is a few hrs from my house. I'll be signing up in the evening unless someone wants to volunteer as a sign up buddy? :flower3: (Not that I know what I want to sign up for yet...:rolleyes1)

You ladies are amazing!

Traci, you are doing a great job!

Jennifer, your list is wonderful! I'm looking at your google doc; if I think of anything that I don't see on there, I'll put it in am empty column with a color suggestion if I can think of one. I'm studying maps now :)

I will probably be late in signing up. Mom's surgery is at 8am and I imagine she'll be in recovery at 10 and the hospital is a few hrs from my house. I'll be signing up in the evening unless someone wants to volunteer as a sign up buddy? :flower3: (Not that I know what I want to sign up for yet...:rolleyes1)

Feel free to put them where you want, color wise. I assume Traci will move things to where she wants them.

Of all the days for me to get to go into work late! My boss asked me to reserve the pass for Plimouth Plantation from my library and they don't open until 9:00. I *should* be at my desk by 10:00, maybe I'll get my coffee BEFORE I go to the library to take out some time!

Glad to help Traci, I work better in a linear way, so I'm glad my craziness helps you out ;)

Traci, trying to keep your other thread pretty - I noticed you have it as 18 heads and 1 word. That will change the math, unless you are just doing the words to do the words and not as a 19th swapper. Does that make ANY sense? :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter