• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder - October 14, 2012 - Hawaii

Below is a list of people who want to participate in the Scrap Book Exchange. If you want to be added to the list please email me at Lisa@PixieandPirateDestinations.com and I will add you.

I will also list it as a DOC on the FACEBOOK GROUP.

7444360260_36f4f315bb_z.jpg

I realized that in a little over a week we will be in DOUBLE Digits:banana: For some it is even less. I am very excited...as you can tell.;)

Here is the one thing I enjoy. It is my family vacation and I get to meet new folks who (as I am shy at first) become familiar faces on future cruises. I do not mind doing some activities with folks and I am grateful that there is no expectation that we have to.

Having said that, who wants to meet at least one new person for at least 30 minutes out of the 20,160 minutes you will be on this cruise? :thumbsup2

Me.:thumbsup2:banana::dance3::cheer2::woohoo::rolleyes1

SailorMickey.jpg

Want to join in the Fish Extender Exchange? If so please EMAIL me at Lisa@PixieandPirateDestinations.com !!!

Fish Extender list info: This is a list of those that wish to participate in putting gifts (purchased or homemade items) in other's "extenders" (anything hanging off the "fish" outside the stateroom door that is generally used to receive mail/etc. to your room) and receive same from others. If you have any questions about this- please feel free to email me and I will gladly explain in more detail.

I have taken over orginazing the list from Michael. Thank you for your hard work on the list Michael. Due to some circumstances I do not wish to get into Michael has resigned from organizing the Fish Extender list. I did not want the Fish Extender exchange to die so I will be taking it over.

That being said I will be listing the list below. I am only managing ONE list. I will not split the list into smaller lists and keep track of all of them. It is too overwhelming. I do not wish to exclude anyone, but I have two full time jobs and can not take on another one. If you wish to orginaze a smaller exchange please email me at Lisa@PixieandPirateDestinations.com and I will list you as a contact on this post for a smaller exchange list and cruisers wishing to partisipate can contact you directly. If this happends then you (the organizer of the smaller list) can send me a copy and I will post it here for them. If not please feel free to join this fish extender group.

FE Exchange

There was a question posted on the Disboards recently by someone asking about the origin of the FE exchange-

Originally Posted by wcw57 
How did this thing start? I mean, someone decided to have meets on the board and then people started giving each other gifts (I assume) which is real nice but who thought of the FE.....some mastermind deserves credit.

Did they have any idea that it would become a tradition? 

One person can have huge impact.

THANX!

Debbie (EpcotKilterFan on the DIS)
Yes I am the instigator of the Fish Extender I had NO idea that it would get this big. I still laugh when I see LONG threads about fish extenders and their gifts.

The intent is to share with other DISr's. Put a gift in and if you get a gift in return that is a bonus! I always have fun passing out the FE gifts on the cruise. 
My favorite quote from a guest in the hallway was.... "those things hanging on the doors must mean that there are children in the room" 

I am glad the tradition continues and can't believe I innocently started a phenomenon 4 years ago on the FIRST time through the Panama Canal

The FE is not intended to be a gift exchange, that’s what Secret Mickeys are for. If the thought of giving gifts to 100 cabins is overwhelming then don’t, just give what you want to whom you want. It’s giving not receiving....that’s what Pixie Dust is all about.

So there you have it!

Now on to the Fish Extender List

7443794632_0f02996c07_b.jpg

7443771554_60dcea444b_z.jpg

Scrapbook Exchange

For each participant on the list, you give a scrapbook item, themed for this cruise of course, to embellish a scrapbook page-not an entire page. This is an exchange of embellishments only, there is no workshop or class.

Below is a list of people who want to participate in the Scrap Book Exchange. If you want to be added to the list please email me at Lisa@PixieandPirateDestinations.com and I will add you.

7444360260_36f4f315bb_z.jpg

Postcard Swap

You give a postcard from your hometown/state/country to each person/cabin on the list. They in turn will leave one for you. It is always nice, if you wish, to enclose a short message on the back of the postcard. You can pop this into the FE if the recipient has one, or place it directly into the fish or slip it under the door if there is no FE. At the end of the cruise, you will have a nice collection of pictures/cards from around the world from your new DIS friends!

Below is a list of people who want to participate in the Postcard Swap. If you want to be added to the list please email Dee at snj72998@cox.net and She will add you.

7445322754_0bbc70b92e_z.jpg

Candy Swap

For each person on the list, you leave a small (think snack or Halloween sized) treat. This could be your favorite chocolate bar, something unique to your area, or a wrapped candy or two . They, in turn, will do the same. It is important to note how many participants are in each cabin, they may be four people in a cabin but may only one is participating, or maybe all. We don’t want to cause a war because four grownups are trying to share one mini chocolate bar! LOL

Below is a list of people who want to participate in the Candy Swap. If you want to be added to the list please email Dee at snj72998@cox.net and She will add you.

For each person on the list, you leave a small (think snack or Halloween sized) treat. This could be your favorite chocolate bar, something unique to your area, or a wrapped candy or two . They, in turn, will do the same. It is important to note how many participants are in each cabin, they may be four people in a cabin but may only one is participating, or maybe all. We don’t want to cause a war because four grownups are trying to share one mini chocolate bar! LOL

7445283626_6594e91b9b_z.jpg

Groupon has a great deal on a catamaran snorkeling cruise in Oahu right from the port area that the Wonder will dock at!

Island Magic Catamaran deal on Groupon (search under Hawaii Honolulu)

$20 for a 2.5-hour snorkeling cruise for a child 12 or younger (up to a $40 value)
$32 for a 2.5-hour snorkeling cruise for an adult (a $65 value)
$24 for a 1.5-hour sunset cruise for an adult (a $50 value)

We are going to opt out of the postcard swap and the candy swap..( BTW we will still give candy but dont want any in return)

Groupon has a great deal on a catamaran snorkeling cruise in Oahu right from the port area that the Wonder will dock at!

$20 for a 2.5-hour snorkeling cruise for a child 12 or younger (up to a $40 value)

Thanks, I shared it on FB as well.

Sadly, they are closed on Sunday and that is when we are there. This will to not work for our cruise.

A fun way to to spend your spare time and learn a little more about the Disney Wonder.I will supply all participants with a list of tasks and/or questions to complete. These will be passed out in the Promenade Lounge between 3o'clock and muster drill time on embarktion day. On the last sea day before Ensenada, you bring your completed forms to the Promenade Lounge between 3 & 4 o'clock for verification. There will be a grand prize for the winner! If you can't make it to the Promenade Lounge on embarktion day, I will ensure that everyone will receive a copy under their door the during the first two days of the cruise. Have Fun!

If you are interested in participating, please send me a PM on the disboards and I will add you to the list. If you are part of the facebook group, you can add yourself there.

Janice

We just booked this cruise a few days ago - so I'm a late joiner to the party. Trying to get my bearings... we will be a party of four which includes our two boys, 3 & 9. I'll need to figure out what I need to catch up on soon. We are pretty much DCL addicts as much as being west coast allows at least. And we love the longer cruises, one transAtlantic and two canal crossings under our belt so far... although not for the little guy, lol.

We just booked this cruise a few days ago - so I'm a late joiner to the party. Trying to get my bearings... we will be a party of four which includes our two boys, 3 & 9. I'll need to figure out what I need to catch up on soon. We are pretty much DCL addicts as much as being west coast allows at least. And we love the longer cruises, one transAtlantic and two canal crossings under our belt so far... although not for the little guy, lol.

Welcome.. I just approved you FB request... :thumbsup2

Now go to FB and sign yourself up for all the stuff you want to do that we have docs for.. (FE, Scapebook, Candy, Scanvenger Hunt, Palo's, shirts, etc).

Welcome!!

Now it’s real!! Just made air and hotel reservations (LAX Marriott) and got transfers to and from the ship. See you guys there.:woohoo: I can’t wait to start booking shore exertions and Polos (can I book a brunch AND a dinner?) We lost the room we had been assigned on board because our TA REALLY screwed up so now we’re a guarantee. But that aside it feels like a dream.:cloud9: I hope some of our shore time in Hawaii gets extended. I saw that someone is doing a luau. How is that going to work with the shore times we have? :confused3

Now it’s real!! Just made air and hotel reservations (LAX Marriott) and got transfers to and from the ship. See you guys there.:woohoo: I can’t wait to start booking shore exertions and Polos (can I book a brunch AND a dinner?) We lost the room we had been assigned on board because our TA REALLY screwed up so now we’re a guarantee. But that aside it feels like a dream.:cloud9: I hope some of our shore time in Hawaii gets extended. I saw that someone is doing a luau. How is that going to work with the shore times we have? :confused3

Welcome and I'm sorry you lost your room. You can make lunch and dinner. Were are you traveling from?

Welcome and I'm sorry you lost your room. You can make lunch and dinner. Were are you traveling from?

Thanks. We are from Pittsburgh PA. My DH and I (Mark and Linda) aren’t big travelers. Except for Disney of course. We’re celebrating our 10th anniversary. Having gotten married at DW, we thought this would be perfect. Thank you for the Palo info. Would you know anything about guaranteed rooms? I was wondering if they will tell us what our room will be before hand or if we get it at check in.

Thanks. We are from Pittsburgh PA. My DH and I (Mark and Linda) aren’t big travelers. Except for Disney of course. We’re celebrating our 10th anniversary. Having gotten married at DW, we thought this would be perfect. Thank you for the Palo info. Would you know anything about guaranteed rooms? I was wondering if they will tell us what our room will be before hand or if we get it at check in.

GTY room can be assigned at any time up to, and including embarkation day. For the most part, they are assigned approximately 30 days out, but are not guaranteed they will be.

:cutie:

I agree with OP. It has been my experience that they are assigned somewhere between final payment and 30 days out. Fingers crossed that it will be soon for all those who are waiting.

What a wonderful way to celebrate you anniversary too. We did something similar and renewed our vows. It was wonderful.

Question on the FB by Cindy Girl is:
who's doing what in Maui??? I want to go to Hana but it is a 12 hour tour...I want to go to a luau ugh so much to think about. Also, does anyone know why we are leaving so early in Honolulu? There are so many things I want to do there!!!

Aloha! We just booked 2 rooms in category 5C. We don't know our rooms numbers yet but are just so excited to be back "home" on the Wonder! We just went on the 5/28 Alaska cruise and had such a fantastic time that we didn't want to debark....so we decided a 14 night cruise would allow us more time to relax and rejuvinate.

I put in a request to join the FB group and plan on joining the FE group and likely the Postcard group as well.

In terms of excursions we just barely started looking but I think we might be going to Aulani...that sound slike fun!

Great to meet you all and I look forward to getting to know you better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter