• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

I know we've moved on from pancakes, but I wanted to share that our local marathon is sponsored by Krusteaz and includes pancakes after the races. For the 5K they have elite runners dressed in pancake costumes, and if you beat the pancake you get a year's supply of pancake mix.
Krusteaz is the best mix!

Also I guess I should amend that last post with sometimes the route races have for us isn’t always ‘short’. It’s shorter than what we might have had to do normally. But it can still be a bit of a walk. Good example of this is MCM. We come in through the Rosslyn area though rather than taking the roundabout way the gen pop walk to the start. We cut down the hill that you usually go up to the finish. And then walk down the highway to the start. Fun fact we technically cross the start while lining up before we even start the race because we need to get behind the start line and this is the fastest easiest ways for wheels to accomplish that.

It’s admittedly shorter than the Pentagon entrance I’m pretty sure. But it’s still walk.

But that being said with how wide some of the streets are from the hotel to the start area. I’m really hoping they are planning something. While the width isn’t a problem heading over there. Considering the roads will be reopening I am less than enthusiastic about crossing them with a chair on the way back.

In past DL races, has there been such things as post-race beers, food trucks, merchandise tent, etc., as we usually get at WDW?
It’s been a hot minute so I could easily be wrong or just missed it but I feel like I don’t remember their being any before . But also the staging area they used before was smaller than the one they use in FL. And we’ll have to have a new staging area because of the new start/finish. So it’s possible that while we might not have had it in the past we will have one for this weekend.

It’s been a hot minute so I could easily be wrong or just missed it but I feel like I don’t remember their being any before . But also the staging area they used before was smaller than the one they use in FL. And we’ll have to have a new staging area because of the new start/finish. So it’s possible that while we might not have had it in the past we will have one for this weekend.

I remember there was a massage booth at the end of the 2015 DL Star Wars half!

I know they announced Small World will be closed race weekend, but will the lights on the facade be off right away as well? My kids just watched decorating Disney and got really excited when they saw it lit up.

Does anyone remember if it has been possible in the past to spectate the 5K at all? IIRC, in previous years it was mostly/entirely in the parks so I'm guessing it wasn't (yes I know that we don't have any idea what will happen this year). We have a non-runner who may be around Friday morning and wants to come out and cheer if that's an option.

Does anyone remember if it has been possible in the past to spectate the 5K at all? IIRC, in previous years it was mostly/entirely in the parks so I'm guessing it wasn't (yes I know that we don't have any idea what will happen this year). We have a non-runner who may be around Friday morning and wants to come out and cheer if that's an option.
Best place I can suggest for the 5k right now would be the esplanade. I could end up being wrong about this but most likely at some point were going to go from Disneyland to DCA. Which usually means crossing through their in some form. So your best spot would be somewhere around there. I know people have done it in the past at least.

As it is we should have course maps in the next couple of weeks so it will be easier to say for sure then. Since there's also a chance will go back stage to change parks. Old suggestions don't work as well without knowing the exact route or where the finish is. Because some of the old viewing spots don't work as well.

ETA: The main issue here is the old finish was in DTD. And we already know the 10k and Half aren't finishing there so I don't know where the 5k finish is there because it feels like a lot to set up the finish for one race. Because before you could have seen runners exiting DCA and turning to DTD in the 5k when they had park starts using the Tinkerbell 5k as a guide

Last edited:
They used to have a spectator package at DL, but not sure it included the 5K. My mom and aunt bought it to be inside the park when I did the Tink Half in 2017.

They used to have a spectator package at DL, but not sure it included the 5K. My mom and aunt bought it to be inside the park when I did the Tink Half in 2017.
They used to also have one for WDW also but that hasn’t come back since COVID at the latest. So I wouldn’t expect it for this.

Depending on how they handle things you might be able to use the Toy Story shuttles after to get over there. But it won’t be as convenient as it would have been with a DTD finish.
Thank you for that. One thing that might be possible with the new start and finish line is characters. That would have been a mess with the old staging area being so much smaller and being very close to hotel guests and park guests. But I'm not thinking that will happen until it actually happens.

Finally got the reply from runDisney. No shuttles period. Basically if you have a car you can park over at Toy Story otherwise have fun with that 3 mile round trip. /s

(Don’t mind me I’m not in the best mood in general. I lost my Facebook account overnight from hackers and already having to deal with people mistakenly barring me because they won’t take two minutes to read the appropriate post. 15 years of memories down the drain.)

I get that they probably moved it because of size restriction in hindsight. But it really is an interesting choice to not do anything with the mega expensive hotels.

I hope the rectangle is for the Marathon Weekend track, I agree my first thought was license plate. I don't hate them, but I am definitely underwhelmed. They're so simple they look less premium than the regular medals. But I suppose, we don't pay anything extra for them, technically speaking :laughing: They're just a little bland, lots of empty space on them without any texture or color. It looks like the castles spin? That's cute at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter