Disney Wonder Dry Dock Watch - 11/10 Wonder departs on first cruise out of Galveston

Has there been actual confirmation that the new concierge lounge and sun deck took over the entire upper area of the cove cafe or did they split it?

Did you eat at AP twice, and get both menus? I believe the yummy beef with wasabi mashed potatoes is from the first night in AP with Sorcerer Mickey. Hope it is still there - one of my favorites, too!
We ate there only once. Last night. The repeat was nights 2 & 3.

There is a thread with a report from the first cruise. Wanted to link to the other thread here, so that anyone can find it easily:

Back from 11/10 Wonder - a few notes and thoughts

Also, I am currently very busy, but should have some down time around the holidays. I am planning to clean up the first post then with all the info that now has come to light and link to any more reports and such. With that I hope that the first post will be a good placed to go in future as a source when people ask what has been changed on the Wonder.

From stuff I have seen around the internet there is also now a fully digital Shutters on the Wonder by the way.

@AquaDame if you feel that it is time to unsticky this thread, I am fine with this! But maybe it is worth it to leave it up there a little longer?

From stuff I have seen around the internet there is also now a fully digital Shutters on the Wonder by the way.

I saw a photo that made it look like that. I was hoping that the opposite side of Shutters still had the books. We take advantage of lots of photo ops with our youngest and prepurchase the disc and the photos. I wonder if they even still have printing as an option. I actually miss the old setup with all the photos displayed. It was fun to wander through and see everyone. I know it was a complete waste, but it always made me happy. :)

@Flossbolna, Shutters IS fully digital now. I think it's a good move. I can't imagine all the waste from prints not purchased! Not just the ink & paper but also the amount of waste to be disposed of.

We are just off the first cruise. I would be happy to answer any questions. Overall, I thought the changes were perfect. I absolutely loved Tiana's Place and the new Frozen show. I predict this will become a new favorite ship for some with these additions.

Like most things Frozen, and especially because it was only an hour, while the Frozen show on the Wonder followed the movie faithfully, it doesn't stand alone.

If you didn't already know the story, I suspect it'd be difficult to follow.

But who, on a DCL trip, doesn't already know the story?

My review: Absolutely Phenomenal.

Get in line early. For our 8:30 show, they opened doors at 8:05 and the crowd waiting was more than enough to fill seats. By 8:10, auditorium was full.

It snows in first several rows, 12 or so, so if that's important be there even earlier.

View attachment 206379

I really appreciate that information. My MIL and FIL are supposed to come home to watch a few Disney movies before our Land and Sea trip in order to know what the attractions are about. I will definitely put Frozen in the lot of movies we are going to watch.

My questions to those who cruised is:

1) How was the food? (in the dining rooms)

2) Was Palo brunch available on the 3 nights cruise? If it was, was it on Nassau Day?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

2) Was Palo brunch available on the 3 nights cruise? If it was, was it on Nassau Day?

Thanks in advance.

I can't answer the Palo question, but I thought the dinner food was great in the dining rooms. Animator's Palate was my least-favorite in that my dinner was a little bland, but in Triton's and Tiana's Place--ESPECIALLY Tiana's Place--the food was great. The beignets at Tiana's Place were amazing. Lunch at Triton's was a let-down though. Aside from it taking an hour and a half, the food was just meh. We stuck with Cabanas for lunch after that.

Thanks in advance.
The first cruise was a 4 night that only went to Cozumel. No clue how 3 nights would work.

The food was okay in the MDRs. It's cruise food made for the masses so it's not something I'd say is fabulous or otherwise noteworthy.

At Tiana's the boudin fritters (balls, those are boudin balls but they call them fritters) were pretty good. We like more bite but I think they did good for preparing for the masses. The entrees were pretty ordinary. Nothing exceptional. I had the chicken w/greens and cornbread dressing. The chicken was moist with a slight dusting of seasoning. The cornbread dressing was a nope. And the greens needed a lot more time with some salt pork. We did try the jambalaya that is a side dish with one entree. We prefer a roux-base vs the red-base. Cajun vs creole. The jambalaya was bland and pretty sadly overlooked. It was like gooey tomatoe rice. If you threw it on a plate with an enchilada it could've easily gone that direction, too. Yuck yuck yuck. The beignets were pretty good! We enjoyed them. They're very light which is nice. Pleasant. Naturally they aren't Cafe DuMonde-good but we weren't expecting them to be. They're surely better than what you get at POFQ. My sons called those school cafeteria begneits (and wouldn't eat them). The doberge cake was also pretty well done. I was surprised. The bread pudding was a solid no for me. Just all kinds of bland no.

Tritons I think I had a double pear salad with a lighter note steak. I wasn't impressed by the menu.

Animators they didn't have the beef with wasabi mashed potatoes. Sadness. I think I had lamb. It was okay. Nothing to write home about.

Pretty sure I had Mickey bars for desserts in Tritons & Animators. The various flavors of gelatinous desserts just don't interest me anymore.

Palo was fabulous for dinner and brunch. If you do brunch, try the new Palo Bloody Mary! That bad boy was awesome!

***edit***
If DCL sees this....seriously fellas.....get in touch with me. My mister could seriously school y'all on the jambalaya. You'll have folks beating down the doors begging for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter