Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

First off, thanks so much for organizing this! :)

For some reason, I don't seem to be able to see your profile to be able to DM you, but could you take me off the 5k list and add an asterisk next to my name on the Dumbo Double Dare list (C2C hopefuls)?

Oh, you're very welcome! It's been fun so far. Stressful today, but fun.

I took you off the 5k and added you as a C2C challenger!

Thanks so much for organizing! I'm in for the DDD (and will go for the C2C later in the year).

Guilty--although not for weeks.

You're welcome! I added you in for the DDD.

I'll admit, a friend of mine was walking an AKV 1BR value for me for about 6 weeks for MW 2024. So I have no room to complain about how it's done.

This is why I like being an OKW owner, I never need to walk anything at WDW and typically studios are open until the 7 month mark if I decide to book something "late"...

I should have the first post updated with everyone's registration. If you don't see yours up there, and you'd like for me to add it, just shoot a post here, or hit me with a DM.

I also think everyone should be in alphabetical order, though I've been known to flip letters for no apparent reason (what to you mean i is before o?)
Sorry, I did get registered this morning but had to run out the door as soon as I got registered so I didn’t get to post it. I am in for the DDD Challenge, 5K, and got my son in the kids race. The only issue I had registering was on the DDD it would not let me pick a shirt size so I skipped it and then it made me go back twice to select a shirt size and only on the second time were there sizes to select from.

See y’all at the start lines!

Last edited:
What a stressful morning! But so happy I got in for the Dumbo Double Dare! My first runDisney race was the Dumbo Double Dare in 2014 -- it was also my first 10k AND first Half Marathon and I was under-trained to say the least. I am very excited to be coming back to where my love for runDisney started. <3

So, I got the 10k fairly quickly, and then managed to register my wife and I for the 5k as well. Yoga was gone by the time we tried for it. I've been sitting on a hotel room at the Hyatt for several weeks in hopes of getting into the 10k or half... and so this is all working out!. Now to book flights which aren't crazy expensive.

I'm surprised how different the demand is for this event than those at WDW. I'm doing the Springtime Surprise 10k which I'd gotten in the land rush the first morning of registration, though we missed the 5k cause it sold out mad fast. On a whim decided maybe a month ago to maybe do the 10 miler... and it was still open?! I'm so used to the shorter races going first with the longer ones later, and the challenge last. It's a bit hard to adjust.

Last edited:
So, I got the 10k fairly quickly, and then managed to register my wife and I for the 5k as well. Yoga was gone by the time we tried for it. I've been sitting on a hotel room at the Hyatt for several weeks in hopes of getting into the 10k or half... and so this is all working out!. Now to book flights which aren't crazy expensive.

I'm surprised how different the demand is for this event than those at WDW. I'm doing the Springtime Surprise 10k which I'd gotten in the land rush the first morning of registration, though we missed the 5k cause it sold out mad fast. On a whim decided maybe a month ago to maybe do the 10 miler... and it was still open?! I'm so used to the shorter races going first with the longer ones later, and the challenge last. It's a bit hard to adjust.
All WDW races have been selling out pretty close to this fast, at least same day, except the 10 miler.

I'm wondering why I never got a confirmation email for my registration, oh well not worried about it though.

All WDW races have been selling out pretty close to this fast, at least same day, except the 10 miler.
That has been true lately - but still I was surprised to see the DDD go first.

The 10 miler is a weird distance, I wonder if that has something to do with it.

That weekend has always been a hard sell due to a) it not necessarily overlapping with school spring breaks, but being fairly close to Easter b) it being a really high points chart season for DVC (whom I suspect make up a significant portion of repeat rundisney participants) c) not really having a consistently beloved theme and d) taking place in Florida during a hot and humid month.

Could be, but I think it is more of when the dates fall, being right after Easter. With the longest distance usually having more bibs available than shorter distances and some people maybe not wanting to run that far, I think all led to that.
Though the 10 miler took a long time to sell out last year also, I registered for it in January 2022 for last April.

I find the challenges typically go faster than the single longest distance, but usually take longer then the 5K and 10K.

That weekend has always been a hard sell due to a) it not necessarily overlapping with school spring breaks, but being fairly close to Easter b) it being a really high points chart season for DVC (whom I suspect make up a significant portion of repeat rundisney participants) c) not really having a consistently beloved theme and d) taking place in Florida during a hot and humid month.
Agree with all of this but particularly as it relates to the theme, seemed to have a muted reaction compared to other recent events.

@nekonekoneko - could you add me to the first page please for Half Marathon? Thanks for running this thread. It has been invaluable!

@Poohverine - I'm pretty sure I got in using the queue that you posted....and then after I used yours to register, my queue had 3 minutes left so I posted it to try to help someone else. Thank you!!!

Despite some glitches, I am excited and somewhat scared to say I'll be running the half marathon and my husband will be running the 10k. He runs a 10k every other day....I've only run a half marathon once. EEEK!!!! Now I need to figure out how/when to train for this! I feel like a horrible mother because I didn't think to register my son for the Kid Race until it was already sold out.

Yesterday I received confirmation for the DL half from the charity I did Princess with last year (and next week!). I have never been to DL, so I am very excited but nervous about all the planning. I have a reservation at the Anaheim Camelot Inn and Suites for now. Less than $300 per night. When I called DVC today, the cast member told me that availability for the DL hotels has not opened up yet for those dates. Hoping to get a room with points to save some money.

Last edited:
I should have the first post updated with everyone's registration. If you don't see yours up there, and you'd like for me to add it, just shoot a post here, or hit me with a DM.

I also think everyone should be in alphabetical order, though I've been known to flip letters for no apparent reason (what to you mean i is before o?)
Hi - can't DM you, can you put me down for Dumbo Double Dare? Thanks!

I was able to register me and my friend for the 5k and 10k this morning. I did the Food & Wine 5k in 2018 and my friend did the same 5k plus the Princess Half in 2020. We're really excited to try the runs at Disneyland since that's our home park and we never got the chance before they stopped doing them originally. We both pre-purchased merch today since we don't want to worry about grabbing certain things at the expo since those are usually crazy busy. And we decided to splurge and stay at the GCH since it'll just be the two of us, we're leaving our husbands and kids at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter