Disneyland ½ Marathon Weekend~2012 Check-in!

kim3339

DIS Veteran
:mickeyjum Disneyland ½ Marathon Weekend 2012!!! :mickeyjum
August 31 - September 2

5k ~ September 1 @ 6:45am
Kids' Races ~ September 1 @ 9:00am
½ Marathon ~ September 2 @ 5:45am

The expo is Friday, August 31 from 12-8 @ the DL Hotel and Saturday, September 1 from 9-5.

Registration Prices
½ Marathon
2/19/12 ~ SOLD OUT!!!

Charity Registration Link
http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/rundisney/disneyland-half-marathon/index?page=charity-groups

Travel Operator Registration Link
http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/rundisney/disneyland-half-marathon/index?page=travel-operators

2/20/12 ~ SOLD OUT!!!

DL Kids Races
$20/child
2/27/12 ~ SOLD OUT!!!

Chear Package Prices
Click on the Spectator Link on the left side for info
http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/rundisney/disneyland-half-marathon
Bronze Level ~ $0 (just a email newsletter)
Silver Level ~ $35
Gold Level ~ $99
Platinum Level ~ $134

No theme yet for the 5k, but w/ Cars Land opening this summer, I think it might be that.

Here's a link to the thread on the WISH Forum as well:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2841440

Here's a link to GetTravel (they offer hotel accommodations and discounted park tix for the race)
http://www.gettravel.com/HalfMarathon/

Hopefully we will be there. Get travel has their hotel and ticket pricing listed.

Hopefully we will be there. Get travel has their hotel and ticket pricing listed.

Thanks! I'll post their link as well. Their DL Hotel price is really good. The DL site has the prices at $325/night. I know it'll go down once they do discounts, but still!

After doing our first half at WDW this past year, dSiL and I are in for the DL Half! Can't wait to complete our first C2C Challenge! :)

I'm not personally doing the Half, but DH is and I'm looking into buying a chEAR package to get a seat more easily. :banana:

Is there a link to the chEAR packages yet?

Are the 1day/1park tix that come w/the chEAR packages upgradeable?

TIA!

Not sure yet... My Mom is also going to come and cheer us on, and she was actually wondering about how possible it might be to be a race day volunteer. Does anyone know if they take out-of-town visitors to help out on race day? How does one become a volunteer?

I'm not personally doing the Half, but DH is and I'm looking into buying a chEAR package to get a seat more easily. :banana:

Is there a link to the chEAR packages yet?

Are the 1day/1park tix that come w/the chEAR packages upgradeable?

TIA!

Not sure yet... My Mom is also going to come and cheer us on, and she was actually wondering about how possible it might be to be a race day volunteer. Does anyone know if they take out-of-town visitors to help out on race day? How does one become a volunteer?

Volunteer info won't be out until closer to the race. I'm pretty sure you don't have to be a local to volunteer. The tickets you get as a volunteer, chEAR or through get travel are NOT upgradeable.

I'll be there for the 5K if anything. I'll reserve judgement on another Half until after I finish the Tinkerbell!! But it gives me an excuse to head back to Disneyland for a b-day trip.

My Mom is also going to come and cheer us on, and she was actually wondering about how possible it might be to be a race day volunteer. Does anyone know if they take out-of-town visitors to help out on race day? How does one become a volunteer?

They don't have it up yet, but keep checking the website. There will be a little box on the left hand side of the main page towards the bottom when you scroll down for volunteers. I think they'll always use more volunteers, but if she has a particular place in the race or day that she wants I'd sign up earlier than later.

Wow, prices went up I see. Ugh.

I thought that too. I remember when I first ran, I think it was either $90 or $100 and the 5k was either $35 or $40. If it wasn't a family tradition to go down every year, I don't know if I'd be running it again.

Does anyone know if I can register a familiy of 4 altogether?

I'm on the registration page and it looks like I have to register each person one at a time, and pay for each person one at a time.

Does this matter? We'd like to get consecutive bib numbers and start altogether.

This is our first 5K, and I'm not really sure how the registration works.

Thanks! :cool1:

Does anyone know if I can register a familiy of 4 altogether?

I'm on the registration page and it looks like I have to register each person one at a time, and pay for each person one at a time.

Does this matter? We'd like to get consecutive bib numbers and start altogether.

This is our first 5K, and I'm not really sure how the registration works.

Thanks! :cool1:

You have to register one at a time, but I think, but not 100% positive, when you're doing the registration on Active, after you enter the info for the 1st person, you can register another, and pay for all of the registrations together. Not sure how crazy reg is today being the 1st day, but if you want the #'s to one after another, you might want to wait a day or 2 just too make sure. For the 5k, the #'s are given out by registration date. If you don't get them all together, they'll be w/in a # or 2 of each other. As for starting together, no worries! There's no corral start for the 5k, you just line up behind the start line. This year they added time flags, like 10 min and under 12 min, etc. but you guys can run together.

You have to register one at a time, but I think, but not 100% positive, when you're doing the registration on Active, after you enter the info for the 1st person, you can register another, and pay for all of the registrations together. Not sure how crazy reg is today being the 1st day, but if you want the #'s to one after another, you might want to wait a day or 2 just too make sure. For the 5k, the #'s are given out by registration date. If you don't get them all together, they'll be w/in a # or 2 of each other. As for starting together, no worries! There's no corral start for the 5k, you just line up behind the start line. This year they added time flags, like 10 min and under 12 min, etc. but you guys can run together.

Thanks! I checked the active.com website and there's a ton of posts complaining about the lack of family registration. I guess I will sit down tonight and do each person individually...:rolleyes1

Thanks for your response!

I just booked Desert Inn & Suites for the weekend before prices go up. I'm waiting for my friend to get her charity run team registered with Run Disney so I can register with Team Muscle Makers!!!

Volunteer info won't be out until closer to the race. I'm pretty sure you don't have to be a local to volunteer. The tickets you get as a volunteer, chEAR or through get travel are NOT upgradeable.

They don't have it up yet, but keep checking the website. There will be a little box on the left hand side of the main page towards the bottom when you scroll down for volunteers. I think they'll always use more volunteers, but if she has a particular place in the race or day that she wants I'd sign up earlier than later.

Thanks for the information. That's great to know about the tickets, and the location of where to check on the webpage. We will be sure to keep our eyes open for more information!

We'll be there!! Signed up today :cool1:

DH usually runs the 5k with DS (9) but this year he wants to get a personal best time so it's up to me to run with DS.
Haven't run a 5k since 09' but "if it's to be, it's up to me!!!"

Get Travel pricing looking goood!

We signed up to run it. We were happy that it was happening before school started for the kids. We will be running the 5k and doing the Kid race for my youngest. Looking forward to the run as this will be our first Disney run event.

I was talked into the Coast to Coast challenge by a DL Adventureland CM who was relaxing at the hot tub after the WDW Marthon - the half sounds like a treat after the 26.2 at WDW! I left my family behind for the WDW marathon, but this time I'm bringing my hubby and my 2 kiddos - we're all signed up; now just to book the hotel (Get Travel has awesome pricing)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter