Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

Have a couple of questions. Missed out on registration for myself, sister, mum and dad. Mum’s the most upset cuz she’s the biggest runner of all of us.

I’ve seen mention that they periodically open up registrations after the initial day of registrations. Is there a way to track this accurately, aside from twitter? I’ve turned on notifications for some accounts mentioned here.
The twitter/telegram option is your best bet. Or just randomly checking. ALSO, sometimes it'll show that you can register, but when you click the "register now" button it'll tell you it's sold out. This is a glitch thing, or it's already sold out and the website hasn't caught up yet.
In conjunction with this, should registrations open up, is there a way to pre-fill details so as to have a better chance at registering?
Yes, but also, no. You can have something open somewhere on your device all the time that has everything so you can copy/paste it in if you manage to get in when a space opens up. Some of the items are editable after you register (for example, don't worry about POT, as you can go back and change that, just pick one of the finish times and keep going.) There are a lot of tips in the post about registration and DopeyBadger has a good breakdown of what you can go back in and change and what you cannot.
If I’m intending on signing myself and 3 family members up, would I need to wait for 4 spots for the Dumbo Challenge to open, or could I do one each individually as they open up?
With how fast these spots go, individually. AND, it's entirely possible that you will fill everything out, click submit or pay or whatever button it is, and NOT get the registration (and sometimes your card will have a temporary charge, but no confirmation email = no registration and that charge will disappear in a couple of days. And while it's not impossible, the odds are not in your favor to get 4 people signed up. Usually there are very few spots actually available when things re-open, and you are competing with a lot of other people. If it's an all-or-none of you run type of situation, I don't have any advice. If your group is OK with just 1 or 2 of you running, prioritize those 1 or 2 people. ALL of the races selling out in under an hour hasn't been the norm historically, but since it's the first year back things are kind of crazy.
I was trying to sign up from Australia, and was wondering if this would have had any effect on registration as well. I have a U.S. address and phone number I’m able to use.

Any and all answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated. Would love to be able to get my Mum running these races!

I am honestly so upset right now. I got stuck in the login loop. This happened to me for princess too and I talked to Rd and was told it was fixed. Then when my other device was at the front of the queue I enter everything, go to checkout and somehow it puts the wrong address in the cc field (I know this wasn't on my end as I didn't have the card when I lived their 5 years ago, and I deleted that address from everything). Go back and fix, then payment won't go through. I click it multiple times, get charged multiple times. Then everything is sold out.

Try to email rd and it won't go through. Call them. Oh they can't help over the phone only email can help but all email circuits are currently full.

I was traveling with others who got in. Im so upset. I know it's 'just a race' but seriously do better. Looking for a charity spot but not feeling hopeful.

I got shut out due to glitches too. I even have a pending charge on my credit card, to add insult to injury.

For some reason, it kept autofilling my address with an address I haven't lived at since 2011. I have no idea HOW this address is STILL associated with my Disney account. It's unreal. I had to fix this every time my screen glitched and I had to start my registration over, among other issues I had with drop down menus and radio buttons not working properly.

I'm so done with Disney IT. And Run Disney, honestly. They have needed to do better with registration for YEARS and they have only made it worse. I never want to give them my money again.

I have a good rate at the Anaheim Marriott and now the rates are crazy. But I don’t have a registration! I’m going to hold it until I know 100% I’m not going. Going to remain optimistic :)
I called Disneyland Hotel and was quoted $525/night for single occupancy standard view. Someone else told me they only had premium view available for rooms with two queens (4 guests). I wonder if more rooms will open up later?

I called Disneyland Hotel and was quoted $525/night for single occupancy standard view. Someone else told me they only had premium view available for rooms with two queens (4 guests). I wonder if more rooms will open up later?
Might have some cancellations with people being unable to register too. But I do think things will open up, I just don't believe that hotels would be booked this much due to the race weekend.

Do you know the paradise pier rate?

Wow I'm glad I booked last week once I got legacy reg in. Because I got standard view with 2 queen beds in a wheelchair room.

Guess a lot of people pre emptively booked. Keep checking hopefully something opens up for you

Man hotel prices... are still crazy.
I booked Howard Johnson refundable rate my wallet hurts and that was a reasonable price.
Ditto. I booked the Castle Inn because it was a bit better than the Howard Johnson, but all the hotels seem very expensive for that weekend.

Any of the Disneyland experts have anywhere else they might recommend?

I’m splurging and booked the GC. DVC rates have apparently been booked out for weeks somehow, so I wasn’t able to rent any.

I should have the first post updated with everyone's registration. If you don't see yours up there, and you'd like for me to add it, just shoot a post here, or hit me with a DM.

I also think everyone should be in alphabetical order, though I've been known to flip letters for no apparent reason (what to you mean i is before o?)

I should have the first post updated with everyone's registration. If you don't see yours up there, and you'd like for me to add it, just shoot a post here, or hit me with a DM.

I also think everyone should be in alphabetical order, though I've been known to flip letters for no apparent reason (what to you mean i is before o?)
First off, thanks so much for organizing this! :)

For some reason, I don't seem to be able to see your profile to be able to DM you, but could you take me off the 5k list and add an asterisk next to my name on the Dumbo Double Dare list (C2C hopefuls)?

Thanks so much for organizing! I'm in for the DDD (and will go for the C2C later in the year).
Small number of rooms, and people have been walking them for weeks.
Guilty--although not for weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter