Disney Wonder Hawaii Sept. 2015

We are on the Wonder now. Tomorrow is our last day of the WBPC. So bummed!

No mention of Hawaii, although no one should know about it. But did want to say that we booked on opening day (for Silver) and reshopped on board for Dover 7nt./Med 5nt. b2b and got a better rate. We booked 4A (not sure if that makes a difference). So for those of you who are still hoping for better rates, they did exist in our category.

Any more pricing rumors yet?

We were already planning an Aulani trip, so this is pretty attractive. If the rumored itineraries are true we would fly to Honolulu, stay a few days in Aulani, and then cruise back to Vancouver Sept 17-27. Vancouver-Toronto flight is about $500 cheaper than Honolulu-Toronto.

My "redial" finger is poised for Tuesday... :thumbsup2

Makes two of us! That would be okay but a roundtrip from Vancouver would still be our preference.

B2B is just too much vacation time..........

We are on the Wonder now. Tomorrow is our last day of the WBPC. So bummed!

No mention of Hawaii, although no one should know about it. But did want to say that we booked on opening day (for Silver) and reshopped on board for Dover 7nt./Med 5nt. b2b and got a better rate. We booked 4A (not sure if that makes a difference). So for those of you who are still hoping for better rates, they did exist in our category.

I checked Cruise Fish (www.cruisefish.net), and the prices haven't increased on the oceanviews, some of the verandah cabins (including cat. 4A), or the suites for the Dover to Barcelona cruise. On the 5-night that follows - some insides, a couple of verandah categories, and the suites haven't increased, although your 4A did (+ $330 pp on 4/17). The biggest increases have been on the new itineraries, as there's really nothing new on the 2015 Med cruises.

I checked Cruise Fish (www.cruisefish.net), and the prices haven't increased on the oceanviews, some of the verandah cabins (including cat. 4A), or the suites for the Dover to Barcelona cruise. On the 5-night that follows - some insides, a couple of verandah categories, and the suites haven't increased, although your 4A did (+ $330 pp on 4/17). The biggest increases have been on the new itineraries, as there's really nothing new on the 2015 Med cruises.

It really just depends on the itnerary. If you wanted the Copenhagen to Dover cruise, you would not get a better rate on board compared to opening day. That one has filled up! I don't know how expensive the Baltics have become, but it seems that the Dover to Barcelona and the Med cruises are just not as popular in 2015 as the new iteneraries. Even my 7 night norwegian fjord had not gone up too much ($300 in my category) as of a couple of weeks ago.

Well it's two one ways like some of us thought. No thanks. I think DCL dropped the ball here. I have no interested in what I call the get business for Aulani cruises. Will probably stick with the WBPC.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Well it's two one ways like some of us thought. No thanks. I think DCL dropped the ball here. I have no interested in what I call the get business for Aulani cruises. Will probably stick with the WBPC.

I think DCL did a great thing here. I have no interest in spending 2 weeks on the ship for only 4 days in Hawaii, but would spend 10 days with the option to stay in Honolulu before or after.

So excited to see the two one way cruises for Hawaii!! I could never get enough days off work to do a round trip. Thank you DCL for making this Hawaii cruise possible for my family!!!:cloud9: Karen

I think DCL did a great thing here. I have no interest in spending 2 weeks on the ship for only 4 days in Hawaii, but would spend 10 days with the option to stay in Honolulu before or after.
Different strokes. I want the adventure of the Pacific crossings more than anything. Only 4 days on the islands was fine by me in 2012. It made me want to give DCL my money to do it again, and again, and again. Oh well.

NancyIL said:

I agree this gives us more options for a wonderful trip.

Different strokes. I want the adventure of the Pacific crossings more than anything. Only 4 days on the islands was fine by me in 2012. It made me want to give DCL my money to do it again, and again, and again. Oh well. Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

I agree. I don't think if book this even if it was on a break. Loved the RT!

I agree. If I were to do a Hawaii cruise, I'd love a one way so I could book a pre or post stay.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Looks like DCL should've added a round-trip Hawaii cruise from CA to make everyone happy!
That would have been great!

ETA: My issue with the one ways are the cost. You could just fly to Hawaii, get a hotel, get more of Hawaii, and fly home for less than the cruise and the one way flights will cost. I feel like the cruise is unnecessary. The RT cruise was about (for me) the experience on the ship plus getting a glimpse of the islands. For me out west there was no airfare. It was a win win in my book.

ETA: My issue with the one ways are the cost. You could just fly to Hawaii, get a hotel, get more of Hawaii, and fly home for less than the cruise and the one way flights will cost. I feel like the cruise is unnecessary. The RT cruise was about (for me) the experience on the ship plus getting a glimpse of the islands. For me out west there was no airfare. It was a win win in my book.

I can certainly understand the appeal of cruises that sail from a port within a few hours' drive of your home. In my case - unless DCL starts sailing through the Great Lakes from Chicago, I'll be flying to cruise ports! :teeth: I will probably use airline miles for my flights to Honolulu and home from Vancouver - unless I stumble across a great airfare.

I really enjoyed last May's Transatlantic on the Magic with 10 sea days. I think the Hawaii one-ways offer the most options: 5 sea days for those who love them, a sampling of 4 Hawaiian islands, and the opportunity to spend more time on Oahu before or after the cruise. The latter is not an option on round-trip Hawaiian cruises.

When I look at one way fares to Hawaii from Canada they are half the return fare, not like one way fares to Europe which can be more than a return fare is that not the same from the US?

No airfare made me happy. Of course! Just like the people in Texas are happy they can drive to port and why east coast ppl can also drive to port for the FL cruise and pay no airfare. I get why these one ways are appealing to others. They can experience Hawaii and the cruise. I've been to Hawaii several times. I can go back. I really didn't need to spend too much time there. The RT was perfect in so many ways. I loved the sea days! Glad I got to do it! Glad this works out for so many of you. I'm sure you'll have a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter