Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Family Suites Information & Questions

I stayed in the ASMu Suites the end of August and was extremely happy with the space we had. I'm staying in the AoA suites for the first time in April so I can't offer a comparison yet. With two older kids I can't see myself going back to a room where they have to share a bed so rooms that sleep 5 or suites are great for us.

Has anyone stayed at ASMu and the cabins at Fort Wilderness? I'm wondering how they compare, if the cabins are worth the extra money or not?
I know we won't use the 'full' kitchen. We will likely only use the microwave, possibly the oven but that is iffy. I like the fact that ASMu has a food court, we enjoyed the food court at POR and like quick food rather than lots of sit down table service meals. The more spread out aspect of FW actually appeals to us, I feel like noise level would be lower (I am such a light sleeper, especially when we are away from home). We have the option of getting a rental car at a very good rate either way so travel isn't really a huge issue for us as far as that is concerned.

Just booked the family suite for our upcoming April vacation. We have 2 adults and 4 kids.
Will we want to kill each other by the week's end?? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Has anyone stayed at ASMu and the cabins at Fort Wilderness? I'm wondering how they compare, if the cabins are worth the extra money or not?
I know we won't use the 'full' kitchen. We will likely only use the microwave, possibly the oven but that is iffy. I like the fact that ASMu has a food court, we enjoyed the food court at POR and like quick food rather than lots of sit down table service meals. The more spread out aspect of FW actually appeals to us, I feel like noise level would be lower (I am such a light sleeper, especially when we are away from home). We have the option of getting a rental car at a very good rate either way so travel isn't really a huge issue for us as far as that is concerned.

Have never stayed a ASMu, but we have stayed at AOA in LK suite and the cabins. We love the cabins. I like the two bathrooms at AOA, but lacking for us was the full kitchen and full size fridge. My husband likes to have the kitchen on the trips. We do prepare food in the room. He gets tired of Disney food after the week. We enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of the cabins too. Like how close it is to the main deluxe resorts too. Like I said have stayed at ASMu, but if you don't need the full kitchen it would be adequate.

This is great! I have just booked a trip in early March, and my family had some questions about what the beds would look like. Thank you so much for the wonderful photos! Very informative.

Just booked the family suite for our upcoming April vacation. We have 2 adults and 4 kids.
Will we want to kill each other by the week's end?? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

You'll find that you can fold unruly children in the sleeper sofa quite nicely. They will keep all day. Just be sure to leave a note for your housekeeper that the whimpering sounds coming from your room are from an escaped service animal. Tipping generously also helps to hold off those calls to child protective services.

In case you are a wimp... you can go with plan B where you just drop off the kids at the "Beast" Friends Kennel. The largest cages can accommodate 4 small children or one large husband! :thumbsup2

~NM

We'll be back at AS Music in a family suite in May. We stayed in a family suite here back in 2011 and had a great experience and thought the layout worked out great for our family. Our kids are four years older though and the older two aren't too thrilled about sleeping in the living room on pull out beds again (especially after staying in a condo and having their own beds on our Disney trip two years ago :laughing:); but with a baby in tow again and this trip being a little shorter we decided it would probably be best to go back to the Disney family suite. We stayed in Jazz building 2 on the ground floor last time and it was so nice and quiet so I am requesting this location again :thumbsup2

We have a family of 5 and stayed for 3 days in the Suites here and loved the extra room of having a suite! 2 bathrooms were great and having a seperate sleeping area for my husband and I to get away from the kids and vice versa was wonderful! We are now planning for November/December 2016 and were looking at othe options for a family of 5 but keep coming back to Music.

You'll find that you can fold unruly children in the sleeper sofa quite nicely. They will keep all day. Just be sure to leave a note for your housekeeper that the whimpering sounds coming from your room are from an escaped service animal. Tipping generously also helps to hold off those calls to child protective services.

In case you are a wimp... you can go with plan B where you just drop off the kids at the "Beast" Friends Kennel. The largest cages can accommodate 4 small children or one large husband! :thumbsup2

~NM

I started reading this without looking at the author. One sentence in, I knew it was NM! :)

Bumping thread.....20 days until we are at the ASMu Family Suite to begin our very first trip!! I cannot wait, and am so excited for this suite! The AoA suites look awesome but we just couldn't do that pricing for this trip, maybe next time! We are a family of 5- kids are 9,5, and almost 3,so I think the family suites are going to be perfect for us! My husband much prefers some space- we had originally just booked a single room, and upgraded bc I just didn't think he'd be happy with it....I would be fine, but I think he would get annoyed being squished in like that. We also got the regular dining plan to take advantage of character meals, that we may not have normally paid for. Had we NOT done the plan, I would've only booked 1, possibly 2 meals. But since we did, I booked 3 character meals, each one to interest each of my kids, which I think is great. (Chef Mickey's, Akershus Princess, and Hollywood & Vine). Our night of arrival is a nopark day- we plan to swim & relax from the drive and have a dinner reservation at Boma.

Should we drive ourselves to Boma or take the bus?? Also for Chef Mickeys breakfast? What would be faster??

We check in this Saturday!!! Soooo excited! :) :) :) plan is to arrive by noon, eat lunch at the food court then swim while we wait on our room. I packed a separate swim bag so we can change......is there a rest room in the lobby or by the pools that we could use to change clothes?

We check in this Saturday!!! Soooo excited! :) :) :) plan is to arrive by noon, eat lunch at the food court then swim while we wait on our room. I packed a separate swim bag so we can change......is there a rest room in the lobby or by the pools that we could use to change clothes?

It's been quite a few years, but our last stay there were bathrooms/changing rooms at the main pool.

Just got home from our stay....it was FANTASTIC! I was really happy with it. My only complaint was the kiddie pool kinda stunk, so once that started we kept the kids out of it. We were in calypso 10 building. Mouse keeping did great, food at the food court was good. We really enjoyed our stay and I highly recommend the family suite!! This was really the perfect choice for our first trip!

We just got back last night from a 10 night stay. There were 6 of us. Only had 2 issues which were resolve quickly. First, our 15 year old tried lying on the ottoman foldout. She said she couldn't do it because there was a bar in her back. We looked at the chair foldout and realized the ottoman was put together wrong. Bottom half support was suppose to be attached to top of bar and it was attached to the bottom of bar even though there were holes on the top of bar. We called maintenance and they were there in five minutes and quickly fixed it. He just laughed and said nobody has pointed this out before and several people must have slept on it. After fix, it was very comfortable. Second (not really an issue),the first several days we were left towel animals then for 2 days none. Our drama queen 8 year old told us this is what she looked forward to most each day and the mousekeeper was" breaking her heart" lol. My son-in-law left a note next to the tip asking for a towel animal. That day we came back to several. We did enjoy the resort and they offered a lot of activities by the pool.

Minnidap, we were there together!! We returned from a 6 day trip on Saturday. We had no issues with the room. There were a couple of places on the wall where the paint was chipped, but it didn't affect our stay. I didn't make any requests, but we were pleased to be on the first floor of building one. The only thing that would have been more convenient would have been to be poolside instead of parking lot side. After walking the entire resort, we were glad to be in the preferred section. We will pay for that when we return to a value resort.

Concierge desk was very helpful with any questions we had. DD did pin trading in the lobby & by the pool during the movie. DD enjoyed the main pool. DH left our video camera on a bench when we boarded a bus on evening. When he came back to the front desk, some kind soul had turned it in and they had it in a safe! We really didn't expect to see the camera again, so we were delightfully surprised. All CM's at the resort were very friendly. We used the food court three times & everything was good. We never waited over 5 minutes for a bus and sometimes the bus was pulling up as we were walking to the bus stop.

We've done deluxe, moderate, & value now & we've enjoyed each of them. Already thinking about our next trip--3 years away. Depending on who goes with us, the choices are: Art of Animation, Old Key West, or Polynesian. Working on my bucket list of staying at all of the resorts. Three down, many more to go!

We check in this Saturday!!! Soooo excited! :) :) :) plan is to arrive by noon, eat lunch at the food court then swim while we wait on our room. I packed a separate swim bag so we can change......is there a rest room in the lobby or by the pools that we could use to change clothes?[/QUOT
It's been quite a few years, but our last stay there were bathrooms/changing rooms at the main pool.
Usually there are laundry facilities ans rest rooms near all disney pools ;)

My DH has a very bad back so I am a little worried about him walking around the resort a lot. (I need him to rest up for the parks. :lmao:) We are doing the family suite but which building number should I request? Secondly, do the buses to the magic Kingdom does it drop you off at the ticket transportation center or at the park? It has been years since we did the buses so I can't remember. Contemplating if we should do the buses or just drive our own car. TIA

For a family suite request I would ask for building #1, it is closest to food court and transportation. The buses to MK do not drop you off at TTC. We like to drive to the parks but always take the bus to MK.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter