Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend September 4-6, 2015 10th Anniversary

Yikes, that's fast. So looks like we will have to register on the regular day since i won't have made up my mind yet. if we do go, I am going to have to register 3 people for the half, two people for the 10k and 1 for the kids races. With so many different registrations am i going to be able to even get all of us in? Can i do one big "order" for the whole family, or will i have to register each person seperatly?

Unfortunately you have to do each one separately. I had 4 people to register for the 10k and 3 to register for the 5k last year. They really do need to look at starting a group registration so that you don't have to risk one person missing out. I just made it through with all of them, but I had prioritised my entries so that the person who would have been most devastated to miss out was least likely to.

If you can get someone to help you it would be worth it (I can't because registration is at 4am for me with the time difference). Are you doing Dumbo or just separate entries for the 10k and the half? Last year Dumbo sold out quickest (within about half an hour I think), followed by the 10k (within an hour). I *think* the half and the 5k sold out in the first day, but not sure which one was first or how many hours it took. Kids races I don't know about. Based on that, I would probably do your 10k entries first, then your half. Having said that, it's an anniversary year for the half, so it may sell out particularly fast.

One day I'd like to do all 3 events. But not this time around. I'm taking a break from the DL half after this year to hopefully run some more non-Disney races and to save up for my first attempt at the full in WDW. I'm only doing this one because it's the 10th anniversary! Maybe I'll try it for Tink next year since that will be the 5th anniversary of Tink.

It's not too bad as long as you take it easy. I might just stick w/ the 5k on Tink after this year so long as the course stays the same. I say that now but we'll see.

Will there be a link on the rundisney page for the AP registration? Is it at active.com? Just trying to figure out what page I should have open tomorrow!

I would be logged into active on a separate site and if you go onto the reg page on the rD DL 1/2 site there is a link for WDW and DL passholders. You log into your account and the link is there. Just to be safe I make sure I have every site I think I might need up, up.

Yikes, that's fast. So looks like we will have to register on the regular day since i won't have made up my mind yet. if we do go, I am going to have to register 3 people for the half, two people for the 10k and 1 for the kids races. With so many different registrations am i going to be able to even get all of us in? Can i do one big "order" for the whole family, or will i have to register each person seperatly?

Unfortunately you have to register everybody separately. W/ that many registrations it could sell out before everything gets done. Is there anyone who can help you out on all the regs? Oh, are any of the 10k runners doing the 1/2 too? Registering them as DDD would be faster and easier.

Thanks for the responses everyone. One of the 10km would be a DDD. I can get my dad and DH to help with the registrations to make it easier.

DH and I have decided to do our very first 10k....so please wish me luck with the registration. I'm a bit confused on how it will work, I have only done the AP registration for the kids races before and those generally do not sell out within minutes from what I have seen. Good luck to everyone else as well. So looking forward to sharing it all with other DIS folks :goodvibes

I see no link for the AP registration. runDisney says to visit the DL AP site and the DL AP site says the link will be on runDisney. Any way around this?

I see no link for the AP registration. runDisney says to visit the DL AP site and the DL AP site says the link will be on runDisney. Any way around this? Thanks :)

It doesn't open until 9 am pacific time so you won't see it yet

Only a couple more minutes!

Thanks for the responses everyone. One of the 10km would be a DDD. I can get my dad and DH to help with the registrations to make it easier.

Glad you have additional people to make it a lithe easier. It's hard to register a whole family for these things, they can sell out so gosh darn fast.

DH and I have decided to do our very first 10k....so please wish me luck with the registration. I'm a bit confused on how it will work, I have only done the AP registration for the kids races before and those generally do not sell out within minutes from what I have seen. Good luck to everyone else as well. So looking forward to sharing it all with other DIS folks :goodvibes

Good luck! Since you're ready to go right now you should be able to get both of you in. Just have all your information handy. The good news is if for some reason you can only get one this morning, there is still general registration in 2 weeks.

Keep refreshing at about 8:55 on, they opened Tinkerbell a few minutes early last August.

I remember that! I thought I was going crazy, lol.

Wow, didn't have this kind of trouble last year. Everything is so jammed, the sites aren't even working at all :(

I'm in for all 3!! :yay::yay: No problems w/ delays or anything, nice and smooth. 5k timing was broken down into single minutes now. My credit card is hating me, but I'm happy. I know it's not much but 12 minutes in and the races all are still open. Won't last, but still a little bit of hope.

Wow, didn't have this kind of trouble last year. Everything is so jammed, the sites aren't even working at all :(

Did you get in? I was logged in on a separate page to my DL/WDW account and then linked through the early reg page on the DL rD page.

Got it. Booked two races for my friend and one for me. Really wish you could do it all at once. What a pain. But it's DONE! Thanks for all your help everyone :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter