Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Oh I have another question..

When I do online check in with room requests, do I have to select options from a drop down menu or can you type your requests? If drop down, what options are available? Thanks in advance 😀

Oh I have another question..

When I do online check in with room requests, do I have to select options from a drop down menu or can you type your requests? If drop down, what options are available? Thanks in advance 😀
It is drop down only-no typing in requests-and the choices are VERY limited.

Currently the drop down choices are:

Room Request 1:
None
Ground Floor
Near Pool

Room Request 2:
None
Ground Floor

Just remember if you aren't assigned a Room you like initially, it is perfectly fine to nicely ask the Front Desk to check again for a Room you want.

We have done this MANY times with success,not always,but much of the time.

Have fun!

I consider All-Star Sports my "Home" Resort as it is the first Resort I ever stayed at and have been back there MANY times.

Happy to provide any more info you may need.

Oh wow that’s very limited.. when people talk about requesting specific buildings are they doing that by email In advance then?

Thanks so much for replying 😀

Oh wow that’s very limited.. when people talk about requesting specific buildings are they doing that by email In advance then?

Thanks so much for replying 😀
Not via email but by calling the main reservation line and ask the CM to add your request to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

Hello all!

Going to AS Sports in June. I have Apple Watch and planning to get my daughter a magic band. Does anyone know if they have a decent selection of magic bands there to buy in the all stars shop? (From the UK so can’t preorder)

My second question, I bought my tickets not directly from Disney.. they are linked in MDE. Are check in / guest services at the hotel able to give me a ticket card (thinking incase my daughter doesn’t pick a MB at the resort) or will I need to go to guest services at the park on the first day we visit? (Hoping to rope drop early entry so would rather not have to do that)
Selection wasn't great in March. here are a couple they had on the rack.

If you have the option to go to Disney Springs, Pin Traders at the Market Place end has the best selection of bands. Emporium in the Magic Kingdom has a great assortment. Dark Room in Hollywood Studios has a very good selection. Pin Traders in Epcot (under Space Ship Earth) has a fair selection. I don't recall seeing many in Animal Kingdom so I can't advise.

Yes, the front desk will give you a card if you need one. You can also use the Disney app on your phone to unlock the door, tap for park entry, etc. See -> https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/magic-mobile/ That being said, I've had issue with door unlocking using my Samsung phone. Also keep in mind your apple watch might not open the room doors, or charge to your room (but you can use Apple Pay). I'm not sure if the Apple Watch will auto link photos on rides like Seven Dwarfs, Tron, Guardians (where you don't tap for them), but keep the app open and signed in on your phone, you might get them that way.

Attachments

• 20240319_154643.jpg
    20240319_154643.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 3

Selection wasn't great in March. here are a couple they had on the rack.

If you have the option to go to Disney Springs, Pin Traders at the Market Place end has the best selection of bands. Emporium in the Magic Kingdom has a great assortment. Dark Room in Hollywood Studios has a very good selection. Pin Traders in Epcot (under Space Ship Earth) has a fair selection. I don't recall seeing many in Animal Kingdom so I can't advise.

Yes, the front desk will give you a card if you need one. You can also use the Disney app on your phone to unlock the door, tap for park entry, etc. See -> https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/magic-mobile/ That being said, I've had issue with door unlocking using my Samsung phone. Also keep in mind your apple watch might not open the room doors, or charge to your room (but you can use Apple Pay). I'm not sure if the Apple Watch will auto link photos on rides like Seven Dwarfs, Tron, Guardians (where you don't tap for them), but keep the app open and signed in on your phone, you might get them that way.

Thank you, think we’ll go for the card until we get to Disney Springs then!

Just remember if you aren't assigned a Room you like initially, it is perfectly fine to nicely ask the Front Desk to check again for a Room you want.

We have done this MANY times with success,not always,but much of the time.
I've also done this many times but have found over the past few years I've had little to no luck.

My big problem is a flight that arrives later in the day. The later you arrive eg after 6pm, the fewer options or no options for room change may be available. I've also found front desk CMs are not as quick to actually search for a new room as they were a few years ago. My gut is they now have a policy to discourage room change requests as they have fewer staff at the desk due to the push toward self check-in and direct to room arrival. I've had to ask them to please check their system - which usually results in them needing to stand in line to speak with a manager - and it's easily a 45 min plus exercise that doesn't always result in a better room or any new room options at all. Just my experience.

My gut is they now have a policy to discourage room change requests as they have fewer staff at the desk due to the push toward self check-in and direct to room arrival. I've had to ask them to please check their system - which usually results in them needing to stand in line to speak with a manager - and it's easily a 45 min plus exercise that doesn't always result in a better room or any new room options at all. Just my experience.
And recently, the CM at check-in (not at this resort) told us which rooms we would have onsite when housekeeping was done (and even circled them on a map). A few minutes went by, and I got the push notification that our rooms completely changed buildings and were actually in a worse location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter