Disney Wonder Hawaii Sept. 2015

goofynut41 said:
What is the best way to book this cruise? Internet or On the phone with a person? Does anybody have a guess as of the cost?:sad2:

If you are gold or platinum, phone. If silver or first time, the internet. Internet was up for bookings before the phones were open last time.

This is disappointing. Was hoping for RT from LA or SD. I hope the speculation is wrong.

I feel these cruises won't sell well then DCL will not rebook Hawaii or West Coast.

I agree with the other Prior Post that it would not hurt to do a few MR Cruises while the Wonder is out here. A few limited sailings would sell well versus trying to do a whole season.

Consistency is what will win the west coast over (even new markets in general). Even if they sail from this side in 2015 we are out - I chose my trips for next year long ago. If they STAY I could plan for it, but they don't seem to do that given the MR cruises and pulling out of Galveston/ not going back to NY or Canada, etc. We're finally hitting up Alaska in early June on the Wonder, a route they started in 2011! (We would have sailed 2013, but we chose to push it back for fear of my husband's company striking). Even then, we might have done 2012 but they chose to sail from Seattle that year, which we didn't want to do, again inconsistencies killed it. I am certain there are going to be a good number of people who do NOT book a one way, because they thought it would be a RT! INCONSISTENCIES! They left the MR before everyone figured out they were here having barely promoted it. I heard similar grumblings in Texas. People can't book expensive vacations on a dime before they even know its out there! :rolleyes2

Well, it doesn't look as if my dreams will come true - really wanted a RT Vancouver-Hawaii cruise but last date for DCL in Vancouver is the coastal to San Diego (checked the port schedule). So it will be leaving from San Diego or LA, I guess....don't like plane fare on top of cruise fare. Boo! :sad2:

as always...I am hoping to book this cruise and then rebook in July when I am on the Magic to get the discount and OBC ...
but this doesn't always work out...
wanted to do the same for our June 2015 Iceland/Norway cruise that we booked when it came out.... but the going price for our same category has gone up $4,000 :scared1: since day one of booking. No savings to be had now....:sad1:

Well, it doesn't look as if my dreams will come true - really wanted a RT Vancouver-Hawaii cruise but last date for DCL in Vancouver is the coastal to San Diego (checked the port schedule). So it will be leaving from San Diego or LA, I guess....don't like plane fare on top of cruise fare. Boo! :sad2:

I think DCL will do two one-way cruises between Vancouver and Honolulu - so you could do a 20-night roundtrip from Vancouver! However, you would repeat every port, and it would be expensive.

as always...I am hoping to book this cruise and then rebook in July when I am on the Magic to get the discount and OBC ...
but this doesn't always work out...
wanted to do the same for our June 2015 Iceland/Norway cruise that we booked when it came out.... but the going price for our same category has gone up $4,000 :scared1: since day one of booking. No savings to be had now....:sad1:

You got GREAT savings by booking early! Those who put off booking the Europe cruises for 2015 because they wanted to book onboard are the ones who got burned by waiting.

I think DCL will do two one-way cruises between Vancouver and Honolulu - so you could do a 20-night roundtrip from Vancouver! However, you would repeat every port, and it would be expensive.

Just realised I was having a "blonde" moment (no offence to anyone....I really am blonde!) I was looking at the schedule for Vancouver for THIS year, so it's always possible that my dreams WILL come true. A B2B 20 dayer would be AWESOME!!!! Wonder how much more $$$$ it would be than one way air fare from Honolulu....see, trying to justify it already! :banana:

Just realised I was having a "blonde" moment (no offence to anyone....I really am blonde!) I was looking at the schedule for Vancouver for THIS year, so it's always possible that my dreams WILL come true. A B2B 20 dayer would be AWESOME!!!! Wonder how much more $$$$ it would be than one way air fare from Honolulu....see, trying to justify it already! :banana:

I just said the same thing to my kiddos. In the end, it might be a similar cost to go round trip than 1 way home from Hawaii

Any more pricing rumors yet?

We were already planning an Aulani trip, so this is pretty attractive. If the rumored itineraries are true we would fly to Honolulu, stay a few days in Aulani, and then cruise back to Vancouver Sept 17-27. Vancouver-Toronto flight is about $500 cheaper than Honolulu-Toronto.

My "redial" finger is poised for Tuesday... :thumbsup2

Pointers to save all I can on this trip? Book only the cruise with no insurance or airfare and get that on my on.. Is this the best way?:confused3

Pointers to save all I can on this trip? Book only the cruise with no insurance or airfare and get that on my on.. Is this the best way?:confused3

Book with no insurance, no airfare and no tips in the cheapest room available. Then you are on board.

Later when you can afford more, modify your reservation to a nicer room.

OBB = onboard booking. Unfortunately, Silver Castaway Club members have to wait a day to book with the general public - after Platinum and Gold have had a chance to book.

Will prices have increased between these days? I've heard that DCL increase their fares daily, will it start this soon after announcement?

abear said:
Any more pricing rumors yet?

We were already planning an Aulani trip, so this is pretty attractive. If the rumored itineraries are true we would fly to Honolulu, stay a few days in Aulani, and then cruise back to Vancouver Sept 17-27. Vancouver-Toronto flight is about $500 cheaper than Honolulu-Toronto.

My "redial" finger is poised for Tuesday... :thumbsup2

Any guesses on what the Wonder did when she gets back to Vancouver on the 27th?

Will prices have increased between these days? I've heard that DCL increase their fares daily, will it start this soon after announcement?
Probably - for the more popular itineraries.
Any guesses on what the Wonder did when she gets back to Vancouver on the 27th?
The ship has to reposition to San Diego (or LA), and then sail through the Panama Canal to its home port for the fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter