Disney YES Program Open to non-groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will call windows hours do vary...but I called Disney and they are ALL definately open later than 2PM. The latest one is open in Downtown Disney with the parks all remaining open until I believe 8PM at least that is what the representative told me. I am still a little nervous about it LOL

Really? I had not read anywhere else that they will cancel your tix if you no-show the class. Is this actually true? I thought I read the opposite. If you have already paid for your tickets I'm not sure how they could cancel them.

If we purchase tickets through the program we will definitely go. My kids are super excited about the classes!

They state they have the right in the agreement, and we know someone in the office who was the person who told us about the program. He said that people were too often only signing up only for the tickets. The tickets are trackable by number, which allows for cancellation and for replacement if you lose them.

They work hard designing programs and people who actually wanted to attend were unable to he actually allowed us as his guests to fill in some of the empty spots for no shows last year.

You'll enjoy the programs. :)

They state they have the right in the agreement, and we know someone in the office who was the person who told us about the program. He said that people were too often only signing up only for the tickets. The tickets are trackable by number, which allows for cancellation and for replacement if you lose them.

They work hard designing programs and people who actually wanted to attend were unable to he actually allowed us as his guests to fill in some of the empty spots for no shows last year.

You'll enjoy the programs. :)

Yes, and people who don't show may not be allowed to participate in the program again. If a child is sick, you should call the phone number they give you in your final confirmation.

Yes, and people who don't show may not be allowed to participate in the program again. If a child is sick, you should call the phone number they give you in your final confirmation.

This is key, because it would be really easy to just get all of your disney days in before the class so that there would be nothing to cancel. However, it would be a burned bridge for future years.

This is key, because it would be really easy to just get all of your disney days in before the class so that there would be nothing to cancel. However, it would be a burned bridge for future years.

I was really worried about this in 2010, the first year we did YES. DS came down with strep and we couldn't make the class. I called and let them know and I kept the check out sheet from the Minute Clinic that saw him the afternoon before in case they needed it to confirm he was sick. I signed us up again last year with no problem and DS and his cousins really enjoyed the class. The only way I would ever miss is if the child was too sick to go to the parks.

Yesterday I found some dates for classes in August when we are going so I printed out info on 2 different ones for my dd to see which she thinks her dd would like best. Anyway if you click on the 'more info' tab in the class description I think it will tell where the class is being held. I printed out the information & one class was in AK & the other was in Epcot.

Just double checking - did you find classes for August of THIS year? Or are you going by last year's schedule just to get an idea of what might be offered this year?
Thanks!

Please pardon me if this has been answered - but I can't seem to find it:

Someone posted recently about the July 4th classes being cancelled last year. Unfortunately, the only day we'll be able to participate in the YES program this year will be the on the Fourth... (Due to age restrictions, etc while we're there.)
If we sign up for the class, purchase tix, and the class is later cancelled - then what happens?

Thanks to all of you who have been so generous with your time and knowledge.

It looks like there are several gaps in the dates classes are offered like they offer for 2-3 weeks and then don't for 2-3 weeks (I'm looking for late May bascially) is this normal for how the YES schedule works? And will they add more classes on later?
As far as I know, there have never been individual enrollment classes in May. Last year they were in January-mid February, and mid June-October. This year's dates look similar.

I thought I read somewhere that the tickets are good for 7 days before your arrival date to 7 days after your departure date. I don't know if arrival and departure is referring to the class or actual arrival and departure times. I also have the same question about the tickets; do they absolutely have to be picked up? I think we could make the 2PM time for one of the parks the day before but if we are delayed then there will be a problem. The class would be the next day. Anyone knows what happens if you can't get the tickets before the class date? I have a good feeling we may be turned away from class.
Our tickets were valid 7 days prior to the arrival date we gave during registration, and for 7 days after the departure date we gave; they were not in any way tied to the date of the class. You won't be able to get into the park for your class without your tickets. As others have stated, there are definitely ticket windows open later than 2pm. :goodvibes

Someone posted recently about the July 4th classes being cancelled last year. Unfortunately, the only day we'll be able to participate in the YES program this year will be the on the Fourth... (Due to age restrictions, etc while we're there.)
If we sign up for the class, purchase tix, and the class is later cancelled - then what happens?

Thanks to all of you who have been so generous with your time and knowledge.
If you register for the class, pay for your tickets, and they cancel the class, your tickets will still be good. They will try to help you reschedule, but if no other dates work for you, then you won't be penalized. :goodvibes

Thank you for pointing that out! Looks like we'll have to start watching CLOSELY now - seems like registration will be opening soon. Thanks!
As far as I know, there have never been individual enrollment classes in May. Last year they were in January-mid February, and mid June-October. This year's dates look similar.

Our tickets were valid 7 days prior to the arrival date we gave during registration, and for 7 days after the departure date we gave; they were not in any way tied to the date of the class. You won't be able to get into the park for your class without your tickets. As others have stated, there are definitely ticket windows open later than 2pm. :goodvibes

If you register for the class, pay for your tickets, and they cancel the class, your tickets will still be good. They will try to help you reschedule, but if no other dates work for you, then you won't be penalized. :goodvibes

That's so good to know, jcemom. That really is the only day my grandson will be able to attend due to his age (10). We'll be there June 29 - July 5. I really hope they keep the class - he would LOVE it (& so would I as his chaperone. Think I'll have to fight his Grandpa for it tho...):rotfl:

I asked this when we went and as of Jan 2011, your tickets would still be valid if the class was cancelled.

Anyone else signed up for How Things Move on 2/14? I still haven't received any further confirmation about the class and I saw another poster recently got something for her class on 2/15.

This year seems very limited to me. Does this change or are they doing a lot fewer classes this Summer?

I am confused about who in the party is allowed to purchase tickets at the reduced YES price.... There will be 6 of us going on the trip, but only 1 child will be participating in the class. I understand that the participating student and his chaperone can get the reduced YES ticket price, but I'm not sure if the rest of our party gets that same rate. Will we need to purchase the rest of the tickets at the regular price or does the whole fam get to purchase their tickets at the YES price? :confused3

I am confused about who in the party is allowed to purchase tickets at the reduced YES price.... There will be 6 of us going on the trip, but only 1 child will be participating in the class. I understand that the participating student and his chaperone can get the reduced YES ticket price, but I'm not sure if the rest of our party gets that same rate. Will we need to purchase the rest of the tickets at the regular price or does the whole fam get to purchase their tickets at the YES price? :confused3

Just went out to the site and went through the steps to sign up for a current class.
With one student it would only let me put in 2 adult names.

The form is set up to let you put in up to 6 children and 4 adults.

The current rule is that you can order tickets for 2 parents and your children when signing up a child for a class. In other words, immediate family. So, if there are 2 parents and 4 children, you should all be able to get YES tickets with only one child participating in a class. For the class itself, one parent may (or must if under 13) attend the class unless a second child is attending the same class, then a second parent may attend. But no additional children may attend the class unless they are enrolled.

There is a perfect class for my DD(15) and her two BFF(15) when we are going in August. My question is can my DS and his GF both 19 go along with the girls as their "adults" or can it only be parents (can parents even attend if the children are over 13) also what is the cancellation policy.

Thank you.

The current rule is that you can order tickets for 2 parents and your children when signing up a child for a class. In other words, immediate family. So, if there are 2 parents and 4 children, you should all be able to get YES tickets with only one child participating in a class. For the class itself, one parent may (or must if under 13) attend the class unless a second child is attending the same class, then a second parent may attend. But no additional children may attend the class unless they are enrolled.

Thanks so much for explaining! Now I have one more question... two of our 4 kids are younger but the other two are over 18. They are immediate family, but are they too old to be considered "children" and get that reduced YES rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter