Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sending love to @Sherry E as well and excited for her return. Just not the same without her!

I just got a call from Disney; basically acknowledging the email I sent them regarding my disappointment over the late release of the schedule and Paint the Night, etc. it was not a "complaining" email. I was very nice and understanding, just offering some feedback that it was hard to plan a trip without a schedule. Anyways, the CM was very sweet and he asked for my address. I'm wondering if that's for "guest book" purposes or if they're sending me something?? I fantasized about them sending paint the night down my street!! Hahaha!!! Wishful thinking :)

Hope you get something fun!! I too sent a polite "comment" email but haven't heard back yet.
I'm going crazy checking the calender over and over hoping for something...definition of insane right!?! Ha! Its mind boggling that the kickoff is around the corner....and no info!! :crazy2::faint:

I noticed PtN on the schedule for Dec 9th. Called disney dining and there's no dinner packages. Any speculation if they might add them closer to then?

I noticed PtN on the schedule for Dec 9th. Called disney dining and there's no dinner packages. Any speculation if they might add them closer to then?

I have that page open on my desktop now and am stalking the site hoping for one. We'll be there the first 2 nights it's back so I expect it to be crazy, so I'd like to consider a dining option.

Sending love to @Sherry E as well and excited for her return. Just not the same without her!

Hope you get something fun!! I too sent a polite "comment" email but haven't heard back yet.
I'm going crazy checking the calender over and over hoping for something...definition of insane right!?! Ha! Its mind boggling that the kickoff is around the corner....and no info!! :crazy2::faint:

I've realized that the marathon is probably one of the reasons for PtN not showing over that first weekend. I guess they are taking the runners backstage and there's probably not room for the parade and the runners, or something along those lines.

I've realized that the marathon is probably one of the reasons for PtN not showing over that first weekend. I guess they are taking the runners backstage and there's probably not room for the parade and the runners, or something along those lines.

You know, I considered the fact that the race would make it busier and wondered why they weren't running PTN. I hadn't even considered the need for backstage space might be part of the reason it wasn't running. :scratchin

Well that would make sense...still disappointed...but makes sense.
Still confused why no info on the schedule about the Festival of Holidays food and wine event or the holiday version of WOC and its wierd that the holiday parade is only running during the day?

They ran the marathon with Paint the Night last year without a problem...

Times for my dates are finally available and the entertainment schedule is odd, to say the least!

PtN is showing at 9pm & 11pm and the fireworks are at...7pm? Huh??

Maybe there will be an evening showing of the Christmas parade? Although no additional times are listed.

It feels like Disney is doing this just to mess with us!

Well, duh me. Of course they did.

Now I'm back to just plain perplexed again.

And still wondering why there are no evening showings of the Christmas parade. I went over the entertainment schedule with my daughter yesterday for our days and that's the first thing she asked.

Times for my dates are finally available and the entertainment schedule is odd, to say the least!

PtN is showing at 9pm & 11pm and the fireworks are at...7pm? Huh??

Maybe there will be an evening showing of the Christmas parade? Although no additional times are listed.

It feels like Disney is doing this just to mess with us!

I saw that too, so weird! I'm curious why fireworks are so early. This waiting is driving me nuts.

I saw that too, so weird! I'm curious why fireworks are so early. This waiting is driving me nuts.

For the life of me, I still haven't figured out why the parade is showing at 10:30 AM on 11/16. I started a thread about it and someone suggested maybe it just had to do with where they needed parades to be stored at certain times of the day but I'd sure like to know the actual story.

Some of this stuff just makes no sense at all!

For the life of me, I still haven't figured out why the parade is showing at 10:30 AM on 11/16. I started a thread about it and someone suggested maybe it just had to do with where they needed parades to be stored at certain times of the day but I'd sure like to know the actual story.

Hopefully we find out soon! On a side note....love your Marie pics! Where did you meet her? I've never seen her in the parks and would like to

That would make me think potential parade taping, since they are doing the parade at DL this year and the shows at WDW...but it would be nice if Disney would confirm or deny that already!

Hopefully we find out soon! On a side note....love your Marie pics! Where did you meet her? I've never seen her in the parks and would like to

Thanks! Marie is my daughter's favorite Disney character. She used to meet in Epcot, then moved to the MK for a while, but alas is even gone from there now. She is not meetable at any of the US parks right now, much to our disappointment.

That would make me think potential parade taping, since they are doing the parade at DL this year and the shows at WDW...but it would be nice if Disney would confirm or deny that already!

That was my initial fear, and until I hear something definite to the contrary, I still worry about that a bit. But someone said they had seen a call for dancers for the 5th and 6th and assumed it would be then. Who knows. But when they parade tape, I don't think they put it on the entertainment calendar as an actual parade. Could be wrong though. It's scheduled twice that day, just earlier than usual.

I'm pretty sure they recently stopped having Marie in the parks...(or did they bring her back?)

Nope, not back. :sad:

Thanks! Marie is my daughter's favorite Disney character. She used to meet in Epcot, then moved to the MK for a while, but alas is even gone from there now. She is not meetable at any of the US parks right now, much to our disappointment.

That was my initial fear, and until I hear something definite to the contrary, I still worry about that a bit. But someone said they had seen a call for dancers for the 5th and 6th and assumed it would be then. Who knows. But when they parade tape, I don't think they put it on the entertainment calendar as an actual parade. Could be wrong though. It's scheduled twice that day, just earlier than usual.

Nope, not back. :sad:

Sad

Hmm..maybe they're going to close the park early for a private party, so they moved the schedule up? Also something that would be quite crappy without putting those park hours out now...

Are there bigger crowds on parade taping days?

They changed the route though this year. There was a park blog about it. I don't know exactly how they changed it since I know nothing about the races, but it said "more time in the park, including back stage".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter