• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving today from our Thanksgiving trip I have to admit the crowds were never insane. I never heard about any capacity closures or concerns , people were nearly all very friendly and so many great CM's too. There was no chaos , even WOC winter dreams Friday night was fairly calm just very COLD.

I hope everyone has a wonderful time.

Going Dec6-12th for the first time and I cant wait
v3O6aP7.jpg

Glad to hear Sherry is on FB--I had been wondering where she was too. (I don't use FB). Sherry, thinking of you and I know, I got yesterday at Target some Peppermint Ho Ho's by Hostess. I had never had them before and they're good. They reminded me a little of Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies. A minty FYI to all.

I am super duper excited my own trip will start on Thursday, yay. So glad to have read happy reports in this thread, too :santa:

We leave in less than 24 hours, so I'm loving everyone's notes on how their trips went!!

DD had a cold last weekend, and I thought I had dodged the bullet. Nope! Woke up this morning with a full fledged head cold. Luckily, she got over it fast, but now I have to try and pack while I try and take care of myself. Tomorrow's flight may be interesting. :crazy2:

I figure being slightly under the weather in DL has got to be better than being stuck at home, right?
Dear koalagirl5, good luck and I'm wishing you well with your head cold. Hopefully the worst is over and the MAGIC of being in Disneyland takes over and you feel no pain!! Best of wishes :tink:

It was getting chilly at night while we were there too. We found it very helpful to rent a locker and put the stuff we needed for the nighttime in there and just come back and retrieve it after the sun went down.
How much are the lockers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone check to see if they have the 2015 Photo Ornaments in DL? Last week I bought one....or so I thought. I just unpacked it to add our picture and hang it on our tree but it is a 2016 one! If someone can send me a picture of it & the item# so I can call Disney Merchandise to order that would be great. Thanks!!!

Ok. Only Disney people will understand my excitement and great pixie dust fortune. We are AP holders and decided to drive down from bay area for the holidays since we have never been. So we will be there from 12/24-1/2. I decided to call about tours even though the 30 days for our earlier dates has past. The CM was just as surprised and excited as I was that we were able to book the holiday tour for Christmas eve, as well as Christmas dinner at the Blue Bayou and Welcome to disney tour on the 12/26. We were both so surprised that there were openings he told be to go out and buy a lottery ticket today! So excited now I can hardly believe it! This will be a great finish to a very trying year for my family. Now to read through the thread to see what else to do. I know it will be busy, our plan is to just take our time and enjoy.

I'm worried about our moderator, Sherry. It's not like her to be so absent from this thread. She loves Christmas! Let's keep her in our thoughts until she surfaces.

I got on specifically to look for Sherry E because we decided to go to Disnleyland next Christmas, and she's "tagless" on her profile. I agree that it's not like her to not be right here answering questions. How long ago did she post on Facebook?

I'm worried about our moderator, Sherry. It's not like her to be so absent from this thread. She loves Christmas! Let's keep her in our thoughts until she surfaces.

I wouldn't worry. It's Thanksgiving weekend.... maybe she is away doing real life stuff with her family this weekend? Moderators have lives too. :D

It depends on the size you get. I think the small lockers were something like $7 for the day, next size up was $10 or so.
What's the best way to utilize a locker if you plan to park hop? Put your stuff in a locker at the park you're at the first of the day and just go back to that park at the end? Or are lockers outside the parks? I don't remember seeing them last time we were there but think we might use them this time to keep a change of clothes in...

I'd get a locker in DL since it will always be open latest. Even if you think you're ending with DCA you may leave to see those empty disneyland turnstiles and decide you want one more ride. Yesterday I had a jumbo locker at DCA ($15 by the way) and ended up lugging giant bags around disneyland for 90 minutes at the end of the night... Lol.

What's the best way to utilize a locker if you plan to park hop? Put your stuff in a locker at the park you're at the first of the day and just go back to that park at the end? Or are lockers outside the parks? I don't remember seeing them last time we were there but think we might use them this time to keep a change of clothes in...
There are lockers in the esplanade, outside the DL entrance (all the way to the left of the turnstiles). We made the mistake of getting a locker inside DCA the first day we park hopped, and we forgot to pick up our stuff on the way out. From that point on, we used the esplanade lockers when we knew we were park hopping and it worked out great. Then we didn't need to worry about which park we were ending the day in, which park closed first, etc.

There are lockers in the esplanade, outside the DL entrance (all the way to the left of the turnstiles). We made the mistake of getting a locker inside DCA the first day we park hopped, and we forgot to pick up our stuff on the way out. From that point on, we used the esplanade lockers when we knew we were park hopping and it worked out great. Then we didn't need to worry about which park we were ending the day in, which park closed first, etc.
Thanks so much for the info!

Just FYI for anybody booking a holiday tour the week between Xmas and New Years, it looks like they are doing four tours (two morning, two afternoon), at least for 12/30. Also, it's previously been reported that they can't do reservations for tours exactly 30 days out until 8 am pacific, but I called at 7:45 am this morning and got our spots no problem.

Does anyone know if they stop serving the Christmas themed food at quick service on the 6th, when the holiday season officially ends, or the 10th which seems to be the last day before they take decorations down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter