Disneyland ½ Marathon Weekend~2012 Check-in!

just wanted to jump on and say hello. Heading to DLR for our FIRST visit next week for DL half mary and my coast 2 coast medal!

fingers crossed for great weather![/QUOTE

Welcome! So glad to see that you are joining us:cheer2: I just love your trip reports from the cruise boards and am looking forward to one from this trip now....no pressure or anything :rotfl:

It always seems like I intend to go to Home Depot to pick one up before a trip and it never ends up happening. This time I will really try to make it happen!!! If I see your lgmh I will make sure to say some encouraging words to my fellow disser!

Cool. Somebody did say that home depot doesn't carry them anymore, which is a bummer but I still have an old one so I will just use that.
I see you are in Elk Grove, when are you guys heading down there?

noga said:
Cool. Somebody did say that home depot doesn't carry them anymore, which is a bummer but I still have an old one so I will just use that.
I see you are in Elk Grove, when are you guys heading down there?

Oh bummer!! I will use my mickey punch and try it that way. Yes, I live in Elk Grove. Do you live there too? We are leaving early Saturday morning.

Wasn't planning on eating there this trip, but the dessert menu at Carthay Circle Theatre changed my mind. No reservations there until Monday morning, but I did get one. May be the last thing I do on this trip, which is unusual since I always leave Disneyland last before heading home.

Brancaneve said:
Oh bummer!! I will use my mickey punch and try it that way. Yes, I live in Elk Grove. Do you live there too? We are leaving early Saturday morning.

We are just down the road from you in Wilton :)
We are heading down early Friday morning. This is going to be an awesome trip!

Cheshirepixie said:

Yes it will!! It will be a whole new way to appreciate the parks.

Our flight leaves in 9.5 hours :cool1::dance3::woohoo:

Just spent the last hour trying to explain to 6 year old DD that she needs to get some sleep because we have to be up at 4am. "but Daddy, I'm to excited to sleep" :rotfl2:

Of course I know the feeling because I to am to excited to sleeppixiedust::cheer2:

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Remember to run your race and enjoy the experience. Be it your 1st or your 50th race they all are something special.

Yes it will!! It will be a whole new way to appreciate the parks.

Are you guys going to either of the meet ups?
I am not sure if I will make it to any of the meetups because I am with other people but I will try for Saturday. However if you see me at any point just say hi :thumbsup2
Getting so excited. Today will be the last run of the week :cool1:

just wanted to jump on and say hello. Heading to DLR for our FIRST visit next week for DL half mary and my coast 2 coast medal!

fingers crossed for great weather![/QUOTE

Welcome! So glad to see that you are joining us:cheer2: I just love your trip reports from the cruise boards and am looking forward to one from this trip now....no pressure or anything :rotfl:

haha I used to write a LOT of TR's, it has been awhile. Now that I have my blog, I tend to post things on there. :) (check out my signature for a link)

We are at home, hunkered down waiting on Hurricane Isaac to hit us here in Biloxi. Say a prayer for us and that our flight doesn't get cancelled Friday morning!

haha I used to write a LOT of TR's, it has been awhile. Now that I have my blog, I tend to post things on there. :) (check out my signature for a link)

We are at home, hunkered down waiting on Hurricane Isaac to hit us here in Biloxi. Say a prayer for us and that our flight doesn't get cancelled Friday morning!

Hope everything works out for you with Hurricane Isaac!

60 hours and counting for us until we arrive in CA!

We will be in Disney Thursday morning until after the race. I'm running with a good friend. Our outfits have a Canadian theme. We are staying at Park Place inn. We plan on putting on Canada tattoos while we are there so if you see us please say hi, I would love to meet other runners. This is my second half but I am beginning runner.

noga said:
Are you guys going to either of the meet ups?
I am not sure if I will make it to any of the meetups because I am with other people but I will try for Saturday. However if you see me at any point just say hi :thumbsup2
Getting so excited. Today will be the last run of the week :cool1:

Oh meet ups? Does anyone have information on those rather than me searching the hundreds of threads? :)

I have been waking up progressively earlier and earlier to prepare myself for the early race. I even went out at 6:00 am for a short run in order to get my body used to it. The anticipation is building!! I just keep fast forwarding to the moment where the medal is placed around my neck......

kim3339 said:
There's one on Friday night at 6:30 at Trader Sam's at the DLH. The other is Saturday afternoon at 4:30 next to the fountain across from the Disney Store and Blink in DTD.

Great. I will be there Saturday!!

kim3339 said:
There's one on Friday night at 6:30 at Trader Sam's at the DLH. The other is Saturday afternoon at 4:30 next to the fountain across from the Disney Store and Blink in DTD.

Any idea how long you all will be at Trader Sam's on Friday?

I'm heading down after work and if I don't hit traffic I hope to be there by 8:00pm.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Not sure ~ it was set up by some of the more veteran WISHERS and I saw the thread and thought I'd post it here. I won't be at that one, have dinner resies at that time.

kim3339 said:
Not sure ~ it was set up by some of the more veteran WISHERS and I saw the thread and thought I'd post it here. I won't be at that one, have dinner resies at that time.

I'll probably stop by on the way to DTD for dinner. I guess I'll just yell out "Who's with the DiSboards?". Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter