Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I can't say that I'm surprised, but I am sad to be back to knowing absolutely nothing 😭
This. And I was super excited to maybe be able to go to opening. If it’s August I probably can’t swing it because I teach a microschool class. There were actual tears (mine) but just because I’m so frustrated at all the junk 2020 has to bring.

Not surprised at all and can't argue with the thinking behind the decision. But definitely a bit bummed still. Thinking about a park day, even with all the restrictions and hoops to jump through, was still making me happy. It was a bright spot on the horizon for sure.

I wish people would get it< wear a mask and stay 6 feet apart and everything would get back to normal faster. I think Disney did the right thing, and i bet alot of castmembers are relieved. Plus with downtown disney reopening i think it will be a good test to see how guests follow the rules. I think its up tp the people of california to determine how fast disneyland reopens.

Well, I guess the good news is that now I can stop worrying about how they are going to handle different types of APs with the reservation system!

Can’t worry about that if the park isn’t even open. 😕

Really interested to see how the next 2-3 weeks go for the country and California. Wondering if we’re looking at a delay of weeks or months.

Big heavy sigh. I was just starting to think it was really gonna happen. I need something fun to look forward to. I usually plan trips, not just DL trips. I can’t plan anything. The uncertainty is killing me. And I’m totally being dramatic because of course there are worse things and it was absolutely the right thing to do. But it still stinks more than a Pumba poof.

A friend of mine posed this would you rather today:
Would you rather repeat middle school, or 2020?

...and that's when I realized just how bad this all feels right now 😭
I’d be so much better at middle school now though. Those punks don’t scare me at all.

I don’t think I could ever be good at 2020.

Thing is, it really wasn't Disney's decision. The state isn't giving them the okay to open, they can't open.

yes and no, the state won’t give guidance until after July 4. theoretically, they could say “go ahead and open on July 5” but logistics would be impossible in that time frame.

IIRC they gave hair salons less than a week?

yes and no, the state won’t give guidance until after July 4. theoretically, they could say “go ahead and open on July 5” but logistics would be impossible in that time frame.

I agree. Also CM’s (from what they are saying on FB) are still reporting to work on Monday- no reported amendment to their schedule as of yet. I still think Disney’s public announcement for their hotels were Predicated on their ability to open the parks. I think they were purposefully ambiguous about how the state “indicated”
That they couldn’t open rather than explicitly saying whether or not they received a yes or no. Plus the ending of their letter saying they cannot open until negotiations with the unions are reached leaves me to believe that’s the real hold up so to speak.

True but I simply can NOT fathom them allowing Theme Parks to open with day after day of record high's.

They have been giving about a week between announcing "guidance" and allowing the reopening.

Nothing official has been announced yet, but right now, based on what happened yesterday with WDW's park reservation system, having your GCH reservation should give you priority when DLR's park reservation system opens. (We don't know yet when that will be.) But you will need to have already purchased your park tickets to make those park reservations, Can you call the GCH to ask about this? DLR has not announced when they plan to start reselling tickets. Some authorized vendors were selling tickets as of last week, but I don't know if any of them still are.
Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter