• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

2 Character Greetings in July!:)

OTPN
All%20Star%20Sports_Rec%20Cal%20July%202018-1-X3.jpg

I was surprised when I checked in online two days ago and couldn’t make requests/selections either. Not sure why! Usually you can request a floor and section.

I did on line check in yesterday and was able to pull down a 1st and 2nd request.

I did on line check in yesterday and was able to pull down a 1st and 2nd request.

I checked after reading this, and it let me, too! Requested my usual, a ground floor room! :thumbsup2

Just be aware that with the recent issues they have been having over the last 2 years with the room request section, a lot of times even though you make request selections it's broken on the back end and the room assignors don't always see the requests.

I always make my requests when I book my trip. However, I then make sure I do on line check in and add the same requests then. I don't ever seem to get any of my requests and end up going to the desk to see if they can switch me at least close to where I'd like to be. Sometimes I get lucky and sometimes not. I'm only in the room to shower and sleep and I'm at Disney so that's whats really important.

We have always requested top floor (last two times we had to book preferred pool view at POP for the package we had) So to avoid some of the noise we just went with top floor and it was fine.

This trip we are hoping to get Homerun Hotel -- I'm going to assume that pool is pretty quiet and requesting ground floor shouldn't be a high traffic area?

This trip we are hoping to get Homerun Hotel -- I'm going to assume that pool is pretty quiet and requesting ground floor shouldn't be a high traffic area?

We requested that and they originally put us about as far away as possible in tennis. CM at check-in got us 3rd floor homerun, parking lot side. It was pretty busy, as there are spots teams all over this hotel and they happen to be on our floor running in and out of each other's rooms. But their coach or whoever would try to get them on line, and after 10 pm, there was never an issue. But that pool is not exactly not a busy pool.
Good thing about homerun tho is that it's super close to music's food court and their desserts are much better choices. Each all-star has variations in the menu.

We requested that and they originally put us about as far away as possible in tennis. CM at check-in got us 3rd floor homerun, parking lot side. It was pretty busy, as there are spots teams all over this hotel and they happen to be on our floor running in and out of each other's rooms. But their coach or whoever would try to get them on line, and after 10 pm, there was never an issue. But that pool is not exactly not a busy pool.
Good thing about homerun tho is that it's super close to music's food court and their desserts are much better choices. Each all-star has variations in the menu.

Thank you. Have been told there are not a lot of sports teams the last bit of August and there is nothing going on for most of our days at ESPN, so we shall see. We hit the 15s last year at POP, and we didn't think it was too terrible.

Just switched over to all star sports from Music and pretty excited as my youngest is a HUGE football fan so of course I requested the touchdown section. I was reading that they were doing some remodeling of the back of the end zone food court.... Any idea of when that will be complete? Also are there towels provided at the pools, or do we need to bring our own from the room? thanks!

Last edited:
as someone who's never stayed at all star sports, can someone recommend there favorite standard room area they stayed in. Just to know I will be solo and have no problem with a fair amount of walking towards the buses or food court. Thank you in advance.

as someone who's never stayed at all star sports, can someone recommend there favorite standard room area they stayed in. Just to know I will be solo and have no problem with a fair amount of walking towards the buses or food court. Thank you in advance.
we like Center Court, it is a bit of a walk but much quieter. Cute theming too

Just a little All-Star Sports news.

The closed section of End Zone was closed because the flooring was buckling.

When the new flooring arrived it wouldn't work so they are having to order more new flooring-no timetable for reopening.

Game Point Arcade now has all the games up against the walls with tables and chairs filling the space between the games-everyone is calling the setup Chuck E. Cheese's!lol

They can seat about 80 in there.

Goofy was shaking hands and kissing babies around the Resort today and Donald Duck was at Music.

Disney has an "RV" with a really cool "Character paint job" that they are using to take Characters around to the Resorts(no set schedule-it is "random").

Pool Hours are:
Surfboard Bay-9:00 AM-11:00 PM
Grand Slam-9:00 AM-10:00 PM.

As for The 15s,I think they are in every section but Surf's Up!.

They have been fairly "chill" so far-a little chanting here,a little dancing there.lol

It did get pretty wild at F! last night-over 1,300 15s were there for the first show and they were definitely "excited" to be there!lol:)

We're headed down the second week of August, 8-15, staying at Sports to save and spend money on other things - like CRL and souvenirs! :) I've stayed at many of the different resorts around WDW, but I think this will be my first at Sports! Fingers crossed the "15's" will hopefully be ending their journeys and not there much! Have never heard of them and these trips!!

I've read about the last 5 pages of this thread, but I don't have much time to really dig in and find different things. Anything I should really know about? Be aware of? We don't have a preferred room, so which part should I request? My niece won't care, my nephew leans towards basketball - so was probably going to request ground floor and Hoops section.

Anything you guys can tell me will be greatly appreciated!!

When the new flooring arrived it wouldn't work so they are having to order more new flooring-no timetable for reopening.

Game Point Arcade now has all the games up against the walls with tables and chairs filling the space between the games-everyone is calling the setup Chuck E. Cheese's!lol

Goofy was shaking hands and kissing babies around the Resort today and Donald Duck was at Music.

Disney has an "RV" with a really cool "Character paint job" that they are using to take Characters around to the Resorts(no set schedule-it is "random").

Pool Hours are:

They have been fairly "chill" so far-a little chanting here,a little dancing there.lol

It did get pretty wild at F! last night-over 1,300 15s were there for the first show and they were definitely "excited" to be there!lol:)

Is that was that group was, the 15s! We saw them allover Epcot, no problems with them.

We didn't mind or care about the remodeling of the food court, it didn't impact us in any way and always was able to sit in the main section.

Ooops to the above post I was trying to include.....in case anyone is nervous about the food court set up, we were there a few weeks ago and actually preferred sitting in this arcade section to eat. Most tables were empty in there while we sat there to eat and it was great people watching as they played games! No hustle bustle. Condiments and utensils were there as well.

Pool Hours are:

Thank you very much for the update. We will be there the 8/15-28. Getting excited!

Thank you very much for the update. We will be there the 8/15-28. Getting excited!
You're welcome.

I am sure you are disappointed you are going to miss The 15s!lol

They are wide open 24/7-I don't know when they sleep!lol

The coolest new thing at the All-Stars is the Character Caravan-it has come to Sports the last 3 days -today(actually yesterdaylol)we had Donald Duck.

It is so awesome when the Characters come-they don't stay in one place with a line like usual-they "roam" around the whole Resort and take pics as they encounter Guests.

Today I saw Donald help "check-in" Guests at the Front desk!lol:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter