• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join the club! I want dates, I want times, I want my traditional Disney Christmas! Bring on the parade, carol singers in the lobby of the grand, garland overhanging main street, snow and lights on the castle, snow after fireworks, I WANT MY OLD FASHION CHRISTMAS TIME BACK!!!!!!!! :P

Join the club! I want dates, I want times, I want my traditional Disney Christmas! Bring on the parade, carol singers in the lobby of the grand, garland overhanging main street, snow and lights on the castle, snow after fireworks, I WANT MY OLD FASHION CHRISTMAS TIME BACK!!!!!!!! :P

I want all of it too! But don't hold your breath on the garland. I think the PTN floats are too high to fit under it. I just can't imagine Christmas in DL without it though (we did Halloween last year so missed Christmas).

We did Halloween last year too, and as soon as we got back my wife told me to start planning for Christmas this year because she missed it so much. I heard about the issues with the PTN floats and it makes me sad, but I do love that parade. I guess I kind of hoped they might stop PTN during the holidays and do the Christmas parade 2 times a day to make up for it? I can always dream!

We are planning our very first trip to Disneyland during the Christmas season! We have been for Halloween and several spring trips, but this will be our first time experiencing Disney at Christmastime. I am beyond excited! We will also be purchasing APs for the first time on this trip.

I am trying to decide between two weeks, November 27th- December 2nd or December 4th-9th. Would one week be better than the other? They seem pretty similar crowd-wise, judging by the crowd calendars I checked. I'm not sure how accurate those are though.

Just confirmed our reservation at the VGC for Nov 27th - Dec 2nd. I am not a dvc member but my old friend is and she booked this for us. (if I told you how much she is charging us you would not believe it!) We are staying in a one bedroom villa, and we are SO excited! Come on Christmas, get here already! :santa:

I'm looking to go for the holidays this year. I'm looking at November currently. I see there is a marathon the 10th-13th. Any advice as to whether it'd be better to go before or after?? And if I chooss dates during the first two weeks of November, I know I'll catch haunted mansion, but will small world be open back up yet?

I'm looking to go for the holidays this year. I'm looking at November currently. I see there is a marathon the 10th-13th. Any advice as to whether it'd be better to go before or after?? And if I chooss dates during the first two weeks of November, I know I'll catch haunted mansion, but will small world be open back up yet?

we were there from the Friday of the marathon weekend until the following friday last year. Fri/Sat/Sun were definitely more crowded. We spent Mon/Tues in San Diego, so I don't know what DLR was like. Wed/Thurs after the marathon at DLR were pretty empty.

DH and I are both running races that weekend this year. We're either going to go the monday before until the monday after, or the wednesday before until the wednesday after. It's going to depend on when they start the holiday season, as there's some things we want to see this year that we missed last year (like Viva Navidad!)

We are planning our very first trip to Disneyland during the Christmas season! We have been for Halloween and several spring trips, but this will be our first time experiencing Disney at Christmastime. I am beyond excited! We will also be purchasing APs for the first time on this trip.

I am trying to decide between two weeks, November 27th- December 2nd or December 4th-9th. Would one week be better than the other? They seem pretty similar crowd-wise, judging by the crowd calendars I checked. I'm not sure how accurate those are though.
The cl on tp is all messed up with the 60th coming and now going lol if it were me I'd go the 4-9 because the earlier dates are so close to Thanksgiving people will still be there. The Dec dates are all busy but that "should" be a lull before kids get out for vacation again (we are also going during that time)

Just reserved the 9-15th at the Best Western directly across from Disneyland! I was really wanting to go back a second trip before my pass expires in January, and since my birthday is the 13th I thought it was perfect. Beyond excited!
We are trying to decide between BWPPI and DIS for the 5-14 so we may be neighbors! Hurry up Dec lol

I booked the Hojo the weekend before TG! SOOOOOOOooooooooooo Excited!! We are debating one or two park days, ticket prices are hard to swallow since we are used to having AP's (but no longer do). But, we figure it's our tradition. Looking forward to seeing what is new this year for the holidays! =)

Hi Sherry! :wave2:

We booked Hojos for Dec 6 to 10, its going to be a very different trip this year. Typically we have APs and go over Candlelight weekend. This will be my first time missing it in a few years. And no APs, either!

When do they take the Christmas decorations down? I would think it would be January 6th, because then it would be the weekend. We're planning a trip after Christmas and have never gone that late in the season. Getting pretty excited!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter