Disney Wonder Dry Dock Watch - 11/10 Wonder departs on first cruise out of Galveston

I think a little longer wouldn't be a bad idea - if I recall they did a 4-night on the 11th and she is now on her first 7-night sailing.
no, it's another 4 night Tracy Mac is on her grand prize cruise that I entered for every day for months, perhaps on the 18th it will start a 7 night?

Patiently waiting to see Vibe photos as well!!
I'm curious about this as well. When we sailed on the reimagined Magic in 2015 my son was really disappointed that Vibe looked basically like it did on the Wonder when we sailed in 2012. I don't think they changed much at all, which I found really odd considering how much they had changed throughout the ship. He said it was a let down after being on the Fantasy and enjoying the Vibe space there. Our son has aged out of the youth programs now, but hopefully DCL gave the teens some love and spruced up Vibe on the Wonder.

My daughter was looking at new Vibe pics. It looks like arcade games were added. I guess where the arcade closed they had games to put in there.

I noticed on photos both during and post dry dock there is a spire that comes off the rear funnel, in some of the shots during the dry dock it's gone but later on it is back, can any of our ship experts here satisfy my curiosity and tell me what is it and what it's function is for? It's just one of those weird things I notice about the ships, the differences and it has been nagging at me for some time now. TIA!

We are just off the first cruise. I would be happy to answer any questions. Overall, I thought the changes were perfect. I absolutely loved Tiana's Place and the new Frozen show. I predict this will become a new favorite ship for some with these additions.

Hello. I am glad to hear the changes were perfect. I have a quick question, we will be on the Wonder in three weeks and trying to decide what time to get to the port. Do you recall when they started to let people on the ship? Thanks for your help.

no, it's another 4 night Tracy Mac is on her grand prize cruise that I entered for every day for months, perhaps on the 18th it will start a 7 night?
Has this really been confirmed? The shorter cruises have only been doing the Drawn to the Magic show, not the original that would have that menu.

Has this really been confirmed? The shorter cruises have only been doing the Drawn to the Magic show, not the original that would have that menu.
The speculation is the short cruises are running the Drawn to the Magic show due to the large numbers of travel industry/PR people onboard for these first couple of cruises.

I don't think it'll be the norm, once the Wonder's "regular" cruises begin.

The speculation is the short cruises are running the Drawn to the Magic show due to the large numbers of travel industry/PR people onboard for these first couple of cruises.

I don't think it'll be the norm, once the Wonder's "regular" cruises begin.
I agree. I would be VERY surprised if those items were taken off the other AP menu.

The concierge guest boarded around 1130. Followed by everyone else at 1145. This was for the Nov 10 sailing.

Hello. I am glad to hear the changes were perfect. I have a quick question, we will be on the Wonder in three weeks and trying to decide what time to get to the port. Do you recall when they started to let people on the ship? Thanks for your help.
They let us into the check-in area at 10:35, on the ship around 11:30 (Boarding Group 1). HTH

Hello everyone! I got back late last night from our amazing trip on the Disney Wonder. I have to say, it was pretty amazing!! Now, keep in mind that I have nothing to compare it to. But the whole experience was truly a great adventure.

Not only did we win the trip but we were fortunate enough to be chosen as family of the day!! I didn't know that Disney did that. When we were checking in at the port, the CM helping us said that he needed to get his supervisor. I was nervous, thinking the worst (as I always do.) Then the supervisor said that she has something special for us and let us know that we were family of the day. We were so blessed and appreciative. It was truly a magical experience!

Like I said, I don't have any other cruises to compare with and I don't know how the food is supposed to be but everything was great to us and the service was better than I thought it would be. Rolly and Suzana were our servers and they were excellent. I also don't know what the menu was before but I was pretty happy with the selection.

My DD, 17, likes to draw and she drew/painted a picture of Remy and Gusteau and gave it to the chef. He came out to see us every evening for dinner and even made my DD some extra food to try. He was a wonderful person and it made my DD so happy. She also drew a picture of Jack Sparrow and had him sign it. I will try to post some pics in the next couple days. I was to busy napping and unpacking today. LOL

We didn't take advantage of the adult venues on the ship but wish we had done more. I think we are just to old and tired, lol. We are seriously considering an Alaskan Cruise in the future, just not sure when.

Hello everyone! I got back late last night from our amazing trip on the Disney Wonder. I have to say, it was pretty amazing!! Now, keep in mind that I have nothing to compare it to. But the whole experience was truly a great adventure.

Not only did we win the trip but we were fortunate enough to be chosen as family of the day!! I didn't know that Disney did that. When we were checking in at the port, the CM helping us said that he needed to get his supervisor. I was nervous, thinking the worst (as I always do.) Then the supervisor said that she has something special for us and let us know that we were family of the day. We were so blessed and appreciative. It was truly a magical experience!

Like I said, I don't have any other cruises to compare with and I don't know how the food is supposed to be but everything was great to us and the service was better than I thought it would be. Rolly and Suzana were our servers and they were excellent. I also don't know what the menu was before but I was pretty happy with the selection.

My DD, 17, likes to draw and she drew/painted a picture of Remy and Gusteau and gave it to the chef. He came out to see us every evening for dinner and even made my DD some extra food to try. He was a wonderful person and it made my DD so happy. She also drew a picture of Jack Sparrow and had him sign it. I will try to post some pics in the next couple days. I was to busy napping and unpacking today. LOL

We didn't take advantage of the adult venues on the ship but wish we had done more. I think we are just to old and tired, lol. We are seriously considering an Alaskan Cruise in the future, just not sure when.
I'm probably going on the first cruise of 2018, you should go then =)

So glad to hear you had a wonderful cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter