• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

That is understandable... if I had a bunch of the old ones I would want some variety too.
Yeah like to be clear I liked the old medal design. I would have been fine getting it back again. But I don’t mind the new design.

And who knows maybe if enough people express a dislike they’ll go back to a design closer to the original in 25

Yeah I definitely expected more differences between them since they emphasized that the track one would be special and only available in 2024. I was kind of liking them until someone said they felt like they were "giving truck stop magnet" and now I can't unsee that. Curious which one is which. I kind of like the round one better.

Yeah I definitely expected more differences between them since they emphasized that the track one would be special and only available in 2024. I was kind of liking them until someone said they felt like they were "giving truck stop magnet" and now I can't unsee that. Curious which one is which. I kind of like the round one better.
I think the round one is MW/DL and the rectangle is DL/whatever because (if I’m not mistaken) the round has Cinderella Castle on the left and Sleeping Beauty Castle on the right, and the rectangle is the other way around.

I think the round one is MW/DL and the rectangle is DL/whatever because (if I’m not mistaken) the round has Cinderella Castle on the left and Sleeping Beauty Castle on the right, and the rectangle is the other way around.
This makes sense, until you said this I was like “so why exactly are we doing two medals here?”

Was WAY off in my thinking, I thought they’d do something similar to the old CTC medals, with the first “special” one having extra pop (as i mentioned before, 100th theming).

I guess I’m in the minority in liking them. The first one reminds me almost of a liscense plate for some reason. Though I wish they had said which medal was going to what challenge
I'm underwhelmed. After they got the medal designs pretty much right for all the races this year for me, I guess my expectations were too high especially when compared to the iconic 2017 10th Anniversary Coast to Coast with both castles and the Partners statue.
I think the opposite. The rectangular one has the outlines of both California and Florida on it along with both Walt Disney World and Disneyland on it. To my way of thinking that makes more sense for the one week Coast to Coast track. Plus they showed the rectangular one first and it's the first one available.

At least I hope so. I do like both states on the rectangular one and the name of both resorts.

I think the opposite. The rectangular one has the outlines of both California and Florida on it along with both Walt Disney World and Disneyland on it. To my way of thinking that makes more sense for the one week Coast to Coast track. Plus they showed the rectangular one first and it's the first one available.

At least I hope so. I do like both states on the rectangular one and the name of both resorts.
Well, one of us is definitely right 😁😁

I have two thoughts about the C2C medals. It could it be the medals are resort specific. The first will be given at WDW, the second at DLR. Or, it could be associated with the Track 1/Track 2 system for earning the medal.

Last edited:
I don't mind the C2C medals. They aren't my favorite ever, but I don't hate them. Just happy to be able to earn one of them (whichever it is lol) this year!
That is exactly how I feel - yes, I'd prefer one of the classic ones but I'm happy with these. Hoping the rectangular one is the one for the MW/ DLH track. I've been wanting to do C2C for so long that I'm just happy to finally be able to do it!

I have two thoughts about the C2C medals. It could it be the medals are resort specific. The first will be given at WDW, the second at DLR. Or, it could be associated with the Track 1/Track 2 system for earning the medal.
The top more detailed one is track one MW/DL
The bottom one is track two
MW/Halloween
DL/Princess
Princess/Halloween
DL/Springtime
Springtime/Halloween
DL/WD
Halloween/WD

Parking
All athlete and spectator parking will be at the Toy Story Parking Lot. Daily parking rates will apply. Participants must arrive to the Toy Story Parking Lot on Saturday, January 13th, by 4:00am.

Rideshare Information
All Guests are encouraged to use app-based rideshare services throughout race weekend (such as UBER and Lyft). Drop-off locations for this event are being determined and will be shared at a future date.

Local Transportation
Participants and spectators are encouraged to use the Anaheim Transportation Network (ATN) for transportation to and from race events. All ATN services, information, and passes can be found on the A-Way WeGo app.
*Please note that clicking the Digital Expo offers from our sponsors and third party Expo participants will take you away from runDisney-Expo.run, where different Terms of Use and Privacy Policy apply. By proceeding, you agree and understand that runDisney is not responsible for the sites you are about to access and is not responsible for any offers or sales made on those sites.

See below for the different types of transportation offered via the Anaheim Transportation Network:
  • ART – Anaheim Regional Transit (public transportation service offered throughout the greater Anaheim region)
  • FRAN – Free Rides Around the Neighborhood (free on-demand neighborhood micro transit service for center city area and 5 mile radius)
  • EVE – Everyone Ventures Everywhere (on-demand transportation service that provides transportation from the Orange County SNA Airport to common destinations)

The ART shuttles will operate all Market Routes (from area hotels to the Disneyland® Resort esplanade) starting at 3:00AM each race day. Guests wishing to use the ART shuttles will need to purchase passes via the app.

Please refer to the Transportation page for additional information on driving to and around the Disneyland® Resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter