Disneyland vs. Disney World

They are both great parks and I have visted both many times.

Here is how it boils down:

WDW

1. WDW has the worldshowcase, which just cannot be replicated in any theme park anywhere.

2. WDW has kilamanjaro safari at AK, which is the second coolest thing you will find in any theme park anywhere.

3. WDW has a bigger DTD and Disney Quest, which are great.

4. WDW has better shopping, shows and themed dining experiences

5. WDW has the best waterparks in the world. Disneyland does not have a waterpark.

6. WDW is bigger and has a certain overwhelming "WOW" factor that Disneyland does not have.

Disneyland

1. DL is the best stand alone theme park anywhere in the world (even better than TDL, Epcot and TDS). It truely blows the doors off the MK and is really a magic kingdom and a half. That said, there are only two parks in DL as opposed to 4 parks and 2 waterparks in WDW.

2. Likewise, DCA is really a theme park and a half and (aside from worldshowcase, TDS, and the original DL) DCA is really the next best Disney theme park. Really, DCA is like a DHS on steroids with a few e-ticket attractions at epcot and AK also thrown into it (but arguably better versions). While you get 4 theme parks in WDW, you get 2 "park and a halfs" and DL, though WDW certainly has more "stuff."

2. DL is MUCH more convenient than WDW. Regadless of where you are at in the parks, you are only about a 5-10 minute walk from DTD and to your hotel room if you stay on property and only about a 15 minute walk if you are off property. This is a major advantage for families with young children...trust me. Park hopping in WDW is a joke compared to the park hopping in Anaheim

3. The weather in Anaheim is (on average) MUCH better than the weather and humidity in Florida. Much fewer rainy days and thunderstorms as well.

4. Disneyland and DCA have way more attractions per acreage than the parks in florida. While Florida has more and bigger parks, DL and DCA have many more attractions per park, which again is nice -- especially for families with young children.

5. Rides and attractions are often cloned between the WDW and DL. DL will tend to have the better version of these cloned rides (i.e., POTC), but not always.

6. What WDW has in size and grandeur, DL is said to have in incredible theming, maintenance, convenience and intimacy.

After visting both many times, I would say that they are both great. In truth, I personally prefer DL (but that may be because I have a young family and the convenience and "hassle-free" nature of DL cannot be replicated at WDW).

Remember that Disneyland was the home of Walt Disney - His brother created Disney World. Personal Fan of Disneyland. It has more to offer looking at the park itself comparing to the Magic Kingdom Park.

Hello,

Disney World has 4 parks in 1(MK, EPCOT, HS, AK) which is bigger than Disneyland. There is only one Disney World and a couple of Disneylands(California,Japan,France(?)) They both have the nice staff and all those other things. If you just like Magic Kingdom then you should either go to Disneyland or Disney World. But if you want the other ones like EPCOT, HS, and AK then go to Disney World.

Happy Summer!:cool1:

Hello

Anyway I think Disney World would be best because the upcoming attractions and the thrilling rides.

:wizard:

I think that the central question here needs to be looked at in a few different ways.

As far as the total resort package, there is nothing in the world that competes with Walt Disney World. Disney World contains 4 excellent theme parks, 2 great water parks, and tons of resort options that pretty much can satisfy anyone's wildest desires. Therefore, Disney World is probably the best option for people who plan on having Disney vacations greater than 2 days.

On the other hand, as far as an individual park goes, the Disneyland Park in California is the single greatest theme park in the Disney empire. Disneyland Park coupled with California Adventure pretty much gets you the best taste of what Disney has to offer in a 1 or 2 day trip (with a very usable Park Hopper). Also, Disneyland's compact size allows one to essentially (if a Park Hopper is purchased) treat the whole resort as one contiguous park and more effectively plan when certain attractions will be visited. Plus, the size allows you do do more with less time. For example, the last time my brother and I went to Disneyland we were able to do the monorail, Space Mountain (twice), the Matterhorn, The Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and Big Thunder Mountain in a 2 hour time frame. This just wouldn't be possible to accomplish at Disney World for a number of reasons.

DL was my Disney park, however until I was 15 I lived out east so I spent more time at WDW. However, since 15 I've lived in either AZ or CA and have visited DLR about once every other year and definitely consider it my "home" park. I'm going to FL in September and can't wait to visit WDW again (although I only have 2 days).

I think a lot has to do with whatever park you first visited as a kid or adult. I grew up in Michigan and Florida was our winter getaway. My first trip to Disneyworld was when I was 6 and I have been fortunate to go 28 more times since then. I also visited Disneyland when I was 10 and I wasn’t impressed. Now that I live in Arizona I have been to Disneyland 20 plus times and have grown to appreciate the differences between the 2 parks.

To me Disneyland is more of a fun weekend getaway and feels like a true amusement park in the sense of the size. It’s not big at all compared to Disneyworld. Main Street feels claustrophobic to me when compared to WDW but yet it has the cool factor of walking on the same pavement that Walt did. I do like how everything is within walking distance when compared to WDW. Sometimes it’s nice to just walk back to your room for a nap vs. playing the boat, busses, monorail game at WDW. I do think the CMs could be nicer at Disneyland. They just seem to be less “Disney” especially if you visit both parks in the same year. Then you defiantly notice. I love that they have club 33 and a true blue bayou. I also enjoy Thunder Mountain more at DL.

Disneyworld on the other hand truly feels like the place where dreams come true. It’s huge! I can go for a week and feel like I never saw anything which is what I love. I love the big manmade lake. I love drinking around the world at epcot or eating around to if I can lol. Going on a African safari or heading to the water park and getting cut in line by Oliver North..Yep I let him lol. I enjoy touring all the hotels and just love how everything is on a grander scale. But like I said I guess a lot of it has to do with WDW being my first park.

I have been fortitude enough to visit both many times.

There are things that I love and hate about both.

WDW -

Love that it's huge and feels like its truly a relaxing vacation.
Love the variety of the parks and water parks.
Love being immersed in Disney.
Love spending a week there and never having to leave property and don't have to duplicate anything if you don't want.
Love the "onsite" variety of hotels/resorts.

Hate the buses!
Dislike
Dislike

DLR-
Love the nostalgia of the "original" DL.
Love the walking distance to everywhere on property.

Hate that it feels like your never more then 5 minutes from real life.
Hate planning the non-Disney part of SoCal trips.

They are both an awesome and unique vacation and we love them both. We are close to the same distance between both, so we can use either for our current needs.

The most important thing to us, is watching our kids love and explore Disney! Whether walking down Main Street MK or Main Street DL, we love our time there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter