Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend September 4-6, 2015 10th Anniversary

No peer pressure, but you'd get discounts on race merch at the expo w/ your AP. :goodvibes

HA! Don't think that didn't cross my mind - along with being able to get race registration in advance ...

The registration went quick. I was thinking I could do it leisurely on the first day but everything but the half was sold out.

Do you think getting registered on the first day of general will be easy?

How much is each event?

No peer pressure, but you'd get discounts on race merch at the expo w/ your AP. :goodvibes

I have a question about this. The registration form had ways to order merchandise (pins, etc.). Is it better to buy them when you register on the 10th or wait until you get there, buy an AP, and then go to the expo?

I have a question about this. The registration form had ways to order merchandise (pins, etc.). Is it better to buy them when you register on the 10th or wait until you get there, buy an AP, and then go to the expo?

Depends on how important the discount is to you, but personally I always buy at the Expo simply because I want my discount. But there are a few things that can possibly sell out before you have a change to get them. It just depends on your priorities. If they do a jacket pre-order again, that will most likely be something NOT available at the Expo. That's what happened with SW.

Liz are you doing Tink for the Pink C2C or DL for the regular color C2C?

I think DDD was about 15 minutes and the 10k shortly after that. They posted on twitter around 9:25/9:30. I know the 5k also sold out, but not sure how much longer, someone posted around 11:30 or in my running group that it sold out, but not sure the exact time.

It is always amazing, isn't it? I feel like I just got in under the wire.

I'm probably going to pass off the two-day hopper to the husband (he won't need more than that) and get a five-day hopper for myself via Way.com.

The only thing that may change is if I make another trip out there this year before September (husband's office is in Santa Monica, so he goes out there for work sometimes - and if I'm lucky, I get to tag along!) - I may bite the bullet and buy an AP.

So bummed that my AP will expire before our trip :sad: We will be there for 8 days, so will probably buy the special 10 day passes for Australians. I'll miss my discounts though.

Don't forget that you can upgrade your multi-day pass to an AP. So you can always buy your 5 day pass now and decide about whether to make it an AP later.

The registration went quick. I was thinking I could do it leisurely on the first day but everything but the half was sold out.

Do you think getting registered on the first day of general will be easy?

How much is each event?

Do it leisurely on the first day... :lmao:

Which event do you want to do? If you're after the Dumbo or 10k, you will need to be ready to go as soon as registration opens. I estimate they will both sell out well within the hour, Dumbo probably within half an hour.

It depends on whether the merchandise or the discount is more important to you. If there's something you'll be devastated to miss out on if it's sold out by the time you get to the expo, I would pre-order it. If you're on the fence, or you won't be too fussed if you miss out, wait until the expo and get the discount :thumbsup2

Depends on how important the discount is to you, but personally I always buy at the Expo simply because I want my discount. But there are a few things that can possibly sell out before you have a change to get them. It just depends on your priorities. If they do a jacket pre-order again, that will most likely be something NOT available at the Expo. That's what happened with SW.

I'd always prefer less if I can. ;)

I second what Jessica and Zanzibar said, depends on how bad you want them but also when you'll get to the expo. Personally, I know I want all the pins, b/c it's the 10th and based in past expos and not getting there until late Thurs, I'll give up my discount to get them. At WDW a few weeks back a couple people had grocery baskets filled w/ pins. If it wasn't the 10th, I'd wait to the expo. But also keep in mind, you don't have to order them right away ~ I'm ordering in a few months.

It is always amazing, isn't it? I feel like I just got in under the wire.

It is! I was just talking to people a few weeks ago how you used to be able to reg a few weeks out and didn't need to worry about being online before it opened and everything logged in.

HA! Don't think that didn't cross my mind - along with being able to get race registration in advance ...

Don't go thru way.com...Get Travel 5 day hopper is only 245! Also they have discounted rates for the PPH!

Apparently the half is *still* open! Feeling like a bit of a loser for getting up at 3:30am :lmao:

I would have been kicking myself if I'd missed out though. Just gotta remember that!

Don't go thru way.com...Get Travel 5 day hopper is only 245! Also they have discounted rates for the PPH!

They don't have rates posted yet. Historically, how much of a discount do they offer on DLR rooms?

They don't have rates posted yet. Historically, how much of a discount do they offer on DLR rooms?

The weekend is a little different, but the Get Travel prices for Tink are $350 for PPH, $400 for DLH and $470 for the Grand after taxes and 3 night minimum. They usually update rate info the week of or right after regular reg opens.

The weekend is a little different, but the Get Travel prices for Tink are $350 for PPH, $400 for DLH and $470 for the Grand after taxes and 3 night minimum. They usually update rate info the week of or right after regular reg opens.

Also you get $25 per night discount on your tickets, we booked two rooms for Tinkerbell at 4 nights each so got $200off so paid for a ticket!

Also you get $25 per night discount on your tickets, we booked two rooms for Tinkerbell at 4 nights each so got $200off so paid for a ticket!

It is per night? I thought it was only $25 flat.
Ooooo...so tempting! It's still way more than BWPP, but I love a good deal. Disney doesn't have any kind of sale on rooms in late summer, do they?

Total newbie question :blush:, Registration for the 5k through runDisney includes a two day park hopper? :confused3
I see if I register through the Get Sports site it is included. I was planning on getting a four day PH. What would I do with the two day?

Total newbie question :blush:, Registration for the 5k through runDisney includes a two day park hopper? :confused3 I see if I register through the Get Sports site it is included. I was planning on getting a four day PH. What would I do with the two day?

No, the special package via Get includes this. Only race is included with RunDisney registration

Pop Tart and I got in for the 10K! Prior to Avengers last November we hadn't run at all and just did that 5K and then SW 5K with my kids. We have decided to up the ante and try the 10K! We are staying just two nights at Anaheim Plaza.... Old but cheap is the way to go for us!

Thanks Jessica for keeping track of everything!!!!

I want to run the double and my wife and oldest daughter want to run the 5k. I'll register both my kids for the kids races. I plan to be waiting for the registration to open and book as soon as possible.

I already booked my room for DLH. I was hoping for a better rate but didn't want to risk it being sold out so I used DVC points to book (cash rates were pretty exhorbitant) and hope to switch to a villa on Sunday at VGC.

Any advice for booking the run?

Baskets of pins? What reason does a person have for buying baskets of pins?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter