Disney Wonder Alaska June 6-13, 2016

tyarbrough

Earning My Ears
Hello from Nashville, Tennessee!

With just over a year until our cruise, I thought I would start a Cruise Meet thread for the June 6-13, 2016 Disney Wonder Alaskan cruise.

We are doing a three generation girl's cruise. This is my mother's 2nd cruise and the third Disney cruise for myself and my daughter (age 14 during cruise). Our guys are staying home this time, and I'm confident they are going to miss out on a beautiful adventure.

Our other Disney cruises have been Christmas in the Caribbean. While we loved the Dream and the Fantasy, this will be our first cruise on the Wonder and we're excited to try one of the smaller ships.

Please introduce yourself! We have attended meet-ups, but we've never participated in Fish Extenders. Is there anyone that would like to spearhead FE's? We might just participate this time!

Best,
Tanya

If you haven't already, please post a link to your thread in the 2016 Wonder Cruise Meets thread at the top of the Cruise Meets board. That way, Irish Cowboy can add your thread to the list so that other cruisers can find your thread and join in. :)

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Good Morning, I am Lynn, I am cruising with my husband Scott. This will be our second cruise to Alaska, we are joining some other friends. Looking forward to meeting all of you who sign up here!

Tanya, we like the "classic" ships (Wonder and Magic) better than the new ones, they are more intimate. You will not get lost as easily. The guys will really be missing out, Alaska is a beautiful place. We have not done fish extender gifts lately, although it is great for the kids, there is so much extra (but really nice) stuff to haul back home. As we get more folks on here, I am sure there will be many interested in Fish Extenders. Have a great day and happy cruise planning!

Hi Tanya and Lynn,

This will be my husband's and my 3rd cruise, our kids' 2nd, and my in-laws' 1st. We just got back from a 4-night Bahaman cruise on the Disney Dream, and our previous cruise was also on the Dream. We've never been to Alaska, and we're really looking forward to this! Our sons will be 16 and 13, and our daughter will be turning 7 during the cruise.

Melissa

Hi Melissa, welcome to the cruise thread! You will enjoy this cruise, Alaska was one of our favorite cruises.

Good Morning Cruisers! Did you all have a good weekend? It has been cool but very nice here in Wyoming, we should get summer again in a few days when temps will hit 80-90F. Has anyone started their trip planning? We had house guests of the folks we are cruising with for the weekend, so we spent some time discussing our touring plans. We are definitely excited about this trip. Have a great week all!

Welcome to the group! No one has started a roll call list yet that I know of, we are just posting for now.

Hi everyone! We are joining you on this cruise!! Traveling is me (Hope), my husband, daughter (9), and my parents. This will be our first time to alaska but our 10th cruise unless I can squeeze in a short one beforehand so we can be platinum on this one!!

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there!

I am joining this cruise forum discussion board. Just made my reservations last night/today to sail on the Wonder 6/6/16-6/13/16. Travelling solo. Second Disney Cruise and first Alaskan cruise. Please add me to your list. Interested in doing fish extenders.

Cliff

Last edited:
Hi all. My wife (Penny) and I (Nick) on our 15th Disney Cruise, first time to Alaska. We might be the senior senior citizens as we are both in our mid 70's. We plane on being very active if our old bodies will let us. Penny say we have to go dog sledding so we are going to do it in Juneau. Hopefully the weather will be good. We are also taking a flight seeing tour to Glacier Bay from Stagway as weill as train in AM.

Good Morning Cruisers! Did you all have a good weekend? It has been cool but very nice here in Wyoming, we should get summer again in a few days when temps will hit 80-90F. Has anyone started their trip planning? We had house guests of the folks we are cruising with for the weekend, so we spent some time discussing our touring plans. We are definitely excited about this trip. Have a great week all!
Hi Lynn,

I'm starting to plan. Planning is a big part of the fun for me. I'm listing out the possible activities at each port and ranking them with my mother and daughter. I bought new rain boots, too.

I'm so excited even though it still feels like forever until we cruise.

Happy 4th!
Tanya

Hi everyone! We are joining you on this cruise!! Traveling is me (Hope), my husband, daughter (9), and my parents. This will be our first time to alaska but our 10th cruise unless I can squeeze in a short one beforehand so we can be platinum on this one!!
Welcome Hope and family! Ten cruises!!! That is impressive!

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there!

I am joining this cruise forum discussion board. Just made my reservations last night/today to sail on the Wonder 6/6/16-6/13/16. Travelling solo. Second Disney Cruise and first Alaskan cruise. Please add me to your list. Interested in doing fish extenders.

Cliff
Welcome Cliff. We don't have a list going yet for the group or Fish Extenders. I'm not up on the rules for how the lists work (our last group used Facebook, which is now a no-no.). I do love an excel spreadsheet though - so let me do a little research and then I'll be happy to spearhead a group "directory." We haven't done FE's before, so if someone wants to be the FE champaign, I'll gladly help with tracking. I just don't want to come up with the rules.

Hi all. My wife (Penny) and I (Nick) on our 15th Disney Cruise, first time to Alaska. We might be the senior senior citizens as we are both in our mid 70's. We plane on being very active if our old bodies will let us. Penny say we have to go dog sledding so we are going to do it in Juneau. Hopefully the weather will be good. We are also taking a flight seeing tour to Glacier Bay from Stagway as weill as train in AM.
Welcome Penny and Nick! Can't wait to hear about your adventures! My mother (late 60's) is traveling with me and my teenage daughter. I'm trying to talk her into kayaking with us, so I'll definitely be telling her that you guys are dogsledding! My husband and I went dogsleding in Banff, CA several years ago and it ranks among my top 10 adventures for sure! Enjoy your cruise!
~Tanya

Welcome Cliff. We don't have a list going yet for the group or Fish Extenders. I'm not up on the rules for how the lists work (our last group used Facebook, which is now a no-no.). I do love an excel spreadsheet though - so let me do a little research and then I'll be happy to spearhead a group "directory." We haven't done FE's before, so if someone wants to be the FE champaign, I'll gladly help with tracking. I just don't want to come up with the rules.

Thanks for the welcome. I guess it's pretty obvious this is the group for DCL Alaskan Cruise June 6-13, 2016. I have only been on one DCL cruise before and it was my first cruise ever. I did participate in Fish Extenders and found it fun to discover some goodies in my FE whenever I returned to my cabin. (Think Christmas stockings/secret Santa). We had a list of people's names and number in their group, cabin number, and any children's ages and genders. I did my gifts everyday but it was a 3 night cruise and there were only 5-7 of us participating. Items varied from home-made magnets, to Disney pins, candy & sweets, stickers, etc. nothing too expensive. Mine was a small Winnie the Pooh cloth gift bag since I travel solo. But some people had really creative bags with pockets for each member of their party. I am willing to help champion the Fish Extenders. I think the "rules" will develop as we approach our cruise and know more about who is participating. 338 days and counting!

Hi All!

Excited to be joining in the conversation! :) It'll be my husband and I cruising this time - second time cruising with Disney but first time for Alaska! I'm very excited.

I'm sad to see that FB directing is against the rules now as my last cruise did this and it made finding fellow DIS members a lot easier in person. But I digress... I'll keep following this board for when the FE List is made! We'll definitely want to join.

Hi All!

Excited to be joining in the conversation! :) It'll be my husband and I cruising this time - second time cruising with Disney but first time for Alaska! I'm very excited.

I'm sad to see that FB directing is against the rules now as my last cruise did this and it made finding fellow DIS members a lot easier in person. But I digress... I'll keep following this board for when the FE List is made! We'll definitely want to join.

:welcome: I think I am the one spearheading the fish extenders (FE) and Tanya is spearheading the list for this group's directory (I hope I did not just "volunteer" her?)
Today is the 60th anniversary of the opening of Disneyland and we are only 324 days away from our Alaskan cruise! :sail: You and your husband will make our FE group up to 4 staterooms. As we get closer to the cruise, I will send out more information about it but for now you (and anyone else) might want to check out this link:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter