• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney World Buries Its Controversial $149 After Hours Experiment

And if you have a multi day ticket, that day's admission would cost $15. So you're trading $15 for $149.

When Disney moved to surge pricing on one day tickets, everyone here on the DIS exclaimed that it didn't matter because nobody buys one day tickets anyway. :rolleyes1

Two things: 1) I thought the OP was suggesting that, like EMM or the pervious E-Ticket nights, the cost of DAH was in addition to the park admission. OP cleared up that was not their intent, but I still think it's an important point to make when discussing this event

2) If anyone really thinks in terms of a multi-day pass and the cost of a day being $15, how can they possibly complain about anything at WDW? It may be flawed and crowded and not "what it used to be," but goodness gracious, $15 is less than a meal for 2 at Wendy's.

Here's what keeps coming up for the "pro-Disney" side of the $149 ride on Peter Pan since day one:

There is this benefit of the doubt that This is somehow advantageous or "extra" compared to the normal operating calendar.

It's not...it actually can't be...
If the crowds are strong/heavy - the forecasting causes an adjustment of the calendar - as was traditionally done.
If they are light...the "exclusivity" of the event loses its value...there IS no value because you can get what you need/want for the normal price that you are paying.

So the only way...at all...this works for Disney is to take something away - the hours based on crowds -by closing earlier than they should and then selling it back to you.

Come on...I know that I rarely (I actually have with the gator story) tow the Disney line...in fact I make them fight for every inch (as everyone should...honestly...if capitalism is "great" as we always get everytime they raise a price)...
But this one isn't even lipstick on a pig. It's a prom gown, lipstick, and a tiara on a pig. The only way it works is if the consumer doesn't know a damn thing about how Disney has and always should run the parks. Just no valid argument.

2) If anyone really thinks in terms of a multi-day pass and the cost of a day being $15, how can they possibly complain about anything at WDW? It may be flawed and crowded and not "what it used to be," but goodness gracious, $15 is less than a meal for 2 at Wendy's.

Well that would be swell if I could pop in for a $15 day at Disney the way I pop into Wendy's for lunch.

Well that would be swell if I could pop in for a $15 day at Disney the way I pop into Wendy's for lunch.

Right...but part of the bigger picture...

Most do travel with multiday tickets...and an additional day (just from a ticket cost...not ancillary) on a multiday is a far superior approach than the $149 extravaganza

Here's what keeps coming up for the "pro-Disney" side of the $149 ride on Peter Pan since day one:

There is this benefit of the doubt that This is somehow advantageous or "extra" compared to the normal operating calendar.

It's not...it actually can't be...
If the crowds are strong/heavy - the forecasting causes an adjustment of the calendar - as was traditionally done.
If they are light...the "exclusivity" of the event loses its value...there IS no value because you can get what you need/want for the normal price that you are paying.

So the only way...at all...this works for Disney is to take something away - the hours based on crowds -by closing earlier than they should and then selling it back to you.

Come on...I know that I rarely (I actually have with the gator story) tow the Disney line...in fact I make them fight for every inch (as everyone should...honestly...if capitalism is "great" as we always get everytime they raise a price)...
But this one isn't even lipstick on a pig. It's a prom gown, lipstick, and a tiara on a pig. The only way it works is if the consumer doesn't know a damn thing about how Disney has and always should run the parks. Just no valid argument.
Thank you!

If it was offered while I was there and I knew about it, I would have done it hands down. However, I wouldn't plan a trip to go based on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter