Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

DIY at Desert Inn and Suites
I’d stick with Desert Inn then and purchase tickets now in case DL suspends ticket sales as WDW has done.

Here’s the wording from my WDW email:
“However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests.”

I’d stick with Desert Inn then and purchase tickets now in case DL suspends ticket sales as WDW has done.

Here’s the wording from my WDW email:
“However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests.”

thanks, thats what I'm thinking, to look at my finances this week and buy tickets and link them straight away in My Disney Account.

1. Keep the Desert Inn and Suites reservation (not a Good Neighbor Hotel) and wait until Disneyland reopens to buy park tickets

This is what I would do. There is no guarentee that Disneyland will even be open in October. (YES, it is very likely but still...) Cases in California have skyrocketed (25% increase over the past 2 weeks). I HOPE Newsom is going to slow the opening.

I just bought my husband his AP (he has been away overseas for 11 months so we didn't renew his last August). I am worried that they will suspend ticket sales here too and he won't be able to go with us when they reopen. Now he has a valid ticket linked in my app so when the reservation system goes online here, he can be included.

I urge anyone who is holding off on buying tickets to buy them ASAP. Disney can stop new ticket sales anytime with no warning.

I just bought my husband his AP (he has been away overseas for 11 months so we didn't renew his last August). I am worried that they will suspend ticket sales here too and he won't be able to go with us when they reopen. Now he has a valid ticket linked in my app so when the reservation system goes online here, he can be included.

I urge anyone who is holding off on buying tickets to buy them ASAP. Disney can stop new ticket sales anytime with no warning.
I’m worried how they will do the AP extensions. My pass expires tomorrow and I chose the extension option. I’m hoping if they do make AP’s pick days they extend passes so they are valid so we are able to reserve

I’m worried how they will do the AP extensions. My pass expires tomorrow and I chose the extension option. I’m hoping if they do make AP’s pick days they extend passes so they are valid so we are able to reserve

Your pass will still be listed as a valid ticket.

My guess is that "blackout days" will be suspended during the reservation period, as well the reservation period won't count as the park being "open." I think what we will see is reservations windows opening up with priority given to the highest pass tier and then down, and you'll have to choose from what's available at that point. In Shanghai, they have already announced that expiration dates will be extended by: "number of days the parks were closed + number of days the reservation system is in place."

That is what they are doing in Shanghai. Not sure about WDW. Do we know yet? Were passholders allowed to make a reservation on a day that should be a blockout day? Have they even started the process yet?

From the WDW side, does anyone know how far in advance ticket holders are allowed to make reservations?

From the WDW side, does anyone know how far in advance ticket holders are allowed to make reservations?
That info hasn’t been released.

All that’s known is reservations will be available prior to ticket sales starting up again.

APs will have special park preview days before the staggered reopening.

Reactions: EmJ
Tardy to the party, but I'm caught up on the thread. This was going to be the year of three trips. June's DL trip was cancelled. I decided to bail on WDW October when Covid hit. I have scheduled October and December at DL hoping one would work out. After the WDW announcements I think it is best that I focus on one date. We have decided on our December dates and I currently have a reservation at Desert Inn and Paradise Pier package with tickets.

Reading all of the information out there has me confused even more. It would see my Paradise Pier package is a safe bet, but should I make it a room only and buy tickets?

I emailed Get Away Today to ask them what they think about guests booked via their vacation packages for onsite hotels. I’m not sure I’ll get a definitive answer since we’re all just speculating at this point.

I was holding off on paying off our vacation package with tickets/hotel until I knew a reopening date... don’t really want to pay it off this early and find out we’ll delay until December or next summer...

It would seem my Paradise Pier package is a safe bet, but should I make it a room only and buy tickets?
Onsite resort guests at WDW will have priority to be able to book park reservations. DLR may be the same.

In your case, do whichever is more comfortable (less expensive) for you:
~ Disney resort vacation package
~ Room-only + tickets

A3829658-896B-4C2A-B48B-C34BCAF48F52.jpeg
Saw this posted on the WDW disboards. Poster said this WDW blogger is reliable- not familiar with the WDW ones so can’t confirm but might be worth looking into on our end.

View attachment 498063
Saw this posted on the WDW disboards. Poster said this WDW blogger is reliable- not familiar with the WDW ones so can’t confirm but might be worth looking into on our end.
She is reliable.

Other WDW bloggers have also posted that guests with room-only reservations will have the opportunity to purchase tickets and link them to their accounts prior to the reservation windows opening.

WDW isn’t going to leave booked onsite guests out of reservations- they’ll be given the opportunity to link tickets.

Technically, my pass expires in six weeks. I want the extension option. Do I have to do anything or will it happen automatically?
If your pass is paid in full, the extension is automatic. If you're on the monthly payment plan, you have to call.

Last edited:
WDW isn’t going to leave booked onsite guests out of reservations- they’ll be given the opportunity to link tickets.

Good point, this makes me feel better. I can’t link our tickets until I pay off the vacation but I’ve been holding off to pay the rest until we get some news.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter