Disneyland Diamond Celebration June exercise challenge -- making dreams come true minute by minute!

I ran a 5k this morning and made a PR of 30:32! Had my hubby and toddler with me and we played before and after. So on my feet for probably 90 min.
Ooof I'm tired but feeling proud.

Congratulations on a great PR! :yay:

Home from vacation and trying to recover. I have three more days of 60 minutes each, we walked from 10-15 miles a day in the sweltering heat. Planning a fall trip next year so we can enjoy the parks without sweating.

Hope it is a soft landing back to reality. :flower3:

good day today. a morning walk/run with my youngest, who is interested in taking up running.

and a good evening walk.

You can do it! :cheer2: Nice to have a kiddo catching the fitness bug, too. ::yes::

15 minutes of yoga from Thursday, 55 minutes of walking today. Two busy days have gotten me off the yoga schedule, but I'll try to get back on track tomorrow.

Kudos to you to keep adding even when you are busy and at goal! :thumbsup2

Today's workout was a balance(haha, my balance abilities are a joke!) routine and a chair work out(which made me feel silly but it was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be).

1100/1100 :flower1:

Yep, it's amazing what you find out when you start working on balance. :rotfl:

I have added a few minutes, but have not been as active as I had originally hoped for...

You're doing great especially since you were on vacation half the month and got sidelined by an injury. :goodvibes

10 minutes walking brings me to 1380/1000.

BRB with our updated numbers.

Congratulations to the Disneyland Diamond Celebration TEAM for turning Sleeping Beauty Castle Pink! :yay:

I love how everyone is determined to finish strong and keeps knocking minutes off their goal! :love:

Lots of color changing going on too. :rainbow:

Please join me in congratulating
jmaussies and galaxygirl76 who both turned Peter Pan Flight Green!

Also join me in congratulating roxymama who turned Disneyland Firehouse Red!

And join me in congratulating Flossbolna who turned Sleeping Beauty Castle Pink!

Today let's talk about something that returned to Disneyland just in time for the Disneyland Diamond Celebration
DSC_5045.jpg

The Hatbox Ghost at Disneyland Haunted Mansion! The Haunted Mansion opens it's doors for the first time on August 9, 1969 six years after construction of the facade had been completed in 1963. The Haunted Mansions boasts 999 happy haunts, but were there 1,000 haunts when it first opened? If you were lucky enough to ride the Haunted Mansion in 1969, you may have seen a ghost whose stay in the mansion was brief: the infamous Hatbox Ghost. Ol' Hatty would have lived in the attic, and was positioned just right of the exit of the attic (the Bride was originally where the phantom piano player is located today). The effect was that his head would disappear and then re-appear inside of the hatbox he was holding, while his cane holding hand trembled. He didn't stay long as the effect didn't work as well as Imagineers had hoped. But he was part of merchandising in the 1960's and became a legend. He's returned now and rumor is that this character will figure prominently in the new Haunted Mansion movie. :hmghost:

Today was an active day and I finally managed to do a DVD workout and added some stretching. So, I am up to:

5525/600!

Not sure how much more time I get in tomorrow and on Tuesday as both days are very busy for me. We will see! But I am happy that the month has not been a total failure!

I did my first ever kettlebell workout today. I don't own any kettlebells yet, but used my heaviest dumbbell instead for now and managed to make it work. That was followed by a HITT cardio workout, which was tough but I noticed that certain things are getting easier now(burpees, jogging in place, high knees).

1160/1100

50 minutes since my last post. One day was a bust, but I walked twice, and did a Pilates routine on TV once. This lands me at 425/450, so if I stay on track today and tomorrow, I'll make my goal. :)

It sounds like everyone is doing a great job! Congrats to all the recent color-changers, and I'm really looking forward to the Disney birthday celebrations next month.

So many awesome posts from Sunday! It's crazy!

I did a run in the pouring rain. It was my first training run in a long time and despite the rain and cooler temps (think low 50s) it was kinda fun, leaping over puddles with a single bound, having people look at my like I'm insane and I had the trail section all to myself! I also did a bit of yoga to stretch out.

72 minutes

1805/2000

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter