• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder - October 14, 2012 - Hawaii

Welcome new cruisers (Monique I won't tell)

Just wanted to say Happy June! one more month (and a couple of weeks) before I can start booking!

Make sure you bring warm clothes. We just did the May sailing to Hawaii and was very suprised how cold it was in the middle of the pacific. We had a great time, but we weren't as prepared for the cold weather. Have a great time!!!!!

Make sure you bring warm clothes. We just did the May sailing to Hawaii and was very suprised how cold it was in the middle of the pacific. We had a great time, but we weren't as prepared for the cold weather. Have a great time!!!!!

I'm really curious about how cold its going to be.. I know October isn't the warmest month, but I wonder if you can use the pools or lay out? Are we talking jackets and long pants.. ???:confused3

Happy sailing everyone. We've decided to cancel and will be doing one of the Galveston cruises for spring break next year.
Sherri and family

I can't believe it WE ARE BOOKED!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Now I gotta catch up on this thread!!

We would like to be a part of EVERYTHING:yay::yay:
Please add us to FE and let us know if I am missing out! Do we have a logo for our group?

Can't wait to "meet" you all online and on the boat!!

Here's our breakdown

Kevin 40
Jennifer 36 (cindygirl)
Austin 5
GTY

Debbie 50 something
Bob 70 something
Keith 35 Celebrating birthday
Gty

Hi all! I just couldn't keep quiet any longer. We booked this cruise about a week ago, but have been trying to keep it on the down low until we tell and invite my cousin this weekend. But I know I can count on your guys not to tell on me! LOL! I'm just so excited and I'm seeing some familiar name of people I have cruises with before!

My father and I will be on this cruise for sure and I hope my cousin can make it too. We took her on her very first Disney cruise just a few weeks ago and she loved it. So I know she would love this. The three of us have been planning a trip to California (we live in Florida) to visit Disneyland for some time and the cruise dates line up so nicely with our DL trip already being October 7-13. This will be the farthest my cousin has every traveled from Florida and only her third plane flight. So don't you think adding on the 2 week cruise would be fantastic for her too?!?

Anyway, dad and I will do the FE for sure and I'll have to keep you posted on the rest and about adding my cousin. Fingers crossed she can make it work!

Thanks! :yay:

So excited we found this forum. We booked on the Wonder to Hawaii and can't wait to go!:banana:
My DH and I are going and will meet our DS in Hilo where he is attending school. I need to read everything and see whats going on

Welcome!!!!!

Happy sailing everyone. We've decided to cancel and will be doing one of the Galveston cruises for spring break next year.
Sherri and family

So sorry to hear this. Enjoy your next cruise.

I'm really curious about how cold its going to be.. I know October isn't the warmest month, but I wonder if you can use the pools or lay out? Are we talking jackets and long pants.. ???:confused3

We had a wonderful time too. But to answer your question, it was cool and very windy. Like they do on the Alaska cruise, they had blanket stations available on deck. The pools are kept warm so as long as you don't mind the cool when you get out, enjoy them. A couple days they closed all but the adult pool because it was to rough and it was more like surfing then swimming. I had wished I had brought a warm sweater or sweatshirt. Of course it was comfortable inside.

We had a wonderful time too. But to answer your question, it was cool and very windy. Like they do on the Alaska cruise, they had blanket stations available on deck. The pools are kept warm so as long as you don't mind the cool when you get out, enjoy them. A couple days they closed all but the adult pool because it was to rough and it was more like surfing then swimming. I had wished I had brought a warm sweater or sweatshirt. Of course it was comfortable inside.

I've heard people say that October was better.. just not sure how that can be since its the beginning of winter?? I'm hopeful.. I know its not the Caribbean, but nice weather would be great!! Can someone place my order?;)

Well we are now DEFINITELY going!

I'm hoping that the weather is going to be nicer in October than it was in April, but I'm sure there will still be cool evenings on the ocean. I would be sure to bring a sweater (or sweatshirt) for evenings on deck.

I'm so excited to be experiencing this fantastic cruise. I am hoping they extend our port times to give us more time in the ports, but I guess we will have to just wait and see.

:)
So you can add 4 adults and an 11 year old to the group of those going now :) :) :banana::banana:

Well we are now DEFINITELY going!

I'm hoping that the weather is going to be nicer in October than it was in April, but I'm sure there will still be cool evenings on the ocean. I would be sure to bring a sweater (or sweatshirt) for evenings on deck.

I'm so excited to be experiencing this fantastic cruise. I am hoping they extend our port times to give us more time in the ports, but I guess we will have to just wait and see.

:)
So you can add 4 adults and an 11 year old to the group of those going now :) :) :banana::banana:

I am hoping for more time at port too!!

Greetings all from Anchorage, Alaska!

I've been lurking since Feb. both here and on the Facebook page. Since we paid the cruise balance :woohoo: today, I figured I should introduce myself. :laughing:

DISname: vljohnston
Adults (well, if I have to be):
Valerie (50) :crazy:
DH (turning 62 on cruise) :bday:

Kid:
DS, Rhobert (7) :hyper:

Cabin 6050, early dining

Still considering the FE's and shirts (I know at least 2 shirts, not sure about DH yet).

This will be the second cruise for me & DS. pirate: It will be the first for my DH. He wasn't interested in visiting Mexico in Feb. :sad2: but is very interested in visiting Hawaii. :goodvibes

Alaska State W(h)ine: "I wanna go to Hawaii!"

I've been lurking since Feb. both here and on the Facebook page. Since we paid the cruise balance :woohoo: today, I figured I should introduce myself. :laughing:

Kid:

Cabin 6050, early dining

Still considering the FE's and shirts (I know at least 2 shirts, not sure about DH yet).

This will be the second cruise for me & DS. pirate: It will be the first for my DH. He wasn't interested in visiting Mexico in Feb. :sad2: but is very interested in visiting Hawaii. :goodvibes

Welcome!!!

Not been around for a while as work is busy and we took a trip to Florida for 3 weeks which was so relaxing I hardly touched the computer :yay: we enjoyed the Golden Jubilee celebrations last weekend and again not much time to be online!

A while ago I posted about approaching one of the tour companys about a Pearl Harbour and city tour. Unfortunately because we aren't due into port until 7am they are unable to help, however I have found several posts like this on other discussion boards

I was in Honolulu on Friday Feb 4th, cruising on the Sapphire Princess.

Our plan was to visit the USS Arizona Memorial in the morning and then head to Waikiki for the afternoon, so we chose to go on our own instead of doing a ship-sponsored or independent tour. We considered taking the bus but were concerned about how long it would take to get to the Memorial, so decided to splurge on a cab to get there and take the bus back.

We got up very early that morning, had room service for breakfast and made sure we were standing at the gangway door ready to walk off the ship as soon as we had clearance, which ended up being around 7:15 am.

I had expected that passengers booked on ship tours would be allowed off the ship first but that didn't happen - their meet time in the lounge was 7:15, which was right about the time we were walking off. It worked out very well for us....we met another couple in line who were also planning to take a cab to the Memorial, and so we ended up sharing with them. There were plenty of cabs waiting as soon as we left the terminal building, so we wasted no time there. Cab fare was about $40 total, or $10/person for our group of 4 (including tip). The cab ride from the pier to the Memorial was about 30 minutes. I should mention there was another ship in port that day so we were docked at Pier 2....if your ship docks by Aloha Tower, the ride will be a wee bit shorter.

Once we got there, we took a couple of minutes to check our bags (we brought our bags with us so we wouldn't have to return to the ship before heading to Waikiki)....that cost $3 per bag.

With all of that, it seemed like we still managed to get there ahead of the majority of the tour groups. We arrived at the Memorial before 8am, and got tickets for 9am.... the folks we shared the cab with did not have bags to check so they went right in and got tickets for 8:45 am. We had enough time for a leisurely stroll around the grounds to look at the plaques and take pictures before we went to line up; we stayed for perhaps another hour or so after our excursion was done. We chose not to tour the USS Missouri or the Bowfin, but had plenty of time to do that had we wanted to.

When we were ready to go we found our way easily back out to the main road, waited about 15 minutes for the #42 bus and paid bus fare of $2.50 each for the ride to Waikiki, which took about an hour. We got to Waikiki at about 12:30 pm

Thinking of doing the taxi then bus into town option as it allows a little exploration and possibly some sight seeing without being tied to a schedule.

If anyone decides to do the same and wants to share a taxi, there are two of us, let us know.

One of my friends was on the April cruise and is pulling together some tips for us, as soon as she has sent them over I'll post them in case they help anyone else.

Sarah & Elizabeth

in 7128.

This is our 10th disney cruise and isn't the longest stretch that we've spent on-board. (We did first transatlantic and Mediterranean back to back.)

The last time we disembarked in southern California (first Panama), Andy got a new car (in Gilroy) on the way home (to San Jose).

The Wonder is Andy's favorite "small ship" but he's never been on a not-Disney ship.

We're early dining.

We've been taking scuba gear on cruises recently (including both Dream and Fantasy MVs) but haven't decided about this one. (We've dived lots of places but not Hawaii.)

We're old-school fish-extenders and lanyard funders.

We'd like shirts - Small and XLarge. (Is the small really that big? If not, medium.)

I will be on board the cruise with my soon-to-be husband! We are getting married on board! So excited!

Love reading all the discussions about DCL. So much to learn!

Hi everyone! I booked this cruise for my husband and myself on the first day.
Laura

Hi everyone!! Just put our deposit down!! So excited! We've never been to HI. It's my parents and me and my husband.
Doing the happy dance!!
:banana::banana:

Kathy and DH Tom along with George and Fran (my parents)

G'day All,

This is our 1st Disney Cruise....1st cruise EVER actually.

Me: Susan.
Husband: Tim
Son: Nicholas (boy aged 3).

I can NOT describe our extreme excitment about going on this cruise!
Made especially special to be sharing it with my sister & her family too.

Can't Wait....less than 6 months!!!

Cheers
Susan

We would like to join the FE list if it's not too late. It'll be my husband, my daughter (7) and I cruising.

We are so excited about this cruise.

We would like to do the FE, shirts, and lanyards, if it is not too late. This is our first cruise and we are really excited!

DIS name - The7ofUs

Adults - Lance (44)
Jennifer (39)

Kids - Nathan (18)
Mercy (17)
Grant (15)
Craig (14)
Michael (11 when we set sail and 12 when we return!)

Cabins - 7505 & 7507

Hi,

Sorry - can't send pm's yet. Must post more instead of just reading!

We have 7 children but are bringing only the 3 youngest as the cruise is during the school year. Our older ones are going with us next summer.

Room#1
Ingrid (40) aloha09
Art (47) goofyart
Thea (9)
Norah (7)

Room#2
Gerald (my dad)
Trudi (my mom)
Leila (3) - our youngest

Both rooms GTY, we are all early dining.

Thank you!
Ingrid

Hi! I just booked this cruise! It will be me (mom, 45) and my 5 year old son on board. Can we still join the FE and FB groups? Looking forward to experiencing some Aloha with you all! I've been to Oahu, Maui and Hawaii before. Looking forward to Kauai and all of the other island again! :goodvibes

Hi ppartekim,
Sorry I'm late getting on the boards. Is it too late to order a shirt?
Rose-Ann:banana:

we are joining the ship as well, flying in from Holland. Marcel, Saskia, Meike (4) and Laura (3), GTY, early dinner.

Can't wait!

Hello!
Have been a lurker on the boards for a long time, but this is my first time posting! It is Walter and Karen in room 7022. We are late dining and don't do facebook (think we are about the only people on the planet that don't):rotfl:

Hi everyone. Looks like we may be on this sailing as well (if everything works out!) Now I have lots of reading to do to catch up with all of you!

Aloha!

Moments ago I clicked the purchase button! I am so excited I can barely type!!! Hubs and I just told the kids..YAY, we are going on a DISNEY CRUISE, to HAWAII and we are flying to CALIFORNIA and we are taking you out of school to do it, and it is for TWO WHOLE WEEKS. They barely looked up from their pizza. I'm thinking we should leave them behind to feed the cat!:confused3

Is there a cruise list somewhere that I just haven't found?

Please add us to the list--wherever it may be:

Karen (DIS Name Rikersmom)
Kevin (my son)
Dora (my friend)

This will be Kevin (who is an adult) with two old(er) ladies. We all love cruising and we all love Hawaii. Looking forward to meeting everyone,
Karen

I can't believe it WE ARE BOOKED!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Now I gotta catch up on this thread!!

We would like to be a part of EVERYTHING:yay::yay:
Can't wait to "meet" you all online and on the boat!!

Here's our breakdown

Kevin 40
Jennifer 36 (cindygirl)
Austin 5
GTY

Debbie 50 something
Bob 70 something
Keith 35 Celebrating birthday
Gty

Hi all! I just couldn't keep quiet any longer. We booked this cruise about a week ago, but have been trying to keep it on the down low until we tell and invite my cousin this weekend. But I know I can count on your guys not to tell on me! LOL! I'm just so excited and I'm seeing some familiar name of people I have cruises with before!

My father and I will be on this cruise for sure and I hope my cousin can make it too.
Thanks! :yay:

So excited we found this forum. We booked on the Wonder to Hawaii and can't wait to go!:banana:
My DH and I are going and will meet our DS in Hilo where he is attending school. I need to read everything and see whats going on

Kid:

Cabin 6050, early dining

in 7128.

This is our 10th disney cruise and isn't the longest stretch that we've spent on-board. (We did first transatlantic and Mediterranean back to back.)

:welcome: :grouphug: :welcome:

:dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

Catching up and can't believe how many people have joined over the last few weeks, welcome everyone. Sorry if I missed anyone off so a special welcome to you if I did :wave2:

Sarah & Elizabeth

Hi ppartekim,
Could you add us to the list for shirts and lanyards? Still thinking about the FE. Not sure what to buy or make for that. Ideas?

Disname: readyplayer

2 adults: Bill & Nancy (will be celebrating :bday:)

Rm: GTY
:boat: :boat: :boat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter