Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Anyone else having day by day mood changes on their trips? 😂 One day I’m like ‘Our Christmas trip will happen gosh dangit!’ And then the next I’m like ‘it’s not gonna happen so let’s plan summer 2021’ and back again. I hate not knowing!! Planning my trip gives me so much joy and the uncertainty is making me twitchy.

All I know is when we go we’re gonna splurge! Staying onsite, lightsabers all around, get myself a new Dooney. 😂
We aren’t planning to go until 2022 now, but dang it, it is going to be a TRIP! We were planning a five day stay at the best western, but I’ve now mentally upgraded us to six days at the Disneyland Hotel. We are going to do ALL THE THINGS and eat ALL THE THINGS and buy ALL THE THINGS... my kid is going to go nuts.

As it was appreciated last time to tell you what other theme parks across the world are doing to prepare for re-opening.

From Efteling (biggest themepark in NL and 3rd park in Europe after Disneyland Paris and EuropaPark in Germany),: they have released a video to help inform children how a day at Efteling will go when they open again next week.
It's in Dutch, but some of the icons and signage you should be able to follow without speaking Dutch :) but let me know if you have questions.

In additional news from Efteling AP holders can pre-order their visit, and at the moment there are over 31K people in the virtual queue to reserve their date. Like Disneyland Anaheim, Efteling is a park with a lot of locals and almost everyone in every household in the area has an AP.

Yes! I've booked hotels for so many backup dates, I'm starting to get paranoid that I'll forget to cancel them on time if the parks don't open!

...paranoid that I'll forget to cancel them on time... THIS, exactly! :o Currently two PP (Sept./Dec) plus one BWPPI (Sept.) bookings. I think. I just hope one hasn't slipped through the cracks of my fissured memory! Also had two different flight bookings (for Sept. and Dec.) but I finally caved and cancelled all flights. Easily done now, with money going back to travel bank so, once I know for SURE - I'll be good to go on air. Now, though, wondering if I shouldn't add a third DL hotel booking for Feb 2021 - help! It's an addiction, lol.

...paranoid that I'll forget to cancel them on time... THIS, exactly! :o Currently two PP (Sept./Dec) plus one BWPPI (Sept.) bookings. I think. I just hope one hasn't slipped through the cracks of my fissured memory! Also had two different flight bookings (for Sept. and Dec.) but I finally caved and cancelled all flights. Easily done now, with money going back to travel bank so, once I know for SURE - I'll be good to go on air. Now, though, wondering if I shouldn't add a third DL hotel booking for Feb 2021 - help! It's an addiction, lol.
You sound just like me! I originally had Aug. and Dec. booked...then added Sep...and now looking at dates in Mar. 2021. It's addicting and I keep needing to reassure myself that one of my trip dates will work out.

One of my masks already matches one of my outfits 😹. Made it out of the 101 Dalmatians fabric I used for the 1950s dress I made for DLR's 60th birthday. Was not on purpose. Just happened to be what fabric I had lying around.

But the real question is, will your constant panda companion also have a mask? :dogdance:

Sorry if this has been asked already -

What is everybody's belief about multi-day ticket holders being able to get in during limited capacity? Will they be able to make "reservations" (assuming that's how they go) for length of stay? Or will these tickets essentially be useless in the beginning and everybody has to buy reservation tickets that are only good a day at a time?

I'm undecided in how I feel about going in the weeks/months right after it opens, but would hate to get a reservation for one day, use a day of our 5 day tickets and then not be able to use the other 4. It wouldn't work with hotel, even if Disney was willing to roll over those 4 days into new tickets.

This is our concern as well. We have 4 day tickets that expire in January. If we can’t use the tickets during a possible limited entry time frame, then I hope Disney extends the expiration date for the tickets. I know that they hold their value but I don’t really like the idea of having to pay more money to use the tickets in the future, I just want to use them.

Anyone else having day by day mood changes on their trips? 😂 One day I’m like ‘Our Christmas trip will happen gosh dangit!’ And then the next I’m like ‘it’s not gonna happen so let’s plan summer 2021’ and back again. I hate not knowing!!
Things HAVE to be better by December, right? I mean, come on, that's months from now! We're not seriously going to be living in this everything-closed, mask-wearing dystopia until DECEMBER, right? Right?!
(Plus December is my back up DL date right now, so I certainly HOPE things are back to normal by then. :/ )

Things HAVE to be better by December, right? I mean, come on, that's months from now! We're not seriously going to be living in this everything-closed, mask-wearing dystopia until DECEMBER, right? Right?!
(Plus December is my back up DL date right now, so I certainly HOPE things are back to normal by then. :/ )

I’m sad enough as it is going without Disneyland as long as it’s been already. If it’s still closed in December I’ll be devastated. I know I know there are much more important things to worry about, but to my family and I Christmas is as big a part of that season as anything else during that time of year. Christmas without Disneyland wouldn’t feel like Christmas to us.

Things open. Masks on. I think masks are here to stay for awhile. Likely until there is a therapy or vaccine.

100% agree and I personally don't see a viable vaccine until summer of 2021. The other thing to keep in mind is that when (not if an vaccine is made, I truly believe there will be one) the covid-19 vaccine is made it will be some months before there is even remotely enough of it to start vaccinating people in numbers that will make a difference. It will take months to ramp up production and I would bet that the vaccine will initially be for the most vulnerable segments of our society, the people being hardest hit now. Remember there are 7.8 BILLION people on this wonderful blue planet of ours (give or take a few).

Hope I am wrong and its sooner but I think people need to be realistic in how things are going to be for the next while.

Sorry if this has been asked already -

What is everybody's belief about multi-day ticket holders being able to get in during limited capacity? Will they be able to make "reservations" (assuming that's how they go) for length of stay? Or will these tickets essentially be useless in the beginning and everybody has to buy reservation tickets that are only good a day at a time?

I'm undecided in how I feel about going in the weeks/months right after it opens, but would hate to get a reservation for one day, use a day of our 5 day tickets and then not be able to use the other 4. It wouldn't work with hotel, even if Disney was willing to roll over those 4 days into new tickets.
I'm waiting to hear about this as well. I have a 5 day park pass with Max pass. Trying to decided if I should use it or hold onto it until next year and just use the value to buy a 5 day then.

I know I know there are much more important things to worry about, but to my family and I Christmas is as big a part of that season as anything else during that time of year. Christmas without Disneyland wouldn’t feel like Christmas to us.

I feel the same way, we’ll be upset too. I’m having a hard time shaking off the blues because normally this is when I start packing and buying things for our summer trip and it’s just hard to deal with. I get why it’s closed and why it will be awhile before it opens but it’s definitely hard to cope with. This virus is so unpredictable and everything changes daily I feel like I’m just getting emotional whiplash.

We’re planning for December and hoping it’s safe to travel by then.

All I got was that the Governor is relaxing reopening rules. But idk if that would pertain to Orange County...I hope so since that is where DL is located. The orignial requirements to move forward were too strict, so he said counties in phase 2 can go at their own pace...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter