Disneyland increased capacity and there are now reservations open for May and June

Matrixleos

DIS Veteran
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/availability-calendar/
I looked at the Park Reservation site yesterday and there was no availability to start your day in Disneyland for either May or June. In addition, Disneyland also had no reservations for July 4th weekend.

Although they must have increased their capacity moving from Orange to Yellow, as if you look today. There are now reservations to start your day at Disneyland for all of the rest of May, majority of June and all of July.

I'm not seeing increased availability at the Grand Californian for the week we are there (which was previously sold out)

I'm not seeing increased availability at the Grand Californian for the week we are there (which was previously sold out)

The hotels are maxing out on 30% capacity so this change to the yellow tier made no difference there.

Ooops, I typed this wrong

I AM seeing increased availability at the Grand Californian for the week we are there (which was previously sold out). Across multiple room types/views.

So maybe they had some in reserve that they are now booking. I didn't check other weeks.

I am going there this weekend on a three day hopper and kind of worried about an increase on wait times with the added increase capacity.

I checked the dining reservations and now being on the yellow tier, restaurants can now increase to 50% but there were no times offered for in park lunch or dinner. Wouldn’t Disney also offer more reservations for restaurants with increase in capacity?

Yep. A lot more room categories opened up that were previously shown as sold out for June.

Last edited:
I am going there this weekend on a three day hopper and kind of worried about an increase on wait times with the added increase capacity.

I checked the dining reservations and now being on the yellow tier, restaurants can now increase to 50% but there were no times offered for in park lunch or dinner. Wouldn’t Disney also offer more reservations for restaurants with increase in capacity?

With Disney having to add more tables outside in different places, they may now move some of that seating back inside. That’s my hope.

Interesting. Just called DL to update our room category. They are showing no additional inventory. The CM placed me on hold and contacted the hotel and they too are showing nothing.

Interesting. Just called DL to update our room category. They are showing no additional inventory. The CM placed me on hold and contacted the hotel and they too are showing nothing.

If you are seeing it online, just rebook and cancel the old reservation.

Oh, bummer. You might have luck upgrading at checkin.

I doubt the rooms will be there. Not a big deal but am going to try one last time. If this is incorrect Disney needs to correct their website.

Edit and update. I feel so stupid. The dates that I entered were off by one day and I did not catch it.

Last edited:
All of the "one park per day" reservations for Disneyland are already gone for the rest of May so it will interesting to watch the wait times the next few days

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210518-214036.png
    Screenshot_20210518-214036.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 6
Lines look bad on the app. 120 min wait for cars but yesterday it was 45 min when I checked.

Lines look bad on the app. 120 min wait for cars but yesterday it was 45 min when I checked.

It was up as high as 75 minutes yesterday, but this morning it was already at 75 by 9:15 and has just gone up from there. Everything at DCA looks terrible right now --every line is 30 minutes or higher other than the carousel and Luigi's flying tires.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter