• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Questions from First Timers Disney Fans

Hey guys, since you guys are helping me a lot with L.A. stuff, can you give me restaurants recommendations?
I mean good restaurants (nothing big fancy and crazy expensive lol) and fast food too, please :)

OMG I didnt know all that stuff! big big thanks! it will help me a lot!
We have 3 days for LA and 1 for Six Flags, guess it's okay then, right?
from West Hollywood to Six Flags there's any bus or shuttle? or uber is our best bet?
thanks again! :D
Three days mays still be pushing it for time. I would pick your priorities and try to fit in the rest but be flexible!

I don’t know anything about MM so I’ll leave it to someone else to help you there.

Hey guys, since you guys are helping me a lot with L.A. stuff, can you give me restaurants recommendations?
I mean good restaurants (nothing big fancy and crazy expensive lol) and fast food too, please :)
Okay so it’s totally cheesy but there’s an Italian place called Miceli’s off of Hollywood Blvd. The portions are massive and the food was great, and usually at dinner there’s a piano player and sometimes they sing.

If you want a Disney connection, the Tam O Shanter is really good.

For fast food, In N Out is the obvious one but it gets crazy busy

Is there a specific reason you want to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain? Are you big coaster fans? I don't know if there's a bus from West Hollywood but its not much of a tourist destination so I doubt it. It's more just a locals park.

Unless you guys are big coaster fans I might consider Universal Studios for a day rather than MM. Universal is also much closer to where you'll already be.

Is there a specific reason you want to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain? Are you big coaster fans? I don't know if there's a bus from West Hollywood but its not much of a tourist destination so I doubt it. It's more just a locals park.

Unless you guys are big coaster fans I might consider Universal Studios for a day rather than MM. Universal is also much closer to where you'll already be.
We're crazy about Roller Coasters (it's kinda funny that I even wanted to be a Roller Coaster engineer when I was a kid lol)
and I've always dreamed of been in Six Flags (since their special partership and expansion in Roller Coaster Tycoon game)
I guess we may consider uber/lyft then, right?

If the OP just wants coasters, Knott's is much closer to DLR and an easy Uber/Lyft ride away. Plus, at Knott's, they can have Mrs. Knott's fried chicken dinner. And Porto's Buena Park location is near Knott's, too. Win, win!
we're considering Six Flags during the days we will be in Los Angeles Hollywood, not during the Anaheim time.
In Anaheim we'll be only the 4 days we're doing Disney.

In ' N' Out
Mel's Drive In if you want that cheesy Hollywood feel
In 'N' Out
Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles - also touristy but good though
In 'N' Out

There's also this fast food burger place called In 'N' Out ;). You should go there and make sure to say yes to the grilled onions! Study the secret menu and look like a pro. Well-done fries are also a good call.

In ' N' Out
In 'N' Out
In 'N' Out

There's also this fast food burger place called In 'N' Out ;). You should go there and make sure to say yes to the grilled onions! Study the secret menu and look like a pro. Well-done fries are also a good call.
OMG thank you! I looked at the menus and it looks awesome! :D

I haven't been back to Six Flags MM in many years. But I had an interesting time there. Back when I was 20 I was in the very first R&R band that played Magic Mountain. We had the gig for 6 weeks (4 nights a week) and had a great time. That park had just opened so it didn't have all the big coasters that it has today. Still fun though. We had our own trailer on site to practice in and played at a couple different venues there. We could go in any time we wanted. It was like our own personal park.
But the best thing to come out of all that was that I met my wife there (she was a ride operator) and now we just passed our 48th anniversary!
But even though that was fun I still MUCH prefer DL. I started going there in 1956 when I was 5 years old. Its been part of my life ever since.

We're crazy about Roller Coasters (it's kinda funny that I even wanted to be a Roller Coaster engineer when I was a kid lol)
and I've always dreamed of been in Six Flags (since their special partership and expansion in Roller Coaster Tycoon game)
I guess we may consider uber/lyft then, right?

Got it. Then yeah, I think Uber/Lyft would be a good option to get to Six Flags MM if you don’t plan to have a car (have you considered a car for the LA/Hollywood portion your trip?).

In ' N' Out
In 'N' Out
In 'N' Out

Just had Roscoe's for the first time a couple of days ago and holy fried chicken batman, this place is amazing!!

Got it. Then yeah, I think Uber/Lyft would be a good option to get to Six Flags MM if you don’t plan to have a car (have you considered a car for the LA/Hollywood portion your trip?).
Me and my fiance we don't drive...
I have license but it has been years and years that I don't drive. Here in São Paulo where we live the traffic is chaotic, and the subway system is pretty perfect, so we always use subway, bus and sometimes uber when necessary.

Hi Thiago,

Yes the weather in May for our experiences varied. More often than not it was warm to hot than cooler than you do have a chance it could rain and be a bit cold.

Best QS in DL for our palate is Plaza Inn and their Fried Chicken. TS Blue Bayou but more for the ambiance than food (Monte Cristo is a must try but serves for two)
Best QS in DCA would be Flo's. TS go Carthay Circle(expensive) or Lamplight Lounge.

Downtown Disney restaurants just outside of the park are also good and not far away walking distance from entrance so check those out too. You have Naples, Catal, Tortilla Jo's and Ralph Brennan Jazz Kitchen, amongst others... plus Salt and Straw ice cream :)

Maxpass is important if it's really crowded would help tremendously. Overall we cut our walking down in half from about 10 miles on average day to 4-5 miles with the maxpass.

Does anybody know if I can pre purchase Disney Gift card and load it to use to have meals in Disneyland?
I have some gift cards from Florida, can i load them and use it at disneyland restaurants?

Does anybody know if I can pre purchase Disney Gift card and load it to use to have meals in Disneyland?
I have some gift cards from Florida, can i load them and use it at disneyland restaurants?
Absolutely, I did that a lot this trip. Disney gift cards are good at any of the US parks so the ones you have from Florida will work at Disneyland.

Absolutely, I did that a lot this trip. Disney gift cards are good at any of the US parks so the ones you have from Florida will work at Disneyland.
That's great! because here in Brazil we use debit and credit card a lot, cash we usually don't carry around. it's painful to travel and use cash and coins lol
Where can I load the gift card I already have from Florida? is there a website for this? is this 100% secure and I wouldn't have any chance to lost my money?

That's great! because here in Brazil we use debit and credit card a lot, cash we usually don't carry around. it's painful to travel and use cash and coins lol
Where can I load the gift card I already have from Florida? is there a website for this? is this 100% secure and I wouldn't have any chance to lost my money?
Yes there is a secure website called disneygiftcard.com where you can manage and refill your Disney gift cards. It's official and secure. It's very convenient because you can combine different gift cards onto one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter