Disneyland ½ Marathon Weekend~2012 Check-in!

Brancaneve said:
Great. I will be there Saturday!!

Ooh. Couldn't make it to the meet. After driving since 5 am and being at the expo way too long, we were tired by 3:30 and had to head back.

I think i am going to attach my lgmh to my bright red hat. Say hi if you see me;)

Brancaneve said:
Ooh. Couldn't make it to the meet. After driving since 5 am and being at the expo way too long, we were tired by 3:30 and had to head back.

I think i am going to attach my lgmh to my bright red hat. Say hi if you see me;)

I couldn't make it either. I'll be the one with a wish bondiband and massive knee brace. I'll say hi if I see you!

All I can say is......WHAT AN AMAZING RACE!!! I am so happy I chose the Disney 1/2 as my first 1/2 marathon. Such an amazing experience that I will never forget. My goal was to finish just under 2:15 but managed to get a time of 2:04 which I was thrilled about. The GPS on my watch wouldn't link up so I was so happy to have picked up one of the Cliff pace bands from the Expo. Will definately be running this one again!

Thank you to everyone on this thread for all the support and advice over the last few months!

Had such a fabulous time in the race. Despite my sprained ankle I was able to jog/walk the whole thing and finished. Had a little meltdown afterwards (I was the one in the blue tank who had to be taken to Medical if you saw me) but they got me cooled down and hydrated and I was good to go. My mom and I are registered for the Neverland 5K so as soon as my ankle feels stronger I'm going to get out there again to train.

Do we have corral placement for the 5K?

DW and I ran the 5k last weekend. There isn't any corral placement for the 5k, but they did stagger the start in what appeared to be three groups. You ended up in a particular group according to the time you arrived at the starting area. We got there early enough to be in the first group.

DH was nursing a sore calf the entire race so his time was a bit slower than normal but still within limits. He said he saw a sweeper bus parked around mile 11ish - just a bit after the "Macayla is not impressed sign". Anyone know if they actually swept anyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter