Disney YES Program Open to non-groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got off the phone with them. They do not require any proof of age.

Does anyone know if they want proof of age for the programs?
Before you flame me, my dd will be 11 1/2 this summer and is in the gifted program at school. I'm not sure if she will get much out of a program geared for 6-11 or 8-11 year olds. I'd rather put her in one that is for 12+ with her sister.

Thanks for asking about the age thing. I'm not trying to pull one over on Disney, it's just that dd gets bored if things are too easy and she'll be so close to 12.

Did any of you that have called ask when the classes in June will be available to book?

If one class is listed twice, for different age groups but on the same date, do you think it is offered at the same time for both age groups? My youngest is 9 and the older two will be 13 and 15. The classes I am looking at are listed 8-11 and 12-15 or 12-17. It would be very convenient if they would all go at the same time.

Did any of you that have called ask when the classes in June will be available to book?

I received an email response to two different questions. One CM mentioned "Summer will be released by the end of February, early March at the latest." and another said "Summer enrollment will be released sometime within the next couple of months." The last email was the day before the dates were posted.

If one class is listed twice, for different age groups but on the same date, do you think it is offered at the same time for both age groups? My youngest is 9 and the older two will be 13 and 15. The classes I am looking at are listed 8-11 and 12-15 or 12-17. It would be very convenient if they would all go at the same time.

I lost my link to last year's schedule, but I think all the classes were approximately the same time... starting between 7:45 and 9 and lasting for about 3 hours.

Can someone tell me where it lists which class is in which park.

We only have one full day per park ( buying enough days that we may be able to come back a few evenings after doing other things during the day)

BUt I really want to factor in which park they would miss 3 hours of time in - although they are very excited about the class too.

Can someone tell me where it lists which class is in which park..

I do not believe they told us until after we bought tickets, IIRC. But they were in the movie class and it was at the Studios.

We only have one full day per park ( buying enough days that we may be able to come back a few evenings after doing other things during the day)

BUt I really want to factor in which park they would miss 3 hours of time in - although they are very excited about the class too.

You have to click "Learn More" on each class and it gives you some details.

Some are obvious, like all the Marine/Ocean ones are in Epcot, the Animation/Production ones are in HS, Wild by Nature is in AK, etc. But at you can click on any of the ones you're unsure of to find the location.

I'm a bit confused by the second part of your post. Are you staying more than 4 days? Or are you planning to use another "day" to go to a second park in the evening? If it's the latter, you would need the park hopper option. (Not intending to offend you if you already know this... but it's definitely the most asked question on the Dis. :upsidedow )

They cancel tickets due to do many no shows.

Really? I had not read anywhere else that they will cancel your tix if you no-show the class. Is this actually true? I thought I read the opposite. If you have already paid for your tickets I'm not sure how they could cancel them.

If we purchase tickets through the program we will definitely go. My kids are super excited about the classes!

You have to click "Learn More" on each class and it gives you some details.

Some are obvious, like all the Marine/Ocean ones are in Epcot, the Animation/Production ones are in HS, Wild by Nature is in AK, etc. But at you can click on any of the ones you're unsure of to find the location.

I'm a bit confused by the second part of your post. Are you staying more than 4 days? Or are you planning to use another "day" to go to a second park in the evening? If it's the latter, you would need the park hopper option. (Not intending to offend you if you already know this... but it's definitely the most asked question on the Dis. :upsidedow )

Sorry I mean If we do a day at the beach or a day at the waterpark we'll have enough days on our tickets to do DW that night ( 4 full days for the 4 main parks plus 4 more days to have the potential to do evenings )

We will have 8 day tickets but only 4 days on the itinerary for disney only days. The trip is 10-11 days long.

I will have hoppers because I am planning ( hoping) to get the full YES tickets ( forget what they are called but the ones with hoppers and waterparks)

Yesterday I found some dates for classes in August when we are going so I printed out info on 2 different ones for my dd to see which she thinks her dd would like best. Anyway if you click on the 'more info' tab in the class description I think it will tell where the class is being held. I printed out the information & one class was in AK & the other was in Epcot.

It looks like there are several gaps in the dates classes are offered like they offer for 2-3 weeks and then don't for 2-3 weeks (I'm looking for late May bascially) is this normal for how the YES schedule works? And will they add more classes on later?

It seems they are in the descriptions or videos if you click the learn more links. Synergy in Science is at Epcot, Wild by Nature is Animal Kingdom, Ocean Discoveries is Epcot, How things Move is Magic Kingdom, Animation is Hollywood Studios. Those are the ones that come to mind. But I learned that from responses here, and also by reading about each class and watching the links for the videos about each class.

Have any of you taken more than one class per trip? I saw a couple that I would like to register my children for. Can you do this on-line or do you have to call to add the second class?

Oh...and if you do register on-line, will it tell you if the class is full already?

Can someone answer this question for me?

How do I pick up tickets or are they mailed to you? If your class isn't until say Thurs. and you arrive a few days early how do the tickets work out?

Thanks, I can't read the whole thread.

I thought I read somewhere that the tickets are good for 7 days before your arrival date to 7 days after your departure date. I don't know if arrival and departure is referring to the class or actual arrival and departure times. I also have the same question about the tickets; do they absolutely have to be picked up? I think we could make the 2PM time for one of the parks the day before but if we are delayed then there will be a problem. The class would be the next day. Anyone knows what happens if you can't get the tickets before the class date? I have a good feeling we may be turned away from class.

The email confirmation I received after registering for our class in February did not say anything about having to pick up tickets prior to 2PM. It merely stated the locations they could be picked up. If it does have to be picked up prior to 2PM we will not be able to get our tickets in time for the class that is the next morning....

The email confirmation I received after registering for our class in February did not say anything about having to pick up tickets prior to 2PM. It merely stated the locations they could be picked up. If it does have to be picked up prior to 2PM we will not be able to get our tickets in time for the class that is the next morning....

I guess I was under the impression that the will call window's closing time was 2PM from one poster's confirmation notice. If it's later than that then I would be extremely happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter