• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder Alaska June 6-13, 2016

I've been counting down since the 300's, it's hard to believe there's only 103 days left till our
Disney Wonder June 6, 2016 Alaska Cruise
:hourglass

We are first time cruisers, DCL or otherwise, and we're super excited for this trip. My husband and I are traveling with our daughters (6 and 7.5), and both sets of grandparents. I'm a planner and am trying to learn as much as I can in advance, but any tips are greatly appreciated! Trying to prioritize excursions now so we can be ready to book (I'm not brave enough to book privately since this is our first time), and then trying to make sure we get Palo reservations, too. So much to consider! We'd love to do the fish extender as well, although would love to learn more about it (how many nights, range of ideas, etc). Thanks!

Goodmorning, my husband and I are going for the first time to Alaska! We live in the Netherlands, but visit often Orlando with the kids. This time we are just with the two of us. We are really looking forward and hope to enjoy the cruise. We like to join with the fish extender, if possible.

I would like to plan an open bar event and wondering who else would be interested! There are two types a premium ($13.25) and a signature ($18.50). Attached is what they would serve at each of these. I would like to limit it to 30 people but if there's more interest then maybe do two. How it works is that I would need to get payment ahead of time and we wouldn't know day of event until 4-3 weeks before cruise. If you are interested please comment below with which one you'd prefer (signature or premium) and how many people. If you have any questions let me know! Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 4

I would like to plan an open bar event and wondering who else would be interested! There are two types a premium ($13.25) and a signature ($18.50). Attached is what they would serve at each of these. I would like to limit it to 30 people but if there's more interest then maybe do two. How it works is that I would need to get payment ahead of time and we wouldn't know day of event until 4-3 weeks before cruise. If you are interested please comment below with which one you'd prefer (signature or premium) and how many people. If you have any questions let me know! Thanks!
that looks fun

Anyone else able to complete their online check-in for first-time cruisers? I was able to book Palo and excursions, but I can't seem to get to the online check in. Any ideas from the veterans? Thanks!

Greetings fellow Diz Alaska Wonder June 6 cruisers! Only 53 days left until Bon Voyage!!! Question - Is anyone else flying into Seattle and traveling from there to the dock in Vancouver? DW and I will be using the Seattle light rail to get to the Amtrak station downtown (dragging luggage :() and taking the rail up to Vancouver. The cost difference between flying into Seattle vs. Vancouver was too attractive to pass up. Anyone doing something similar? There's strength in numbers!!! We could team up. If not, any pointers from veterans of this itinerary??

:simba:
Greetings fellow Diz Alaska Wonder June 6 cruisers! Only 53 days left until Bon Voyage!!! Question - Is anyone else flying into Seattle and traveling from there to the dock in Vancouver? DW and I will be using the Seattle light rail to get to the Amtrak station downtown (dragging luggage :() and taking the rail up to Vancouver. The cost difference between flying into Seattle vs. Vancouver was too attractive to pass up. Anyone doing something similar? There's strength in numbers!!! We could team up. If not, any pointers from veterans of this itinerary??

Hello!:wave:

Flying into Vancouver was cost prohibitive for us :faint:

We (Or I :rolleyes1) decided on flying to Seattle, then boarding Amtrak for Vancouver the next day.
From Vancouver Amtrak, you can get a Skytrain daypass for about $15 CAD (11 USD)/pp, or taxi to downtown Vancouver for about $10 USD, depending on traffic. It's about a 10 minute ride by taxi, 30 minute by light rail (Skytrain).

We're staying in Vancouver for a couple of days:boat:

We are doing the same, have not done it before but we thought the train trip would be fun.

Hi there!

I'm new to the group and this will be my first ever cruise! Traveling with my parents (their first cruise too) so it's just three adults in the group.

Just booked the cruise last night so playing catch-up and a little overwhelmed! Just requested to join the Private group page and next I'm looking into the fish extender idea. So much to learn and only 42 days to do it! o_O

Overwhelmed, but so excited! :yay:

Last edited:
We are first time cruisers, DCL or otherwise, and we're super excited for this trip. My husband and I are traveling with our daughters (6 and 7.5), and both sets of grandparents. I'm a planner and am trying to learn as much as I can in advance, but any tips are greatly appreciated! Trying to prioritize excursions now so we can be ready to book (I'm not brave enough to book privately since this is our first time), and then trying to make sure we get Palo reservations, too. So much to consider! We'd love to do the fish extender as well, although would love to learn more about it (how many nights, range of ideas, etc). Thanks!
Did you get any answers to the your questions I might be to late to offer advice but if not let me know.

Hi there!

I'm new to the group and this will be my first ever cruise! Traveling with my parents (their first cruise too) so it's just three adults in the group.

Just booked the cruise last night so playing catch-up and a little overwhelmed! Just requested to join the Private group page and next I'm looking into the fish extender idea. So much to learn and only 42 days to do it! o_O

Good Luck with your plans...you still have plenty of time.

Hi there!

Here is the link to the Fish Extender list. If you have not been added yet, we can add you to the 2nd Chance FE Group List. Let me know if you are still interested. Or if I added you to the official list over on FB.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-wonder-alaskan-cruise-6-6-2016-fish-extenders-group.3430893/

Okay, ONE MONTH UNTIL OUR DCL WONDER ALASKAN VACATION! :dancer:
Anyone want to do a Meet and Greet? Let's figure out a time and place, so we can put faces to names.

Greetings, My entire family (about 30 of us) are going on this cruise. My husband and I are traveling with small children (4 & 5). Anyone else with little ones?
Eve T., Atlanta, GA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter