Disneyland Girls Only Trip thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it cools down before our Mini-meet weekend--it is HOT here today!

I think that sounds great! Thanks for taking the lead on that.

I am going to be working a lot this weekend so I can go to DLR NEXT weekend--Kate are you going to the DVC event? If so, which night? I'm scheduled for Sunday--and decided to go and stay Sat. and Sun. night and just play and do things I've been wanting to do (like the animation studio drawing thingie and hopefully see Golden Dreams movie again before it closes). Haven't decided whether to take DBF or not (haven't even told him about it)--can anyone tell I'm ambivalent about that whole situation????? It would be fun to have him there in some ways but in others . . . . . not. Isn't that awful?

No problem :thumbsup2 .

Yes, I'll be there that weekend. I've actually scheduled 2 nights at the DVC event (Sat & Sun), but I'll probably cancel one. I scheduled 2 nights because my sister & BIL wanted to go with me one night & I was going to take Michelle/Zoemakes5 the other night. However, my guide said that the Expo is an all day thing for members & non-members, but the reception at 7pm is geared for members and non-members wouldn't really understand what is going on :confused3 . I don't know what that means, but I'm going to check with my sister & Michelle and see if they still want to attend. Otherwise, I'll probably only go Sat. night.

Oh and I completly understand what you are saying about your DBF. My DH rarely goes anywhere with us. Sometimes he's fun, but the majority of the time he's.....not :rolleyes1 . So I choose to leave him behind most of the time.

I'm sure it will be fine for everyone. I don't know where some of the ladies have been hiding. :confused3 But the reservations had to be made, so hopefully it will work for everyone.

I know it's good for me and I am super excited!!!! Thanks!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I've been talking to Michelle so I know she's fine with everything. But I hope everyone else shows up :rolleyes1 . If not, will just have a smallish party :woohoo: .

I hope it cools down before our Mini-meet weekend--it is HOT here today!
Ugh, is it? I hope so too. I think we had enough of the heat last time! :headache:

I've been talking to Michelle so I know she's fine with everything. But I hope everyone else shows up :rolleyes1 . If not, will just have a smallish party :woohoo: .
LOL I'm sure they will. I'm really eager to try the WCT. I've never eaten there.
The menu sounds really good.

Katie, how is Michelle? Tell her I said hi! :)

She's been MIA lately. Capri too. And a few others.....:confused:

Everyone must have gone out and found a life!! :eek: :sad2:

;)

Any of you AP holders going in October this year to the Mickey's Trick or Treat party??

AP holders can buy tickets now! :yay: I'll be going to the party for the first time. I've done Halloween at DL but never did the party. I'm excited. Now I just need to pick a day..........

Any of you AP holders going in October this year to the Mickey's Trick or Treat party??

AP holders can buy tickets now! :yay: I'll be going to the party for the first time. I've done Halloween at DL but never did the party. I'm excited. Now I just need to pick a day..........

I want to go too--but don't know when. I would really like to go on Halloween but will be flying that day to WDW!!!

So will probably need to go earlier in the month . . . . things will be too crazy towards the end.

Has anyone ever mailed their luggage to WDW? I think I read about someone doing that on another thread and am thinking it might be easier than dealing with luggage. or having to deal with overpacked luggage fees (because I will overpack).

I wish we could go this year.. We have done the past 2 years, and had a blast. But alas... No more Disney trips for us for a while. OH WELL. I dont know if I will even make the ladies only trip next year, but I am hoping. Dh just doesnt want to go back.. I guess we have over Disneyed him in the past year and a half. :lmao: :lmao:

I want to go too--but don't know when. I would really like to go on Halloween but will be flying that day to WDW!!!

So will probably need to go earlier in the month . . . . things will be too crazy towards the end.

Has anyone ever mailed their luggage to WDW? I think I read about someone doing that on another thread and am thinking it might be easier than dealing with luggage. or having to deal with overpacked luggage fees (because I will overpack).

I'm thinking of going on the 16th. I was going to go on the 10th, but there's no AP discount that day, and it's a Friday night so I'm worried it will be more crowded.

I've never even thought about mailing my luggage. I can see how it would be nice not to have to deal with it. Especially now when they've changed it to one checked bag per person, and then they get you with this fee and that fee. :rolleyes:

I wish we could go this year.. We have done the past 2 years, and had a blast. But alas... No more Disney trips for us for a while. OH WELL. I dont know if I will even make the ladies only trip next year, but I am hoping. Dh just doesnt want to go back.. I guess we have over Disneyed him in the past year and a half. :lmao: :lmao:

Over Disneyed???? There's no such thing!! ;) You can convince him about the ladies trip. I have faith in you. Just remember to pull out all the stops....:rolleyes1

When I saw that the Halloween tickets were on sale I was so excited! I yelled for DH that I had great news. :yay: :banana: :woohoo: When I told him he was like this: :rolleyes2

Maybe I was a little too excited. He might have thought we won some sweepstakes or something. :lmao:
Uh, nope sorry dear, just another opportunity to spend more money on something at Disney. :rotfl:

I've never even thought about mailing my luggage. I can see how it would be nice not to have to deal with it. Especially now when they've changed it to one checked bag per person, and then they get you with this fee and that fee. :rolleyes:

I've got to check into it more--mostly because my Mom will probably be in a wheelchair, and I don't know how I would handle her in a chair and luggage for both of us (we probably won't use Magical Express--I'm leaning towards renting a vehicle). I also have to check about rules for mailing shampoo and such--I know there will be restrictions on that too. Or maybe we'll just stop and get it on the way if we rent a car. So much to figure out . . .. .

Yep, there is lots to figure out. Lots of planning to do (some fun, some not), but it will all be worth it when you are there and having a great time!! :goodvibes

For all the ladies going to the June mini-meet, I made the ressie for Wine Country Trattoria for 7:20pm. That's the closest time to 7pm they had for indoor seating. I thought indoor seating would be best just in case it happens to still be hot.

Hope this works for everyone :thumbsup2 .

I hope everyone has a great weekend :woohoo: :woohoo: .

Thanks, Kate! This works great for us!:cool1:

Over Disneyed???? There's no such thing!! ;) You can convince him about the ladies trip. I have faith in you. Just remember to pull out all the stops....:rolleyes1

When I saw that the Halloween tickets were on sale I was so excited! I yelled for DH that I had great news. :yay: :banana: :woohoo: When I told him he was like this: :rolleyes2

Maybe I was a little too excited. He might have thought we won some sweepstakes or something. :lmao:
Uh, nope sorry dear, just another opportunity to spend more money on something at Disney. :rotfl:

:lmao: :lmao: Ill pull out the ole stripper shoes. ;)

I did that last year when they came out!:cool1: :cool1: I was super excited!! I love getting the little monsters all dressed up, and what a fantastic place to trick or treat! :thumbsup2 Here are my kids at last years.. We figured the skunk costume was fitting. :rolleyes1 :lmao: Alex is sideways... but trust me, he was a mighty menacing Power Ranger. :rotfl2:

P1010264.jpg

P1010265.jpg

Hi ladies...just a drive by posting to let you know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. My laptop cord got frayed and I don't have computer access at home. I'm over at Michelle's (who came with to a few events at DL) and she's letting me check a few things on the computer. Thanks Michelle!!

Anyway, WCT sounds fine. I'm still uncertain about bringing DD on 6/7 because she has a bday right in the middle of the day.

Dancing with the stars was fun. Katie is right, I would have rather been on the floor, but was more interested in not having to move seats and sitting together.

Steph, glad things are finally moving for you! I'm thinking about you.

All for now

Michelle

Megan, those pics are so great!! What fun costumes. I LOVE Halloween. Anyone who knows me will tell you I look forward to Halloween the way others count down to Christmas. :rotfl: So I am really excited to go. I think we'll end up being there on the 16th. Hopefully it won't be too crowded.

Michelle, good to see you. I was just wondering about you today. Sorry about your computer cord, but I'm glad you're doing alright.

Everyone must have gone out and found a life!! :eek: :sad2:
;)

Nope, some of us still haven't gone out and got a life, some of us were just busy with finals. Thank goodness I took my last two today. I have one more project to drop off next week, but other than that I am done. :woohoo:

I love the Halloween pictures! I think 1998 was the last time I was at DL for Halloween. Moving to Idaho definitely put a damper on my DL trips.:rolleyes:

Nope, some of us still haven't gone out and got a life, some of us were just busy with finals. Thank goodness I took my last two today. I have one more project to drop off next week, but other than that I am done. :woohoo:

Well, here's to being done!!! :banana: :cool1: :woohoo: :yay: :cheer2: :dance3:

Hi everyone!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their week end and staying cool. I was out running errands and it was definitely a warm one out there.

Hi all!

No life here either. I do have to check to see if I won the lottery on Friday night. I've been putting it off so I don't get all depressed when I lose like normal.:laughing: I could have all sorts of fun with $25 million.

I've got a long weekend and what's it doing right now...raining of course, and it's a lovely 9C. That might be low 50s for you guys. I could do the math but that would be work and I don't work on the weekends.

Have a great Sunday and I'll check back in later tonight.:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter