Disney World *Solo* on a Budget - COVID edition

I am going to be going solo to Disney next week.
Wanting to try some new dining (going as cheap as I can)?

Also, can someone confirm whether or not you can double-dip Disney Visa and Passholder discounts on certain restaurants?

No double-dipping (we have Disney Visa, annual passes, and are DVC members). Sometimes one of the discounts is more than the others, so be sure to ask. If looking for cheap options, resort restaurants generally have different menus for lunch and dinner, and lunch is frequently cheaper.

I am usually solo myself and wish I could share meals. I just hate wasting food. My favorite trick is to order kids meals. I love the chicken and mac and cheese at Docking Bay 7 in HS and nuggets pretty much anywhere with fruit instead of fries. That's often enough food for me.

The alcohol is what really adds up - if you don't drink you'll save a fortune!

I was just there as a solo and thought the snacks were mostly ridiculously sized. I wanted to try more items, but I would get full so fast. It was a real bummer at Food & Wine. There were more things I wanted to try, but just didn't have room. For breakfast I know you can order things a la carte at the resorts if you don't want the full bounty platter or the kids items will fit the bill. Homecomin will scale down the appetizers, which I thought was nice.

I will say I enjoyed QS a lot this trip. I had some great salads at CBR, Satulli Canteen and Docking Bay 7. They were similar in quality to what you'd get at table service, but a fraction of the cost.

Reactions: DLo

You might want to post on the solo board.
In general, drinks, alcoholic or even sodas, can really add up in your costs, so the more times you are happy with water, the more money you can save. Another thing I’ve opted for is ordering a couple appetizers and that can often be less than an entree, but plenty of food. I also am really careful about avoid large quick snacks as a solo when my goal is to try new TS places because as a solo, those snacks can really fill you up. .

They don't allow stacking discounts. It's one of the other.

I am always solo. To save money, stay away from the sit-down restaurants and use quick service instead. There are many sites that rate them, so you can pick good ones. Save one of the nicer restaurants for splurge. Also, use one of the grocery services and ship some items to your villa for breakfast and other meals that you can eat in your room. Not as much fun, but you will save money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter